Should Bid TV have a genuine Charity Day?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Greg

Registered Shopper
I think something like this would raise a more positive profile for this troubled channel network especially in the light of the OFCOM investigation into their dubious practices.

i don't mean giving 50p per product and taking everything else, exploiting the charity/charities but a genuine aim to give all away the proceeds for one day.

Maybe they could get guests in, the presenters dress up in fancy dress/drag...

What else could they do in a 'Bid Charity Day'?

Some sort of challenge like set up an exercise bike or rowing machine in the studio and set a distance challenge and get crew and presenters to take it in turns to get their target. Then set up a just giving page. I would give to that.

Failing that have stocks and throw pies at presenters. I'd get in on that too ;-)

I think something like this would raise a more positive profile for this troubled channel network especially in the light of the OFCOM investigation into their dubious practices.

i don't mean giving 50p per product and taking everything else, exploiting the charity/charities but a genuine aim to give all away the proceeds for one day.

Maybe they could get guests in, the presenters dress up in fancy dress/drag...

What else could they do in a 'Bid Charity Day'?

Maybe LOLA, via satellite?

At the same time Mike Mason could give us a lecture on how the pictures are being received.

Yeh, LOLA doing a cabaret spot. I'd love to hear Mike Mason sing some songs. Who's the guy that does Stand Up (I don't mean Peter Simon!).

Yeh, LOLA doing a cabaret spot. I'd love to hear Mike Mason sing some songs. Who's the guy that does Stand Up (I don't mean Peter Simon!).

McDonald supposedly does stand up, maybe he could do a turn. Bod and Birkett are dancers so they could maybe do a tango.

Are they really Wirral?

Would explain the state of their shoes then

Indeed Momma. Bod is a passionate Latin Dancer, which I have to say surprised me somewhat. I would have had him down as a Morris Dancer.

I heard a rumour that he and Birkett dance together but Bod must have two left feet, given the state of Birkett's one and two's.

My first thought when I read this was 'Bid' and 'genuine' are not two words one normally strings together in the same sentence. But why not try a fund raising day?
The Poppy Day one always leaves me a bit disturbed when I work out how much actually goes to the charity, but every little helps

My first thought when I read this was 'Bid' and 'genuine' are not two words one normally strings together in the same sentence. But why not try a fund raising day?
The Poppy Day one always leaves me a bit disturbed when I work out how much actually goes to the charity, but every little helps

I'm a bit down on the fundraising practices of some charities lately Hillary. We have had a serious problem with people from various charities calling at our house, and sometimes they have been rather pushy to say the least. Sadly, like many of our neighbours, we have had to resort to placing a sign on our front door from the local Police stating we don't welcome cold callers.

I'm a bit cynical when some 'celebrities' get on the charity bandwagon too, especially when it's charities that are bang in the news like Help for Heroes but that's just my opinion. I'm sure lots of people mean well and they mostly do a good job.

I'm a bit down on the fundraising practices of some charities lately Hillary. We have had a serious problem with people from various charities calling at our house, and sometimes they have been rather pushy to say the least. Sadly, like many of our neighbours, we have had to resort to placing a sign on our front door from the local Police stating we don't welcome cold callers.

I'm a bit cynical when some 'celebrities' get on the charity bandwagon too, especially when it's charities that are bang in the news like Help for Heroes but that's just my opinion. I'm sure lots of people mean well and they mostly do a good job.

Many moons ago, I was on a stopover in India. In the bar, my colleagues and I met a charming lady who invited us to her home for the evening. She worked for a very well known charity and was permanently based in this particular city, in a house provided for her by the charity. It was sumptuous... large airy rooms beautifully furnished and a bigger swimming pool that I've ever seen in houses over here and of course, servants. Yes, the price of property and the cost of livings is very much lower than here, but even saying that they could have put her in a smaller house and she would still have been very comfortable.
These days I tend to give to local good causes where I know the money will be well spent.

Latest posts

Back