Tanzanite

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

deedee

Mike Monroe/Marilyn Mason
I don't know much about jewellery tbh so I might end up sounding really stupid here but here goes!
The last tanzanite and silver necklace that Peter sold tonight said it was 0.23ct on the screen graphics then they showed the certificate of authenticity which described the product and said it was 0.09ct.
Like I said, I don't know much about gems but that seems like quite a discrepancy to me.
Is anyone more expert than me or is this Bid misleading viewers again?

P.S. Forgive me if I sound really stupid!!

Well spotted, deedee. I'd like that explained too. I did see the "certificate of auth-en-stice-en-tee" but didn't notice the detail.

Well, again this could be another case of mis-selling. Imagine buying this piece of jewellery expecting to get .23ct and then only getting 0.09. :headbang:

I don't know much about jewellery tbh so I might end up sounding really stupid here but here goes!
The last tanzanite and silver necklace that Peter sold tonight said it was 0.23ct on the screen graphics then they showed the certificate of authenticity which described the product and said it was 0.09ct.
Like I said, I don't know much about gems but that seems like quite a discrepancy to me.
Is anyone more expert than me or is this Bid misleading viewers again?

P.S. Forgive me if I sound really stupid!!

I recorded the whole of this programme deedee and have just looked at the sale in question.

I can 100% confirm that according to the on screen caption Peter Simon did sell a 0.23ct AA Tanzanite Sterling Silver Heart Pendant. In his pitch he said, direct quote:- 'it is a Millefiori, it is a detailed piece, it has got one singular solitaire stone, it's nearly a quarter of a carat, it's not only a AA it's perfect for every day'.

Peter then went on to mention the item comes with an certificate of authenticity which stated the following:-

Sterling Silver 0.09Cts AA genuine Tanzanite Heart Pendant
Item Number BA0013311
Gemstone - Tanzanite
Gem Wt - 0.09 Cts
Quality - AA
Origin - Tanzania

Make of that what you will.

Last edited:
And by the way, he sold 198.

In fact he sold the lot, boy that's a lot of people.

Last edited:
I just don't get how they can make an error like that, Lets imagine there are 10 people running the show how did nobody spot it, How did the presenter not spot it?, How did the assistant not spot it?, How did the camera people not spot it? let alone the gallery who should have seen it a lot longer than the rest of us did.

I just don't get how they can make an error like that, Lets imagine there are 10 people running the show how did nobody spot it, How did the presenter not spot it?, How did the assistant not spot it?, How did the camera people not spot it? let alone the gallery who should have seen it a lot longer than the rest of us did.

One word sums it all up: incompetence :confused:

Was this the item? http://www.bid.tv/PreviousAuctionProductPage.aspx?Cat=7&SubCat=26&Offer=5356146

Key features
This wonderful heart pendant is perfect for everyday wear. Featuring a delicate design with a round tanzanite stone claw set within in.

Sterling Silver
1 x round AA tanzanite (0.23ct)

Presented in a gift box with gem certificate

Measurement
46cm (18")

Good to know
Tanzanite is the birthstone of December
Features a curb chain

Metal type : Sterling silver
Gem type : Tanzanite
Stone ct weight : 0.23ct
Stone details (cut & size) : 1 x round AA tanzanite
Setting style : Claw
Product type : Pendant
Birthstone : Tanzanite = December
Metal weight (g) : 0.7g
Measurements : 46cm (18")
Presentation box : Gift Box B
Gemstone origin : Tanzania

It seems an odd product to have a certificate for when they only sold it for £6.99

Last edited:
Was this the item? http://www.bid.tv/PreviousAuctionProductPage.aspx?Cat=7&SubCat=26&Offer=5356146

Key features
This wonderful heart pendant is perfect for everyday wear. Featuring a delicate design with a round tanzanite stone claw set within in.

Sterling Silver
1 x round AA tanzanite (0.23ct)

Presented in a gift box with gem certificate

Measurement
46cm (18")

Good to know
Tanzanite is the birthstone of December
Features a curb chain

Metal type : Sterling silver
Gem type : Tanzanite
Stone ct weight : 0.23ct
Stone details (cut & size) : 1 x round AA tanzanite
Setting style : Claw
Product type : Pendant
Birthstone : Tanzanite = December
Metal weight (g) : 0.7g
Measurements : 46cm (18")
Presentation box : Gift Box B
Gemstone origin : Tanzania

It looks like it but the Certificate of Authenticity they kept showing on screen clearly stated 0.09cts.

Unusually all the Tanzanite products came with certificates last night, however all the other certificates exactly matched what was on screen, and what was said by Peter.

Very odd.

Last edited:
It looks like it but the Certificate of Authenticity they kept showing on screen clearly stated 0.09cts.

Unusually all the Tanzanite products came with certificates last night, however all the other certificates exactly matched what was on screen, and what was said by Peter.

Very odd.

Oh right I recorded it but I haven't watched it yet

The certificates of authenticity look like they were done on Microsoft Publisher.

As Mega said why would you even need a cert for a £7 necklace anyway?

They are complicating things for themselves when they don't even need to.

Peter seemed more on the ball last night. I noticed a few errors (for example he was a selling a sterling silver pendant with 4 black and 5 white diamonds and at one point when the quantity got to 50 he said it had 5 black and 4 white diamonds) but nothing major.

Very good.

Peter just made me giggle, he claims 'Ayamik' is an 'iconic fragrance'.

It might well be a nice fragrance but iconic? Nah :giggle:

Peter just made me giggle, he claims 'Ayamik' is an 'iconic fragrance'.

It might well be a nice fragrance but iconic? Nah :giggle:

Yeah, I noticed that, bless him, he just can't help himself from overembelishing everything can he?!
But, he's doing quite well so far tonight so maybe he's trying to change. From what I saw last night he didn't do too badly either.
Peter Simon, you've started to make improvements over the last couple of evenings so keep it up, change can happen.

Latest posts

Back