Sally Jacks Fashion

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Surprised this hasn't been the topic of conversation so far... have none of you been tempted by Sal's personally designed collection?

I think they've got a cheek charging £40 for a top that no doubt has come out of the same foreign factory as Tommy & Kate.

I wonder how many people will be miffed by her own admission that she doesn't own any of the pieces herself.

:muscle:

Talking of fashion.fashion is on both channels bidtv and price drop tv wtf ?
What the hell is going on with this.Over kill with fashion I'm afraid.And probably over
Ordered on stock.Lisa brash is trashy too.No more fashion nonsense.Primarks have better
Gear than this mob.

Surprised this hasn't been the topic of conversation so far... have none of you been tempted by Sal's personally designed collection?

I think they've got a cheek charging £40 for a top that no doubt has come out of the same foreign factory as Tommy & Kate.

I wonder how many people will be miffed by her own admission that she doesn't own any of the pieces herself.

:muscle:

spot on see the thread i replied to a bit further down

saw some more tonight

saw more tops that looked like mondi stuff with sallys name on going for on average about 35.99 (so nearly 45 all in)

they all sold well again

cant help thinking even more if it was somebody less popular than sally there would be a lot more outrage over this

saw some more tonight

saw more tops that looked like mondi stuff with sallys name on going for on average about 35.99 (so nearly 45 all in)

they all sold well again

cant help thinking even more if it was somebody less popular than sally there would be a lot more outrage over this

maybe we all expected it to be a blatant rip off
a 'designer' is hardly likely to launch their collection on Bid methinks!
and yes, I can just imagine the Bod Collection or Mason's Designs or perhaps Pervy Fashion!!

saw some more tonight

they all sold well again

As far as i'm aware only one other presenter has done an 'own brand' product and that was Peter Sherlock who is probably quite popular.

I think it's fair to say the overall reaction on here was far from enthusiastic, certainly regarding the price anyway. I agree Sally's clothing does appear expensive, then again I can just see ladies who lunch buying it so they can boast they are wearing 'Sally Jacks' :wink:

Does anyone else think it's a coincidence the clothing line premiered just after she appeared on 'Come Dine With Me'?

http://forum.shoppingtelly.com/forum/archive/index.php/t-38474.html

Last edited:
When I first went to school (a long time ago) my mum sewed a name label into my top/shorts.

I wonder if they've done the same here and pulled out the Tommy/Kate or Elegance logo's :giggle::wave:

When I first went to school (a long time ago) my mum sewed a name label into my top/shorts.

I wonder if they've done the same here and pulled out the Tommy/Kate or Elegance logo's :giggle::wave:

Paul, Sally's clothes also feature a little metallic disc with a 'S' and a kiss!

Now that's branding, gotta be worth another tenner :giggle:

Me too Paul (1950's for me:sad:) My mum also put a string through my school gaberdine mac with my mittens on the end. Later I did it for my own family

I've not seen any of Sally's stuff so I can't comment yet, I'm sure the time will come though. While I'm here though, I'd like to talk about the word "Passion". It's a strong word and it's often used especially on the shopping channels... Michele Hope, Peter Sherlock, and now "Our Salleh" I'm really passionate about fashion, perfume etc etc - but do you think they really are? As much as I can't stand her, I tend to believe "The Hopester" as fashion is actually her living, and I do believe that she is geniunely always looking for ideas and inspirations - such a shame she seems to have found it on the pavements outside the night clubs on a Friday and Saturday night though! I know Peter's worked in the perfume industry I don't know if Sally has any professional links with fashion - but is it really their "passion"? Is it not all about the money, money, money? Peter maybe not so much, but Sally has she not just jumped on the bandwagon, 'cause she models clothes well, makes the sit up stuff look half decent...pretty much none of the others can! Thinking it might be an idea from "upstairs" that suggested - People like Sally, if she can design something, the viewers will die to have something from her collection, and what's more it can be pretty much the same as the tat we're already peddling and we can charge even more for it...."Ker flamin' ching!". They keep on telling us that Kiri Bloore is a "fashionista" and has connections in the industry - a collection from her would have a lot more integrity - Then it's all about the money money money isn't it - The "passion's" stuck on afterwards! ...and if Tommy and Kate do have a (virtual) hand in this it'll probably fall off within a very short time!

I watched last night show instead (forgot that Eurovision was on last night) I like her clothes but as said before I personally think they are over priced (and thats without adding on the P&P). I know she said that the quality of her clothes are excellent but I think I would rather just pop into Marks and Spencers/Next/Zara and pay the same price for a top etc.

Maybe if they did an offer with free P&P then I would be tempted to order.

I think you are spot on Merryone when it comes to Sally being an audience favourite (I like her presenting even though I have to put the tv on mute when she gets over excited about products flying out the door lol). I also agree that "upstairs" have noted that what she wears on set during fashion hour sells better than say what the models are wearing. I also like Peter Sherlock when it comes to perfume and I won't be surprised if he brings out a mens and ladies fragrance that is only available on Bid.

I think you are spot on Merryone when it comes to Sally being an audience favourite (I like her presenting even though I have to put the tv on mute when she gets over excited about products flying out the door lol). I also agree that "upstairs" have noted that what she wears on set during fashion hour sells better than say what the models are wearing. I also like Peter Sherlock when it comes to perfume and I won't be surprised if he brings out a mens and ladies fragrance that is only available on Bid.

He did, it was a ladies one. I wouldn't have minded trying it because it actually sounded lovely and the sort of perfume I usually wear. Would have been better if somehow viewers could have requested some kind of tester, and piece of card sprayed would have done cause it wasn't cheap it went for about £37 if I remember, and that's before all the added extras! The bottle it was in was worth a lot of the money, it was stunnning and had one of those old fashioned fabric spray pumps. It sold out very quickly and hasn't returned, I don't know if it's going to. However, I do believe Peter does have a degree of passion for perfume, and one of the reasons, as sexist as it sounds and I apologise is that Men aren't that renowned for worrying about women's fragrance, yes, they want themselves to smell nice, and I guess they like their partner (whatever sex to smell nice) but to want to design something that primarily is not aimed at yourself must require a degree of passion. I guess it's like me wanting to design something that's worn by men like an athletic support or a cricket "box" would it not show I have a modicum of interest in safety...a passion even? Okay, so I just want to save the world's willies! Sally though, sorry love, I do like you, but your passion for me anyway comes across as no more than the common phenomena that believes all girlies are into clothes, shoes and handbags!

Latest posts

Back