Peter Simon - Will he continue to present?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Wirral70

Registered Shopper
I wonder if Peter Simon will be doing his normal programmes going forward? I think it's fair to say that Peter seems to struggle with his pitches and regularly makes 'mistakes' (i'm trying to be fair to the man, he has enough problems right now).

I for one will be watching him with great interest. I'd kind of given up on him recently but I feel we should all tune in to give him, and Sit-Up, the support and guidance they so desperately need.

Given the circumstances it's the least we can do.

Have you noticed his intro used to always include the phrases "award winning" and the "nation's favourite". Now it's just straight "Live from London" and Peter Simon. I just don't think Peter Simon can change his ways - he's just too long in the tooth - I would imagine he attracts the majority of ASA complaints but Sit Up don't want to ditch him because he is probably is the highest selling. Now that Ofcom are involved they may have to.

Have you noticed his intro used to always include the phrases "award winning" and the "nation's favourite". Now it's just straight "Live from London" and Peter Simon. I just don't think Peter Simon can change his ways - he's just too long in the tooth - I would imagine he attracts the majority of ASA complaints but Sit Up don't want to ditch him because he is probably is the highest selling. Now that Ofcom are involved they may have to.

I have to agree, it's unlikely Peter Simon has the ability to meet the standards that will now be demanded of all Sit-Up presenters. Let's be honest, there is nothing like him in Shopping TV and I don't mean that as a compliment. I think it's probably time for Peter and a few others to leave before they are pushed.

In fairness to him he has provided much fun over the years but i'm afraid the joke has long since worn thin. I'd forgive him for the tall tales but his level of compliance is an abomination, he really shouldn't be involved in anything that is as heavily regulated as advertising and broadcasting. If Sit-Up don't realise that there really is no hope for them. That is just my opinion though.

I have only ever made six or seven complaints to the ASA about any company. Just the other day there was at least one and maybe two I could have made in one of his shows and i'm confident at least one of them would definitely be upheld (yet again he exaggerated the heritage of Oskar Emil, among his utter BS he said they have been around since 1973 and they haven't). Oddly enough a complaint was upheld this week for that exact same reason.

Last edited:
This is unemployed :giggle:

Well, i suppose he could always set himself up as a (bogus) healer with those old angel things. Or, set himself up at the end of a pier somewhere crystal ball, gypsy scarf etc a la Gypsy Rose and tell fortunes? He's well used to making up rubbish on the spur of the moment.
If they keep him on, it will only be a matter of time until they are forced to fold

Well, i suppose he could always set himself up as a (bogus) healer with those old angel things. Or, set himself up at the end of a pier somewhere crystal ball, gypsy scarf etc a la Gypsy Rose and tell fortunes? He's well used to making up rubbish on the spur of the moment.
If they keep him on, it will only be a matter of time until they are forced to fold

I honestly think Peter's behaviour is a lesson for us all that sometimes you can stay somewhere for too long and subsequently become a bit complacent. And dare I say it, arrogant.

But ultimately I blame the bosses for letting him carry on the way he does, and for so long, no doubt because he sells a lot. I genuinely wish the guy well but surely now he has to go?

If he is on tonight, and performing as usual, I think it's pretty clear this company is a basket case.

I honestly think Peter's behaviour is a lesson for us all that sometimes you can stay somewhere for too long and subsequently become a bit complacent. And dare I say it, arrogant.

But ultimately I blame the bosses for letting him carry on the way he does, and for so long, no doubt because he sells a lot. I genuinely wish the guy well but surely now he has to go?

If he is on tonight, and performing as usual, I think it's pretty clear this company is a basket case.

i would say if he is still here this time next week then i will agree with you wirral

considering all the presenters arrive at least 5 hours before the show to prep and learn the items they have i would like to think the atmosphere would be a big factor in him needing to be removed asap

i would say if he is still here this time next week then i will agree with you wirral

considering all the presenters arrive at least 5 hours before the show to prep and learn the items they have i would like to think the atmosphere would be a big factor in him needing to be removed asap

To be completely fair we don't actually know which presenter has generated the most complaints. But if I had to put my money on someone............................

the worse case scenario is that somehow peter simon gets way with as he has not has many complaints upheld

the fact he is on generally late at night worries me a bit in that he may not have as many complaints logged

just imagine how smug he will be if somehow he squirms out of this

the worse case scenario is that somehow peter simon gets way with as he has not has many complaints upheld

the fact he is on generally late at night worries me a bit in that he may not have as many complaints logged

just imagine how smug he will be if somehow he squirms out of this

He is top dog at Sit Up too, it's the only explanation for his antics being tolerated (or maybe encouraged?) for so long.

I'm pretty sure he must be the most complained about presenter, surely he has to be?

possibly most complained about but i just hope that stands up with upheld numbers it might not by luck or for whatever else

for example one of the uphelds was against charlie Charleston with blue magic

on a scale of 1-10 he is a 1 were peter simon is a 10 on the mis-selling stakes

possibly most complained about but i just hope that stands up with upheld numbers it might not by luck or for whatever else

for example one of the uphelds was against charlie Charleston with blue magic

on a scale of 1-10 he is a 1 were peter simon is a 10 on the mis-selling stakes

I assume Peter Simon is definitely on later, Mason said he was in the studio.

I'm surprised Charlie Charleston has been complained about, the only people I have contacted the ASA about is Chris Birkett, James Russell. Guy Kean and Steve McDonald. However, I only ever complain when they say something totally outrageous. To be honest I could have contacted them dozens of times and they would probably be upheld.

I know of no other channels like them.

yes the upheld complaint on charlie was because he said you "could" use blue magic without gloves (and he actually later on same broadcast said its the users choice)

probably the least naughty thing ever

yes the upheld complaint on charlie was because he said you "could" use blue magic without gloves (and he actually later on same broadcast said its the users choice)

probably the least naughty thing ever

I guess it's up to the individual to decide what warrants a complaint. Personally I only get outraged if I think the presenter is deliberately trying to exaggerate the value of an item, or completely misrepresents the features or material of an item.

Strangely one complaint I made had absolutely nothing to do with a product on sale but that's all I can say for now!

Peter will definitely struggle more than most - it would be interesting to see how he copes tonight...

(This is the man who after all claims to have met the 'award winning' Tommy & Kate, and that they are in all the designer shops in New York and 'in all the magazines'...)

Peter will definitely struggle more than most - it would be interesting to see how he copes tonight...

(This is the man who after all claims to have met the 'award winning' Tommy & Kate, and that they are in all the designer shops in New York and 'in all the magazines'...)

Don't you remember what he used to say about Laurelle? The image he painted wasn't quite the scruffy looking Industrial Estate in Essex that we uncovered, he has told some incredibly tall tales.

I remember a few weeks back he claimed Blue Magic was the only thing that would get rid of a mark on his bath. Then just a few days later it was a hand held steam cleaner that did the job :grin:

What a plonker.

Great he has not even started his shift proper and he has started his smut and filth .... Least James Russell never is rude or treats the fairer sex like Simon or Mason.

Latest posts

Back