No publicity is bad publicity

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Hillary

Registered Shopper
I wouldn't mind betting that after being all over the papers and on the radio, people are tuning in to the situps to see what all the fuss is about. Now, if the production team play their cards right, send the dross on gardening leave and use their best presenters they could make a few bob out of this.

Problem is, some people might think that they've now cleaned up their act due to all the bad publicity, and although they're perhaps a bit better than they used to be, last night's tanzanite discrepancy is a blatant example of misselling and shows that the channels still have an awful lot to learn.

And it's now arguably much too late to redeem themselves, considering how many "second chances" they have already been given to put their house in order.

In my opinion I suspect the vast majority of viewers will have no idea about this weeks events.

However, without wishing to second guess what action OFCOM might take against Sit-Up (if any) it's worth remembering that Auction-World.tv were ordered to make a series of on air apologies to viewers about their practices, which had a devastating affect on them.

I am not suggesting Sit-Up's situation is in anyway similar to Auction-World.tv's though, other than they have been referred to the broadcast regulator.

Latest posts

Back