Former Bid boy Paul Beque

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Greg

Registered Shopper
Been watching him do the technology gadgets on Ideal World. He's doing ever so well! Nothing like the shouting histrionics on Bid that he used to d0.

Which other presenters from Bid would do well on IW and QVC? :nod:

He's great isn't he Greg. He used to irritate me on situps, but he's normal now, bet he's glad he jumped ship. He's got Dirty Peter rattled apparently, the waste of space made rather a snitty comment about him a week or so back

He's great isn't he Greg. He used to irritate me on situps, but he's normal now, bet he's glad he jumped ship. He's got Dirty Peter rattled apparently, the waste of space made rather a snitty comment about him a week or so back

Paul was recently doing a tablet presentation on IW with their tech expert and it's fair to say that compared to Mason and his exceptionally patronising patter it was like night and day.

I briefly heard Mason last night selling a shitty little TV Aerial and he was giving yet another lecture to make himself sound knowledgeable about 'DVB' which stands for Digital Video Broadcasting and is a standard for digital television and, like the expert he isn't, he was saying that terrestrial is DVB but satellite and cable isn't. Of course he was quite incorrect, Satellite TV is broadcast in the UK using DVB-S/S2, Cable uses DVB-C and Terrestrial uses DVB-T/T2. Idiot.

Earlier when flogging a dental care kit I heard him piously stating he isn't 'in the luxurious position of receiving free dental care' and he dosen't visit the dentist very often. Well who'd have thought?

Last edited:
Paul was recently doing a tablet presentation on IW with their tech expert and it's fair to say that compared to Mason and his exceptionally patronising patter it was like night and day.

I briefly heard Mason last night selling a shitty little TV Aerial and he was giving yet another lecture to make himself sound knowledgeable about 'DVB' which stands for Digital Video Broadcasting and is a standard for digital television and, like the expert he isn't, he was saying that terrestrial is DVB but satellite and cable isn't. Of course he was quite incorrect, Satellite TV is broadcast in the UK using DVB-S/S2, Cable uses DVB-C and Terrestrial uses DVB-T/T2. Idiot.

Earlier when flogging a dental care kit I heard him piously stating he isn't 'in the luxurious position of receiving free dental care' and he dosen't visit the dentist very often. Well who'd have thought?

Mrs Earwig has got Paul Beque on her friends list on Facebook and he was posting on there the other day telling everyone
about the wonderful Tablet he had on his 'show' later, it was the one he had bought for himself for Christmas blah blah blah
(you know how it goes)......
Hang on here a minute we were thinking... was'nt he still on Bid at Christmas? O yeah.... and was'nt it the Yarvik tablet that was
so ****** amazing that he bought it for himself at Christmas.... o yeah... DOH!!!!!!!!!

same old crap..... just a different channel

Mrs Earwig has got Paul Beque on her friends list on Facebook and he was posting on there the other day telling everyone
about the wonderful Tablet he had on his 'show' later, it was the one he had bought for himself for Christmas blah blah blah
(you know how it goes)......
Hang on here a minute we were thinking... was'nt he still on Bid at Christmas? O yeah.... and was'nt it the Yarvik tablet that was
so ****** amazing that he bought it for himself at Christmas.... o yeah... DOH!!!!!!!!!

same old crap..... just a different channel

Absolutely earwig, they are all going to big up the products they sell on their own channels. It's how they do it which is the cause of contention!

Absolutely earwig, they are all going to big up the products they sell on their own channels. It's how they do it which is the cause of contention!

i liked paul on price drop

however he is very good on ideal world

saw him doing the halogen oven on ideal world yesterday and tbf he did state he bought his halogen 4 years ago from his old workplace

he also regularly did buy price drop products so whilst he talked the talk he did buy the stuff

What happened there, Hillary?

I had to ask someone too Pola. Apparently, and I hope have this right, Dirty P. made a remark about Paul 'once of situps' but now gone and his face was like thunder. Don't know why, because Paul was one of the most affable and wholesome on there. Someone will come along with more info I'm sure

I reckon Paul Becque would be great as a commentator for the Grand National, boy can he he talk fast! Channel 4 racing should snap him up.

I like Paul. He's always very courteous on his FB page. He's not that up himself that he won't respond to people on there. He's doing a good job on IW from what I've seen. I hated the way he was on Bid, just shows it was all an act. Unless the way he is now is all an act, in which case I prefer it :happy:

Latest posts

Back