Peter Simon: Increasingly worrying behaviour

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Hillary

Registered Shopper
I know I don't watch as much of this channel as many of you, but I used to enjoy it very much.Now, I just can't watch Dirty Peter any more. He really is giving me the impression that there is something of the night about him. The way he paws and leers at young assistants just isn't on. They can't do much about it can they? They need the work. If one of the straight men did this, there would be uproar, not to mention if one of the other gay men started pawing men! How does he get away with it?
His suggestive remarks aren't funny because he doesn't have the talent of the comedians whose acts he so blatantly copies.
For some reason, and the Lord alone knows what it it, the production team seem to think that he appeals to my age group. He doesn't! He's not funny, he's not entertaining, he's not clever. AND he's getting worse. In my opinion he is a horrible little nobody who should be off the screen

Most of the Sit Up Channels seem to operate to a completely different set of standards to anything else around, it's only my opinion but I am finding them increasingly bizarre.

It's strange that Bid Plus seems to have completely gone the other way and is being pitched as a 'normal' shopping channel. I was watching Peter Sherlock appear as a guest (that's what the on air caption said) and it was like watching a different person. No hysterics, no shocked faces, he just offered a description to aide the presenter (who i'm sure I have seen on Argos TV).

As for Peter Simon, what can I say? Very, very weird. I rarely get past watching his monologues now, same with Gollum.

They are unbearable.

Most of the Sit Up Channels seem to operate to a completely different set of standards to anything else around, it's only my opinion but I am finding them increasingly bizarre.

It's strange that Bid Plus seems to have completely gone the other way and is being pitched as a 'normal' shopping channel. I was watching Peter Sherlock appear as a guest (that's what the on air caption said) and it was like watching a different person. No hysterics, no shocked faces, he just offered a description to aide the presenter (who i'm sure I have seen on Argos TV).

As for Peter Simon, what can I say? Very, very weird. I rarely get past watching his monologues now, same with Gollum.

They are unbearable.

It's such a pity. There's no need for it. By the way... who is Gollum? I know who Bod and Lola are/were but this one has passed me by

It's such a pity. There's no need for it. By the way... who is Gollum? I know who Bod and Lola are/were but this one has passed me by

This might help, Gollum is a hideous character in The Hobbit:-

gollum1.jpg Gollum2.jpg

he sells a lot

rest assured if he was a mid ranked seller they would have long got rid of him by now

he sells a lot

rest assured if he was a mid ranked seller they would have long got rid of him by now

Its not what he sells its how he sells it. On a sticky wicket in the present 'name 'em & shame 'em culture. I doubt situps excuse that he shifts a lot a tat would do him or them a power of good in court.

i didnt say i agree with this sales technique

infact i have not watched him for a while as he is horrible to watch

however i would personally be careful linking him to the current culture on a public forum

Don't know if he did this on purpose but it was bad. Selling the bras. Talking about the quantity left which was 169 then said 168 then said for so odd reason £1.68 £1.68 (the price was £4.99)

Even if it was a genuine error the director should have corrected him and made him say.

PJ

Don't know if he did this on purpose but it was bad. Selling the bras. Talking about the quantity left which was 169 then said 168 then said for so odd reason £1.68 £1.68 (the price was £4.99)

Even if it was a genuine error the director should have corrected him and made him say.

PJ

Yes I noticed that he gave the price of the individual bras (I think they worked out at £1.66 each or something) which was quite misleading when the pack was £4.99.
And also he hardly mentioned the P&P and phone call charges (if he mentioned them at all)
Pervy Pete continues to mislead viewers and get away with it

Aren't dirty Peter's products naff tonight ? Nothing but fashion and fragences, is there anything else dirty Peter can sell ?
And not jewellery either.He cannot sell anything else, time to axe dirty Peter bidtv.

On the one hand, it can't be easy to talk incessantly for x number of hours about, for example, a rotating duster or elastic knickers; but on the other hand he does seem to be on a different planet. He comes out with absolute whoppers and no one corrects him. He gives the impression that he is the star presenter and can get away with blue murder. The 'R Vera.. ' routine is wearing thin now. He is my age and yet acts much older. Sadly, his target audience no longer exists. He and I are now pensioners ourselves and the pensioners he is targeting no longer exists.... the grey haired granny knitting in front of the telly has changed. Yes we still knit (socks and aran for me) but we also dance, paint, go to keep fit, go on elephant safari holidays as well as cruises and wouldn't be seen dead in some, if not most, of the 'Eeee int this lovely, just right for the cruises ladies' clothes he extols.

I actually had a stiff drink so I could watch him sell a bag!

There it was, held high, under a spotlight. It was a cream colour with snake print detail.

I hung on his every opening word.........and then it came.........I knew it would

"this is leather errrrr ette"

:mysmilie_455:

I actually had a stiff drink so I could watch him sell a bag!

There it was, held high, under a spotlight. It was a cream colour with snake print detail.

I hung on his every opening word.........and then it came.........I knew it would

"this is leather errrrr ette"

:mysmilie_455:

Sally Jacks made me laugh yesterday. She was selling a pair of 'Freestep' Leather Shoes and boy did she make a song and dance about the fact they were leather. She said 'I always look for Leather in my shoes'.

Really Sally? You don't seem so fussy when you are selling the (probably) other 90% of shoes that Bid stock that aren't leather :confused2:

On the one hand, it can't be easy to talk incessantly for x number of hours about, for example, a rotating duster or elastic knickers; but on the other hand he does seem to be on a different planet. He comes out with absolute whoppers and no one corrects him. He gives the impression that he is the star presenter and can get away with blue murder. The 'R Vera.. ' routine is wearing thin now. He is my age and yet acts much older. Sadly, his target audience no longer exists. He and I are now pensioners ourselves and the pensioners he is targeting no longer exists.... the grey haired granny knitting in front of the telly has changed. Yes we still knit (socks and aran for me) but we also dance, paint, go to keep fit, go on elephant safari holidays as well as cruises and wouldn't be seen dead in some, if not most, of the 'Eeee int this lovely, just right for the cruises ladies' clothes he extols.

You raise a great point. He acts SO much older than his years - it's like he thinks he's selling to purple rinse nannies - unaware that they haven't existed for about 15 years!

Latest posts

Back