deal of the day

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

mike says you will not see 240 agfa batteries anywhere for £20 quid all in (21.51 to be exact)

http://www.poundland.co.uk/product-range/a-z/aa-15pack-zinc-batteries/

exactly the same batteries

£1 for 15.....

so that means at poundland

322.65 (ok call it 322) for the same all in price as bid

hardly a bad deal but not a steal

mike has sold 1100 inside ten minutes so maybe they are right
What Mike didn't tell you was that the batteries he was flogging were zinc (clearly visible on the packaging) not alkaline which means they are low power with a short shelf life and only suitable for low power applications.
They are completely unsuitable for most of the appliances Mike described in his opening pitch such as the electric toy train and electric toothbrush he went on about.

Here's a chart which lists the applications; http://www.grainger.com/tps/batteries_carbon_zinc_alkaline_selection_guide.pdf
Another disgraceful and misleading presentation.

What Mike didn't tell you was that the batteries he was flogging were zinc (clearly visible on the packaging) not alkaline which means they are low power with a short shelf life and only suitable for low power applications.
They are completely unsuitable for most of the appliances Mike described in his opening pitch such as the electric toy train and electric toothbrush he went on about.

Here's a chart which lists the applications; http://www.grainger.com/tps/batteries_carbon_zinc_alkaline_selection_guide.pdf

Thank you for the info, I was tempted to buy some... so had a look & found them cheaper. I won't bother with them at all now after reading your info.

These batteries are only as good as the Kodak ones Poundland also sell. Basically, you can only use them for the sort of stuff you'd use cheap Poundland batteries for. The mention of heavy duty signifies they are Zinc Chloride rather than Zinc Carbon (which is better, but nowhere near as good as alkaline).

old schemer simon davies is doing the dotd day now

"if you could get 8 of these for £9.99 in the high street you would be delighted"

oh dear

Good old Andy Hodgson quite correctly described them in his preview tonight as being "ideal for appliances with low-power usage, like clocks, smoke alarms, remote controls and calculators" and he's just made a point of looking for the expiry date on them during his pitch - why can't the charlatan Mason be so honest?

Last edited:
Good old Andy Hodgson quite correctly described them in his preview tonight as being "ideal for appliances with low-power usage, like clocks, smoke alarms, remote controls and calculators" - why can't the charlatan Mason be so honest?
Fair play to Andy Hodgson he told it exactly as it is, I can never tire of watching him present.

Whereas Andy Hodgson looks out for the interests of the viewers, Mike Mason only cares about "Gedding 'em out of the door".

Andy is a true professional. Mike is a market trader spiv.

If I owned situp tv I'd say to mike mason you're fired, for bullshitting in the style of lord Alan sugar.

davies and sally jaax worse for this overall today

both said can use these batteries for anything and everything

mason almost as bad last night

once again andy well clear

Simon Davies yesterday morning made me laugh, apparently you can run your TV (yes he did say TV not remote) and your computer with these batteries!!!! Also made me laugh when he ran out of things to say so just listed different types of remotes :p

Simon Davies yesterday morning made me laugh, apparently you can run your TV (yes he did say TV not remote) and your computer with these batteries!!!! Also made me laugh when he ran out of things to say so just listed different types of remotes :p

I watched a bit of Simon yesterday selling plants with Angela, he was really going for it and sounded terribly out of breath. I think he needs to cool his jets a bit, we don't want him hyperventilating :wink:

I watched a bit of Simon yesterday selling plants with Angela, he was really going for it and sounded terribly out of breath. I think he needs to cool his jets a bit, we don't want him hyperventilating :wink:

If he's the one I'm thinking of, he usually seems frightened to death and as if any minute now he's going to start gibbering and they'll have to take him off. I know his face from somewhere. I expect he's one of those who has been knocking around TV land for years

If he's the one I'm thinking of, he usually seems frightened to death and as if any minute now he's going to start gibbering and they'll have to take him off. I know his face from somewhere. I expect he's one of those who has been knocking around TV land for years

I believe he used to present 'Playdays' and he currently appears in the Enterprise Car Rental advert as 'Sir Geoff' although you might not know that Hillary as he hardly ever mentions it :wink:

I believe he used to present 'Playdays' and he currently appears in the Enterprise Car Rental advert as 'Sir Geoff' although you might not know that Hillary as he hardly ever mentions it :wink:

he is a good actor

he plays a bumbling old fool well on price drop and bid but much like another elderly presenter makes sure he makes some very spurious claims

however he smiles a lot and seems a nice bloke so its all ok

Today's deal of the day some crappy fashion item.Too much fashion enough already.They ordered too much stock on fashion.Arghhhh.And no more gardening either.Bras lol how boring switching the fruitcake dirty Peter off.

Come on M&M you are quick to moan about us, how about bring honest and admitting that it disgusting lies and shouldn't be sold like that.

I'm not the sharpest knife in the drawer :taphead: I've been watching today's DOTD handheld steam cleaner while I was doing my chores. It took a while but it eventually dawned on me that I bought this product a few months ago. OK, so bully for me, but the penny also dropped that I paid a lot less than the DOTD price of £9.99 (plus extra costs!) In my head that's not much of a deal if the self same product has sold for a lot less in the recent past.
I know they claim the DOTD is something special at a great price for a limited time; let's hope they don't claim that the DOTD is something special at the lowest ever price for a limited time! :wonder:

I nearly bought a load of those batteries a while back without thinking, I saw them online and just assumed they'd be good for general use. Luckily I mentioned it to OH who said, "if they're not alkaline batteries, they won't be worth buying", I soon realised they weren't and didn't go through with it thankfully. But I can see how easily people can be mislead, specially with things like this, back in the day when there wasn't the need for strong batteries we all bought Ever Ready blue and that was it, I didn't even think low power batteries existed any more...anyway, no harm done for me anyway!

Latest posts

Back