What is the point of the assistants?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Hillary

Registered Shopper
This isn't meant to be a 'lets bash the assistants' thread. I honestly want to know. Situps are obviously feeling the financial pinch and there are probably dark days ahead after OFCOM finish with them. Couldn't they save money by getting rid of them altogether? And while they are at it, cut down on middle management which is always the top-heavy weak link in any business.

The only use they have as far as I can see is that they give the presenter a couple of minutes to have a drink or whatever and help out with the ooooooo's, ahhhhhh's, and the just beautiful's

I used to like Rezzy but I watched a bit of her and Lisa last night and her voice and constant 'yeah'......'yeah'.......are really annoying me now

The only use they have as far as I can see is that they give the presenter a couple of minutes to have a drink or whatever and help out with the ooooooo's, ahhhhhh's, and the just beautiful's

I used to like Rezzy but I watched a bit of her and Lisa last night and her voice and constant 'yeah'......'yeah'.......are really annoying me now

Rezi seems to be an enthusiastic BS'er nowadays.

Dreadful.

You're right Wirral

She is totally different now to when she first started

I find her quite unbearable when she does cosmetics on a Saturday with Lisa Brass. I recall her comments when selling some Laurelle Chocolate stink, she suggested if you know someone on a diet you could buy them it for Easter so they still get something choclatey.

Breathtaking.

This isn't meant to be a 'lets bash the assistants' thread. I honestly want to know. Situps are obviously feeling the financial pinch and there are probably dark days ahead after OFCOM finish with them. Couldn't they save money by getting rid of them altogether? And while they are at it, cut down on middle management which is always the top-heavy weak link in any business.
They are there to provide a 1970's version of a 'female perspective' i.e 'I love a man who smells good' or 'you can dress it up or dress it down'.

I used to really enjoy the assistants on the channels when they had more of a 'co-host' role. i only really watch durring the day so to be honest so i thought they had got rid of them. i do think they are missing a trick though. the channels have always been really male dominated in front of the camera and it's pretty clear that whoever does the hiring of the assistants is a 'red blooded male', they are hardly representative of the watching female audience or the products that are sold lol. Thin pretty 20 year old girls getting overtly excited about products aimed at women in their 50's? its a touch out of sync. if they are to keep the 'assistants' IMHO they should try hiring some older more experienced girls who we can relate to. girls who actually have something interesting and valuable to add rather than just being a 'nodding dog' bit of eye candy for the boys.

either that or get some good looking young men in to balance it out - fairs fair right?

Bingo

I used to really enjoy the assistants on the channels when they had more of a 'co-host' role. i only really watch durring the day so to be honest so i thought they had got rid of them. i do think they are missing a trick though. the channels have always been really male dominated in front of the camera and it's pretty clear that whoever does the hiring of the assistants is a 'red blooded male', they are hardly representative of the watching female audience or the products that are sold lol. Thin pretty 20 year old girls getting overtly excited about products aimed at women in their 50's? its a touch out of sync. if they are to keep the 'assistants' IMHO they should try hiring some older more experienced girls who we can relate to. girls who actually have something interesting and valuable to add rather than just being a 'nodding dog' bit of eye candy for the boys.

either that or get some good looking young men in to balance it out - fairs fair right?

Bingo

I don't think that will happen when you have presenter's like Mason who have egos the size of Spain.

I don't think that will happen when you have presenter's like Mason who have egos the size of Spain.

Wirral, it's not like you to be so reserved in your opinion. We all know Mason has an ego so huge it can be seen if you're standing on another planet never mind Spain!

agree with this

they obviously have only kept on the better ones now which is fair enough

Don't be so rude Wirral! Mr Mason wouldn't have anything so small. His ego must be the size of a continent.

Used to love it when Johnny was Eliza's assistant. There should be more like that :). Or Andy and Jenwior of the valleys.

also agree it is a bit strange that there are no male assistants

as has been stated 70% (at least) of the viewership must be women

i fall into the 30% so women fine for me :)

I'm not too fond of Kiri Bloore as an assistant, she always looks as if she can't be bothered helping out the presenter and looks as if she would rather be elsewhere. I find her quite wooden. Marina Berry was the best assistant, I hope she comes back soon but I doubt it.

I'm not too fond of Kiri Bloore as an assistant, she always looks as if she can't be bothered helping out the presenter and looks as if she would rather be elsewhere. I find her quite wooden. Marina Berry was the best assistant, I hope she comes back soon but I doubt it.

I like Marina too, she said she hasn't left but has other commitments for the near future.

I like Marina! She's fun!

I can't stand Helen with her horrible, whiny voice. Her hair always looks greasy and in need of a good cut. And she's turning into Peter Simon.

I agree about Kiri - she always looks as though she can't be bothered (but who can blame her) and her hair needs a good brush.

I'm not obsessed about the presenters' hair :grin: Sally has lovely hair!

Latest posts

Back