Gardening

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Thunderstorm

Registered Shopper
Bid have yet another gardening special and selling the same old stuff they have since March.
They are currently selling the busy lizzie plugs.
Now I work on a nursery and I have to say whoever buys them now are wasting their time, it is far too late to plant up tiny plugs - by the time you get them delivered from Bid in about 10 - 14 days time it will be another 4-8 weeks before you see any results so it is the end of July/early August.
You can see they are very desperate to sell the plugs, they are very tall and will not perform well if you buy them.

Just do not buy plugs from them now, it is far too late.
you have been warned.

Bid have yet another gardening special and selling the same old stuff they have since March.
They are currently selling the busy lizzie plugs.
Now I work on a nursery and I have to say whoever buys them now are wasting their time, it is far too late to plant up tiny plugs - by the time you get them delivered from Bid in about 10 - 14 days time it will be another 4-8 weeks before you see any results so it is the end of July/early August.
You can see they are very desperate to sell the plugs, they are very tall and will not perform well if you buy them.

Just do not buy plugs from them now, it is far too late.
you have been warned.

Dear Thunderstorm,

You must be mistaken because Bid.tv's nursery plants are hardy and the strongest plants ever made! They'll withstand gales upto 500mph and any storm in a tea cup you can throw at them :smirk::giggle::song:

As far as i am aware NO responsible nursery is selling busy lizzies because they are virus sick and have been for two or more seasons now.

As far as i am aware NO responsible nursery is selling busy lizzies because they are virus sick and have been for two or more seasons now.

Thanks for the tip mossie. The big country-wide garden centre in our city is still selling them, and all the little ones. Glad I steered clear this year

Thanks for the tip mossie. The big country-wide garden centre in our city is still selling them, and all the little ones. Glad I steered clear this year

mossie is correct

but not all varieties are sick

peter said today the ones bid sell are fine as i would expect are ones if they are at your garden centre

would not be worth there hassle to sell them "as sick"

Personally i would not buy the bedding busy lizzies the big garden centers near me are not selling them and as far as i am concerned they have not been given the all clear the new guinea variety's are fine however.

Personally i would not buy the bedding busy lizzies the big garden centers near me are not selling them and as far as i am concerned they have not been given the all clear the new guinea variety's are fine however.

those were the variety bid were selling

Latest posts

Back