Jeez usss!!!!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

merryone

Registered Shopper
I've just bought the deal of the day...Love those comfort bras I do, so I bought them. Bit annoying that I had to phone up 'cause deal of the day's not available online, but the whole package was under £15 with all the extras, which is pretty good as long as the product doesn't turn out to be terrible quality! Anyway, for some reason I seem to have lost the option of no call back, so when I placed the order I was told I would be contacted shortly. I was contacted just now....and OMG!!!! The lady I spoke to could hardly speak a word of English!!! Well if she could, she was doing a darn fine job of hiding it! Eventually I was able to establish that she was asking for the last four digits of my payment card, and much to my regret I told her I wished to use a different card to the one I normally use..what I palaver! I think I must have had to repeat the long number about four times 'cause she kept getting it wrong, then she asked for the three digits on the back at least three times! Then she preceded to tell me about a "beautiful" offer she had no postage and packaging....its a .....something (It sounded like Valerie) cleaner...a what cleaner? I asked remembering that she'd phoned me..she repeated it and it still sounded like Valerie....perhaps it was lavatory? Who knows! Anyway I just "No thanks" She continued..."We have another beautiful offer, and it has no postage and packaging and it will save you a total of £7.99....it's an oven cleaner! Look love I don't want a beautiful Valerie cleaner, or an oven cleaner...Can I go now please?, I asked. I need to process your order first....You haven't done that yet?!!!!! No, it won't take a moment...is there anything else I can help you with, any offers you'd like to hear...NO......I JUST WANT TO GO. Thank you madam, your order has gone through....thank you for shopping with bid tv...is there anyth......NO!!!!!!!!!

FGS....never again...but hey at least I hadn't phoned them!!!!!!!

I've just bought the deal of the day...Love those comfort bras I do, so I bought them. Bit annoying that I had to phone up 'cause deal of the day's not available online, but the whole package was under £15 with all the extras, which is pretty good as long as the product doesn't turn out to be terrible quality! Anyway, for some reason I seem to have lost the option of no call back, so when I placed the order I was told I would be contacted shortly. I was contacted just now....and OMG!!!! The lady I spoke to could hardly speak a word of English!!! Well if she could, she was doing a darn fine job of hiding it! Eventually I was able to establish that she was asking for the last four digits of my payment card, and much to my regret I told her I wished to use a different card to the one I normally use..what I palaver! I think I must have had to repeat the long number about four times 'cause she kept getting it wrong, then she asked for the three digits on the back at least three times! Then she preceded to tell me about a "beautiful" offer she had no postage and packaging....its a .....something (It sounded like Valerie) cleaner...a what cleaner? I asked remembering that she'd phoned me..she repeated it and it still sounded like Valerie....perhaps it was lavatory? Who knows! Anyway I just "No thanks" She continued..."We have another beautiful offer, and it has no postage and packaging and it will save you a total of £7.99....it's an oven cleaner! Look love I don't want a beautiful Valerie cleaner, or an oven cleaner...Can I go now please?, I asked. I need to process your order first....You haven't done that yet?!!!!! No, it won't take a moment...is there anything else I can help you with, any offers you'd like to hear...NO......I JUST WANT TO GO. Thank you madam, your order has gone through....thank you for shopping with bid tv...is there anyth......NO!!!!!!!!!

hope you did not give them your email :)

having said that i have now had a further £5 of free credit through the post for whatever reason

hope you did not give them your email :)

having said that i have now had a further £5 of free credit through the post for whatever reason

They send me £5 vouchers via mail too. The problem is the vouchers can't be used online (that I can see) so by the time you deduct the phone call cost the voucher is worth £3.47... and as Merryone said the call centre operatives are getting really bad & pushy... so I'd rather pay the extra £3.47 and just not have to speak to them & just buy the item from their website... or even better google the item & find it cheaper elsewhere (If I can).

You mean it wasn't the competent looking lady with the concerned helpful expression and headset who appears in their adverts?

Perhaps it was her day off-or is she really just a model? (natch!)

You mean it wasn't the competent looking lady with the concerned helpful expression and headset who appears in their adverts?

Perhaps it was her day off-or is she really just a model? (natch!)

LOL! I've seen her and thought yeah right, I wish! Wouldn't it be nice to be able to call and speak to someone who speaks your language fluently and actually understands what you're trying to say to them? I try to avoid ringing at all costs 'cause I know it's going to be a frustrating experience. I'm sorry if this sounds disrespectful as these poor buggers are probably paid next to nothing for the work they do - and one can well imagine that a job in sit up tv's customer service department is no picnic! And after all it's not their fault....it's the cheapskate company they work for!

It's interesting the (not) Deal of The Day is never available online meaning you have to call up. Even more interesting is NONE of the products on sale in Dirty Peter's Monday afternoon show have been available online for a few weeks either.

Very odd.

There was a free booklet on vegetable gardening advertised on TV (not shopping channels) a few weeks ago, so I rang the number and eventually got a young man on the phone. I gave my address and then he went into a spiel about their other offers. I stopped him, because I wasn't interested. He then replied. 'I'm sorry but I have to say all this to you because I'm not allowed to send the booklet without doing this' I hung up in his ear, but still got the booklet. At least we don't get that from situps... or do we? I haven't ordered anything for a long time

You can sometimes get the DOTD days after when it's finished it's DOTDing. It can be cheaper sometimes too.

I've learnt with this channel that it's more like 'deal or no deal'

I also thought the same about the CS ad, she looks like cabin crew.

Latest posts

Back