cullinan white topaz

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Too Good To Be True?

I have to say that I agree with that comment above.

I mean, there is not actually such a thing as Cullinan Topaz. This is just a name that has been given to white topaz by Steve at Gems. I remember some years ago, in the days when Steve was partners with Don Kogen on GemsTv, they were flogging some clear white topaz which they called Glacier topaz. That was supposed to be the bees knees, the best that had ever been seen,never to be exceeded for quality and clarity and so on - you get the idea!

Inge

Don't know about this Cullinan topaz as white topaz has always seemed rather flat to me however bought a Bali Golconda topaz ring from TJC for 19.99 and was blown away with the clarity and sparkle,so give it a whirl for the price you can't go far wrong and if you're disappointed you can always send it back.

Don't know about this Cullinan topaz as white topaz has always seemed rather flat to me however bought a Bali Golconda topaz ring from TJC for 19.99 and was blown away with the clarity and sparkle,so give it a whirl for the price you can't go far wrong and if you're disappointed you can always send it back.

Being the cynic that I am I brought a piece (a ring) to see whether it was any good - actually was very impressed and it was suitably sparkly and has some colour play.

Though having said that I wish that a couple of Gems presenters would stop saying their resident gemologist would struggle to differentiate Cullinan Topaz from a diamond. The inference from that statement in regards of "their resident gemologist" (Steve Bennett's son) is really not good ...........

Latest posts

Back