Mike talking porkie pies again

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

PJ.

In an Ideal World ...
The only reason the clock comes out is because it is my producers way of telling me to move on it is not to pressure you. Rubbish. If that was the case what us your earpiece for? Can't that talk timings through that? It is to pressure sale.

PJ

Switched this fool off had enough of mike mason use to be good but not anymore I'm afraid dreadful person.
John scott far more entertaining than this mug: mike mason.Message to Bidtv please let go mike mason,
james whale is now available be much better than you mike mason.How sad that he reads this forum or
his representatives.

I've never believed this line of BS from Mason...many of the other presenters see the start of the countdown clock as an excuse to launch into hyperactive selling mode - Sally Jacks is a prime example of this.

I couldn't help notice that when he was selling the JPD last night they showed that 'Film' that they always used to for 'Pride of Rome'. However, Mason merely referred to it as a 'piece of VT'. Does anyone else remember when Mason used to say the 'Film' was an advert that was being broadcast on US TV, right across America? What a BS'er. It has all the production values of a North Korean propaganda video :grin:

Has anyone else noticed the new tactic is to remind us it's made in Dubai 'which is an expensive place'? Somehow I very much doubt it's being produced by a load of rich Sheiks. It seems the days of it being sold in Macy's and possibly Debenhams are nothing but a distant memory.

Grubby gits.

Last edited:
I was just looking back at some old posts from last November and here's something I noticed about a Mike Mason sale of JPD:-

Just put Bid on now and listen to Mike Mason. He is kindly explaining right now that JPD was a direct marketed product like Avon and it was such a massive success they decided to advertise all over US TV. Subsequently ALL the top stores stocked it and it flew off the shelves. As JPD had conquered America they decided not to bother selling it in any other countries because of the set up costs.

But then Bid TV approached them and asked to stock it, JPD said yes and well, the rest is history. As other posters noted Mike added that he was talking to Peter Sherlock and he has heard JPD are in talks in March with Debenhams. He added that if they get together, stressing that's not a fact yet, imagine how much it will cost?

It's funny how his patter has changed since then isn't it? It's around about the same time the ASA complaints started flying in.

http://forum.shoppingtelly.com/forum/archive/index.php/t-37968.html

They are all guilty of treating the customer as if they don't have 2 brain cells to make a synapse. Insultingly so so too.

I was just looking back at some old posts from last November and here's something I noticed about a Mike Mason sale of JPD:-

Just put Bid on now and listen to Mike Mason. He is kindly explaining right now that JPD was a direct marketed product like Avon and it was such a massive success they decided to advertise all over US TV. Subsequently ALL the top stores stocked it and it flew off the shelves. As JPD had conquered America they decided not to bother selling it in any other countries because of the set up costs.

But then Bid TV approached them and asked to stock it, JPD said yes and well, the rest is history. As other posters noted Mike added that he was talking to Peter Sherlock and he has heard JPD are in talks in March with Debenhams. He added that if they get together, stressing that's not a fact yet, imagine how much it will cost?

It's funny how his patter has changed since then isn't it? It's around about the same time the ASA complaints started flying in.

http://forum.shoppingtelly.com/forum/archive/index.php/t-37968.html

I couldn't help notice that when he was selling the JPD last night they showed that 'Film' that they always used to for 'Pride of Rome'. However, Mason merely referred to it as a 'piece of VT'. Does anyone else remember when Mason used to say the 'Film' was an advert that was being broadcast on US TV, right across America? What a BS'er. It has all the production values of a North Korean propaganda video :grin:

Has anyone else noticed the new tactic is to remind us it's made in Dubai 'which is an expensive place'? Somehow I very much doubt it's being produced by a load of rich Sheiks. It seems the days of it being sold in Macy's and possibly Debenhams are nothing but a distant memory.

Grubby gits.

Did Mike then add, now what do I mean by vt? Well you know you used to have tapes to record on things well we in bid TV towers use them too. Now what do I mean by towers? Well not a literal tower like I am sure you are thinking. Now what do I mean by literal ..... :p

Did Mike then add, now what do I mean by vt? Well you know you used to have tapes to record on things well we in bid TV towers use them too. Now what do I mean by towers? Well not a literal tower like I am sure you are thinking. Now what do I mean by literal ..... :p

I only caught a minute or so of his show, that was more than enough.

I'm allergic to him.

watched about an hour last night of mike

he is now so afraid of causing offence or getting anything wrong he is almost a parody

he was selling a 0.33 ct tanazanite piece

this is 0.33 carrot weight

this is 0.33 carrot weight

just to clarify this is a 0.33 carrot weight viewers

very painful to watch and he has completely lost his "style" (whether you liked it or not he was a good presenter)

PJ no offence but i think the time has come for you to avoid the telly when Mike is on, its verging on the obsessive your posts about him! I'm neither a fan of Mike nor a hater, but your hatred of him is verging on having a compulsive disorder! Sorry if that offends anyone its just my opinion.

PJ no offence but i think the time has come for you to avoid the telly when Mike is on, its verging on the obsessive your posts about him! I'm neither a fan of Mike nor a hater, but your hatred of him is verging on having a compulsive disorder! Sorry if that offends anyone its just my opinion.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, I don't just talk about him, I post about Peter Simon, Kiri, James and Farr. I won't stop until he stops lying so much. He does everything to intimidate me (mentioning me on TV, sending his colleagues and friends to be rude about me) which makes my more determined to either get him to change or off the air. Why? Because of venerable people who fall for his lies.

PJ

He's not even one of the biggest liars on the channel. I would say Peter Simon, Caroline Lyndsay, Mark Stewart etc are worse than him.

Phones locked ban it, stupid tactic and so boring just sell the damn product.
Stop yapping away and sell it.

Phones locked ban it, stupid tactic and so boring just sell the damn product.
Stop yapping away and sell it.

I noticed on PD the other night they were doing the locked phone malarkey... he then says about people buying them via the PD website (hence why the total was going down with a phone lock). It baffles me why they would encourage people to buy via the website as they lose out on the £1.53 people usually pay for the phone call.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, I don't just talk about him, I post about Peter Simon, Kiri, James and Farr. I won't stop until he stops lying so much. He does everything to intimidate me (mentioning me on TV, sending his colleagues and friends to be rude about me) which makes my more determined to either get him to change or off the air. Why? Because of venerable people who fall for his lies.

PJ
I say carry on PJ, i think this forum had done a sterling job by getting the presenters (or some of them) to cut down on all the bull
and the made up storys and made up history of products and companys.....
Dont let em get away with it i say

I say carry on PJ, i think this forum had done a sterling job by getting the presenters (or some of them) to cut down on all the bull

Thank you, I really appreciated that bud :)

PJ

Yes, me too. Some of the things said to, and about you,P.J. have been pure vitriol and all you've done is speak the truth.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back