Another one for ASA??

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

PJ.

In an Ideal World ...
Peter claiming the Mondi top should be bought as no one you know will be wearing it. How does he know? Surely a friend could have got it from bid too? Maybe small chance but still possible.

Peter claiming the Mondi top should be bought as no one you know will be wearing it. How does he know? Surely a friend could have got it from bid too? Maybe small chance but still possible.

In my case he was absolutely correct. My friends have too much good taste to wear something like that

Laughably PJ I have heard him say it with various products, particularly jewellery.

But as Hillary suggested he might be right, depending in what circles you mix in!

You may laugh, but I think that the Mondi stuff does look incredibly classy. To me it looks like the sort of thing you could possibly buy from a boutique in one of those posh villages in rural England..worn by posh ladies in their 50's and 60's...BUT, they're not going to be buying their clothing from a low grade shopping channel are they? It's not a look I like, and it's not a look I aspire to either. I think I'm gonna be mutton dressed up as lamb when I get there lol!

You may laugh, but I think that the Mondi stuff does look incredibly classy. To me it looks like the sort of thing you could possibly buy from a boutique in one of those posh villages in rural England..worn by posh ladies in their 50's and 60's...BUT, they're not going to be buying their clothing from a low grade shopping channel are they? It's not a look I like, and it's not a look I aspire to either. I think I'm gonna be mutton dressed up as lamb when I get there lol!

Merry, my only objection to the 'Mondi' sales is the clothing they sell from the new 'Mondi' has absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with the old 'Mondi' that was indeed sold in high end shops like Harrods. The name was bought, nothing else. I think they are being somewhat disingenuous regarding this brand.

If it was that good why on earth, as nice as she is, would the same company make 'Sally Jacks' clothing?

Merry, my only objection to the 'Mondi' sales is the clothing they sell from the new 'Mondi' has absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with the old 'Mondi' that was indeed sold in high end shops like Harrods. The name was bought, nothing else. I think they are being somewhat disingenuous regarding this brand.

If it was that good why on earth, as nice as she is, would the same company make 'Sally Jacks' clothing?

I didn't know that, but then I'd never actually heard of Mondi, but I know a lot of that happens, of course...I remember the days when Ingersoll, Vivitar and Wharfedale were good brand names...not any more!
As for Sally Jack's stuff, i'm actually surprised by it, from what I saw with the exception of a peach coloured scarf with black skulls on it, it was just so "not sally" frumpy, safe....well the Moira Clutton look (scarflace woman!).

I didn't know that, but then I'd never actually heard of Mondi, but I know a lot of that happens, of course...I remember the days when Ingersoll, Vivitar and Wharfedale were good brand names...not any more!
Wharfedale is actually still a good brand name when it comes to hi-fi speakers, but this is where it gets rather complicated! Brands have often been licensed to other companies for their own purposes, which means that JVC headphones sold in Currys aren't actually made by JVC (to my knowledge) and likewise Wharfedale televisions that were sold in the now-defunct Comet were made by various different manufacturers including reputable makers like Philips, so it was possible to buy a Philips TV in Comet with a Wharfedale badge on the cabinet. Ironically (and strictly speaking) Philips no longer make their own televisions either, because they have licenced the Philips name to a new company called TP Vision that was created from their television division.

Wharfedale is actually still a good brand name when it comes to hi-fi speakers, but this is where it gets rather complicated! Brands have often been licensed to other companies for their own purposes, which means that JVC headphones sold in Currys aren't actually made by JVC (to my knowledge) and likewise Wharfedale televisions that were sold in the now-defunct Comet were made by various different manufacturers including reputable makers like Philips, so it was possible to buy a Philips TV in Comet with a Wharfedale badge on the cabinet. Ironically (and strictly speaking) Philips no longer make their own televisions either, because they have licenced the Philips name to a new company called TP Vision that was created from their television division.

Mondi is just a name owned by some Hong Kong factory, it has absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with the high end brand as was in the 90's.

The same factory make 'Sally Jacks' clothes. In fact, they all have exactly the same silver disc tags, save their own brand names.

If you like it, buy it. But it ain't designer kid!

I've seen Mondi items for sale down my local market (at Freshney place). They were about a £10er, they look ok I guess but I wouldn't buy them as a gift as imo they don't look as nice as some of the stuff I could & would buy in Primark or River Island.

Latest posts

Back