Fair play Peter S

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

PJ.

In an Ideal World ...
When talking about the self ran sale, he basically said words to the effect that they were a mid range budget range. More of this please. I am the first to moan but try equally to praise. Hope all the bid lovers notice this!

PJ

Isn't that odd. I say anything bad about bid I get grief from the usual bid fan club. I say something positive and it is quieter than Mike Mason's hairdresser.

Isn't that odd. I say anything bad about bid I get grief from the usual bid fan club. I say something positive and it is quieter than Mike Mason's hairdresser.

i don't know enough about sherlock, i'm more an observer of "money man" mason, jaxxx, brash and dirty pete as he seems to be called from my lurking haha.

When talking about the self ran sale, he basically said words to the effect that they were a mid range budget range. More of this please. I am the first to moan but try equally to praise. Hope all the bid lovers notice this!

PJ

Yeah it's commendable but he's still putting that shocked face on and threatening to take his trousers off if some stink goes below a tenner, which of course it did. They put it in their ebay shop for a tenner with £1.99 post. £1.99 post!

Thank goodness he kept his trousers on.

And he's such a genuine man too isn't he? So nice.

Ps. Sorry Peeej. I only saw this thread this morning, busy gardening yesterday.

Oh he is Hillary, I love it when he urges us to check out what Laurelle charge for fragrances on their own website compared to the deals he has been able to negotiate.

Peter is always looking out for us like that, and for that I thank him. :mysmilie_504:

He wasnt advising people to check the prices on Tuesday when he was flogging some Ambre de cabochard which went for 9.99 ish plus postage, online u can get it for about 9.99 all in on some sites.

Would I be right in thinking that Gres Fragrances is a brand along the same lines as Thomas Earnshaw?

Their webpage dosen't exactly inspire confidence if it is such a brand of heritage, does it?

http://www.parfumsgres.com/

Nothing to be sorry for Hun. I wasn't meaning why wasn't the nice people replying I meant just the usual bid defenders x

would you say it's the best shopping channel to watch? I consider it a guilty pleasure myself.

For me it's the only truly interactive shopping channel around. It's slogan should be 'You Watch, You Are Outraged, You Complain'.

It's just a pity there isn't a red button 'Complain NOW' feature for it, that would save an awful lot of faffing around. They could charge £1.53 a complaint, that would help their bank balance.

For me it's the only truly interactive shopping channel around. It's slogan should be 'You Watch, You Are Outraged, You Complain'.

It's just a pity there isn't a red button 'Complain NOW' feature for it, that would save an awful lot of faffing around. They could charge £1.53 a complaint, that would help their bank balance.

It's like the products are a front and the real money is in the quizcall style phone costs.

I must say I don't even dislike bid, I love watching it, I just wouldn't buy anything from there as poundland is down the road and I wouldn't want to cut out the middle man.

Last edited:
It's like the products are a front and the real money is in the quizcall style phone costs.

I must say I don't even dislike bid, I love watching it, I just wouldn't buy anything from there as poundland is down the road and I wouldn't want to cut out the middle man.

Indeed, it's a very simple plan.

Sell a shed load of items for less than £10, or £1 or 1p, slap on nearly a tenner of non refundable purchase costs and you have yourself a business.

Shimples!

Indeed, it's a very simple plan.

Sell a shed load of items for less than £10, or £1 or 1p, slap on nearly a tenner of non refundable purchase costs and you have yourself a business.

Shimples!

It is a genius business model, get something worth a quid but make em pay £1.53 just to pick up the phone.

for £7.99 p&p, frankly i'd expect the box to be flanked by an armed guard.

It is a genius business model, get something worth a quid but make em pay £1.53 just to pick up the phone.

for £7.99 p&p, frankly i'd expect the box to be flanked by an armed guard.

In their defence unlike some other shopping channels their order fulfillment record is supposedly very good but at those prices so it should be.

But it is very clever, can you imagine the mark up on shite like the ID Stamps and Egg Cookers when they go for over £10 all in, or even worse those Dongles when they have sold for as much as £50 all in? (I accept they sell for much less nowadays but still around £20 all in).

The mark up must be astronomical, i'd guess at hundreds of percent.

In their defence unlike some other shopping channels their order fulfillment record is supposedly very good but at those prices so it should be.

But it is very clever, can you imagine the mark up on shite like the ID Stamps and Egg Cookers when they go for over £10 all in, or even worse those Dongles when they have sold for as much as £50 all in? (I accept they sell for much less nowadays but still around £20 all in).

The mark up must be astronomical, i'd guess at hundreds of percent.

As a more astute forumer than myself once pointed out, you are paying in some cases 400% more in postage than you are for the actual product. (my facts are not exact but that was the general gist of what was pointed out)

As a more astute forumer than myself once pointed out, you are paying in some cases 400% more in postage than you are for the actual product. (my facts are not exact but that was the general gist of what was pointed out)

It's much worse than that. In the case of a £1 item you are paying over 950% more than the product cost for delivery and call, in the case of a 1p item it's over 9500% more than the product cost for delivery and call.

Last edited:
It's much worse than that. In the case of a £1 item you are paying over 950% more for delivery and call, in the case of a 1p item it's over 9500% more for delivery and call.

when put on paper like that, how can it look anything but dodgy... and yet i know i will tune in later for peter simon's grand entrance.

when put on paper like that, how can it look anything but dodgy... and yet i know i will tune in later for peter simon's grand entrance.

It looks even more dodgy when no other shopping channels do it.

Latest posts

Back