Security stamp things...I bought some, and guess what?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

merryone

Registered Shopper
THEY DON'T WORK!!!!! No, I didn't get sent any without ink or with a broken mechanism...they actually don't work as in they don't cover the print you want to cover up, not at all, not even slightly. Basically you stamp over the writing you want to block out and you can still see it as clear as day, even after going over it four times in the same place! I finally got my number covered after seven presses, but when you tilted the paper towards the light you could still make it out, and it wasn't difficult either. I am actually cross about this - It's all very well telling the viewer a dress or bag is good quality, when it ain't, that's bad enough, but when a product doesn't actually do the only job it's supposed to do, then they shouldn't ****** sell it! Surely the presenters must have noticed and said something to someone...like actually this product doesn't actually work! I said I'd buy one of these cause my shredder's a right pain in the butt to use, and whilst I did toy with the idea of just scribbling out the info with a thick marker pen, (which would at least be effective!) I thought this would be a quick and easy way of doing things. Again sadly it's the cheap product scenario with high added extras and not worthwhile returning. If I could email it would be something..I think i'm going to ring them and express my disgust over this and I'll use the "ditch the 0870 website" to perhaps get the call cheaper. I'm really angry cause this is about security, and maybe an older person wouldn't actually be able to see that this doesn't actually work...I'm disgusted!

Shittist product on a telly shopping channel. Bid should hang it's head in shame! :headbang:

THEY DON'T WORK!!!!! No, I didn't get sent any without ink or with a broken mechanism...they actually don't work as in they don't cover the print you want to cover up, not at all, not even slightly. Basically you stamp over the writing you want to block out and you can still see it as clear as day, even after going over it four times in the same place! I finally got my number covered after seven presses, but when you tilted the paper towards the light you could still make it out, and it wasn't difficult either. I am actually cross about this - It's all very well telling the viewer a dress or bag is good quality, when it ain't, that's bad enough, but when a product doesn't actually do the only job it's supposed to do, then they shouldn't ****** sell it! Surely the presenters must have noticed and said something to someone...like actually this product doesn't actually work! I said I'd buy one of these cause my shredder's a right pain in the butt to use, and whilst I did toy with the idea of just scribbling out the info with a thick marker pen, (which would at least be effective!) I thought this would be a quick and easy way of doing things. Again sadly it's the cheap product scenario with high added extras and not worthwhile returning. If I could email it would be something..I think i'm going to ring them and express my disgust over this and I'll use the "ditch the 0870 website" to perhaps get the call cheaper. I'm really angry cause this is about security, and maybe an older person wouldn't actually be able to see that this doesn't actually work...I'm disgusted!

Oh dear merry, I can see why you're so angry. It's reasonable to expect the product to do what it's designed to do otherwise it's not for for purpose IMO.
I've watched the demo for this on several occasions and actually thought it seems like a good idea and a safe alternative to shredding.
The presenters make it look like it's effective and does the job, I even remember once the presenter held the pretend bank statement up to the light and it didn't look as though you could see through it to decipher the data underneath. Hmmm, more misrepresentation of products?
I don't blame you for being moved to complain but this is SitUp we're talking about...........do you think they'll acknowledge and act on it to make things better?
At least it'll give you an outlet to vent your frustration and anger!

I did once notice that in a particular short video clip they have used to sell this product, the underlying text was still visible right at the end after it had been stamped, but the clip abruptly stops at that point so it's perfectly possible to miss this, erm, rather significant detail.

Anyway, you really ought to complain to the ASA about these stamps, especially as you have actually bought them.

I am so sorry to hear you have had such a bad experience. Why not write to bid saying you want a full refund including p&p and call or you will go to the ASA. *hug*

PJ

I did once notice that in a particular short video clip they have used to sell this product, the underlying text was still visible right at the end after it had been stamped, but the clip abruptly stops at that point so it's perfectly possible to miss this, erm, rather significant detail.

Anyway, you really ought to complain to the ASA about these stamps, especially as you have actually bought them.

I'm tempted, but when I come to think of it, I don't believe I've ever actually seen one of the presenters "live demonstrating them". The buyers are probably the only ones who are fully aware of their uselessness, hence showing a dodgy v.t instead of a demo, and how easy would they be to demo? they clearly don't give a monkey's whether they work or not,and if the presenters are never seen using them, then they'll probably be able to talk their way round this. Wouldn't be suprised if they weren't found in a rubbish skip somewhere!

I am so sorry to hear you have had such a bad experience. Why not write to bid saying you want a full refund including p&p and call or you will go to the ASA. *hug*

PJ

I've got a feeling they ignore "snail mail" - things get lost in the post don't they?

Might be worth recorded delivery. Maybe it is just one broken one? Might be worth asking for another one? x

I don't think so, it works if that makes sense, in that it produces a gobbledegook pattern that you stamp over text you want to hide, only it doesn't hide the text, not one teeny little bit - I've been sold a pup as they say!

I don't think so, it works if that makes sense, in that it produces a gobbledegook pattern that you stamp over text you want to hide, only it doesn't hide the text, not one teeny little bit - I've been sold a pup as they say!

I would ask for a full refund then. I got this number 020 8600 9700 from say no to 0870. It does get through to bid but asks you for a name or extension when I called. It does suggest looking at sit-up web. Maybe pick the top dog see if you get through.

I knew this 'cos I could read the original text quite clearly when Mike demoed it the other night and held the document up to camera.
Needless to say both Mason and Russell claim to have bought it and use it at home-of course you do boys , you wouldn't say it if it wasn't true!

I knew this 'cos I could read the original text quite clearly when Mike demoed it the other night and held the document up to camera.
Needless to say both Mason and Russell claim to have bought it and use it at home-of course you do boys , you wouldn't say it if it wasn't true!

No they wouldn't Aqua and how dare you imply otherwise. Don't you know that ALL the salespeople are our best friends and use EVERYTHING sold on the channels be it snake oil or saucepans. Wooooops! that low flying pig nearly got me.:wink:

To be fair Mike probably does use it anything that mentions PJ. He probably got let's get ready to rhumble to number 1 to stamp out PJ a lot ;-)l

I've seen Mikeyboy demonstrate this and his look of complete confidence that no fraudster can get hold of his address. He even said he keeps it handy by the fish tank!

Mike, we know you read this forum, if the stamp is as good as you personally claim, Bring in a letter with your home address and telephone number, stamp it then show the camera. Put your money where your mouth is.

PJ

Mike, we know you read this forum, if the stamp is as good as you personally claim, Bring in a letter with your home address and telephone number, stamp it then show the camera. Put your money where your mouth is.

PJ

What a brilliant idea and it could have a knock on effect with other goods.

I don't expect to see the ID Stamps disappearing anytime soon. When you think that they sell them for over £10 all in can you imagine the mark up on them? Surely they can't cost much more than £2 to buy in then deliver to the customer.

I fancy it's one of their most profitable items.

It's strange...I've seen then demo'd before and was SURE you could still see the details under the ink - turns out I was right! Sorry to hear you've been stung Merryone.

I don't expect to see the ID Stamps disappearing anytime soon. When you think that they sell them for over £10 all in can you imagine the mark up on them? Surely they can't cost much more than £2 to buy in then deliver to the customer.

I fancy it's one of their most profitable items.

I bought mine last year & they are still going strong. I had to replace
the ink once but they work fine for me. I was really happy. Maybe you
got a dodgy one!

Latest posts

Back