"Cheap and cheerful"...we should have more honesty like this...

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Goodluckifyageddit

Registered Shopper
Never thought I'd hear a presenter use that particular phrase to describe an item on the Bid channels, but that is exactly what Andy said when selling the own-brand mini coffee-maker for £10.52 all in tonight. OK, not an earth-shattering product, and if you made the journey to your local Asda or Argos (if you live within distance of these stores) you could probably pick up something similar up for £5 or £6. But if I were living somewhere out of the way and it was delivered to my door I wouldn't feel fleeced over this item. Andy even went out of his way to say that the two cups you get with the item weren't mugs but about twice the size of a cup you'd get in a coffee shop. If only Bid's other presenters showed the same honesty when selling their perfume, watches, fashion, shoes etc... etc... (and Bid's management came clean and reduced the postage to a level appropriate to each item), they might gain some respect instead of being in the deep hole they find themselves in at present.

The coffee-makers flew out btw - I've seen many presenters in the past fail to shift them. Bid should learn a lesson from this.

Just to add...Andy, Charlie and Angela were great fun tonight (poor Charlie came on in a new "lumberjack" shirt and Andy suggested his favourite movie was Brokeback Mountain !).

Last edited:
Never thought I'd hear a presenter use that particular phrase to describe an item on the Bid channels, but that is exactly what Andy said when selling the own-brand mini coffee-maker for £10.52 all in tonight. OK, not an earth-shattering product, and if you made the journey to your local Asda or Argos (if you live within distance of these stores) you could probably pick up something similar up for £5 or £6. But if I were living somewhere out of the way and it was delivered to my door I wouldn't feel fleeced over this item. Andy even went out of his way to say that the two cups you get with the item weren't mugs but about twice the size of a cup you'd get in a coffee shop. If only Bid's other presenters showed the same honesty when selling their perfume, watches, fashion, shoes etc... etc... (and Bid's management came clean and reduced the postage to a level appropriate to each item), they might gain some respect instead of being in the deep hole they find themselves in at present.

The coffee-makers flew out btw - I've seen many presenters in the past fail to shift them. Bid should learn a lesson from this.

Just to add...Andy, Charlie and Angela were great fun tonight (poor Charlie came on in a new "lumberjack" shirt and Andy suggested his favourite movie was Brokeback Mountain !).

He's smashing to watch isn't he?

As much as Andy is a breath of fresh air I do sometimes wonder why he dosen't just get the hell out of there, he's way to good for that shower.

from following him on twitter i think he does a fair shmack of corporate stuff and voiceovers which are pretty profitable avenues

he even said yesterday "i have been here since bid up, why am i still here? nobody else will employ me"

the show yesterday with charlie and angela was superb and very watchable even though there were no new products or particularly good deals.

He's smashing to watch isn't he?

As much as Andy is a breath of fresh air I do sometimes wonder why he dosen't just get the hell out of there, he's way to good for that shower.

I often think that Wirral.
Andy is just great to watch and listen to. I think he's way too good for those channels, I think he's be brilliant somewhere else like QVC, I think the viewers would love him.
(I didn't say IW as I didn't think it was appropriate having seen Watchdog tonight!!)

I often think that Wirral.
Andy is just great to watch and listen to. I think he's way too good for those channels, I think he's be brilliant somewhere else like QVC, I think the viewers would love him.
(I didn't say IW as I didn't think it was appropriate having seen Watchdog tonight!!)

Yes deedee I saw Watchdog. It sounds like IW are having some CS/fulfillment issues, in fact I have read a few posts on here about delivery problems.

I couldn't help think that in the big picture it isn't quite as bad as another certain retailer. But make no mistake their time will come, when it's appropriate.

Latest posts

Back