Ms Brash

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Hillary

Registered Shopper
Yes, I know she comes over as a bit, well a lot really, of a slapper but I like Lisa. She gives me the impression that if she was a friend of yours she'd stick by you through thick and thin. And there's not many like that about these days. And even her worst critic will have to agree that what you see is what you get with her.

Yes, I know she comes over as a bit, well a lot really, of a slapper but I like Lisa. She gives me the impression that if she was a friend of yours she'd stick by you through thick and thin. And there's not many like that about these days. And even her worst critic will have to agree that what you see is what you get with her.

Yep, I've always said that too...she's just so natural!

I don't tend to watch her shows for long as I find her a touch crude. However, the only major gripe I have with Lisa is, personally, I think she exaggerates her 'Art' experience when selling prints and she perhaps has a habit of over egging their potential future value.

But she is OK for me, there's much worse than Lisa at that company. I'd take Lisa over Caroline Lyndsay any day.

she is in my "fave five" along with mason, jaxx, peter simon and honest hodgeson.

to be fair i feel she has adopted many of mason's traits but she is very likeable and i like how she can do the shift without the aid of an assistant (though obviously the banter is better when she has someone to bounce her self depreciative comments off of)

I do like her, she seems a genuine person... perhaps a bit pushy but not too bad.
She always looks very nice & probably is the best presenter for engaging with the customers imo.

I do like her, she seems a genuine person... perhaps a bit pushy but not too bad.
She always looks very nice & probably is the best presenter for engaging with the customers imo.

who would you say is the top presenter across any of the channels?

who would you say is the top presenter across any of the channels?

I would say either Steve Macdonald or Andy Hodgson are the most fun to watch, Steve tends to bend the truth a fair bit though so Andy would get the vote for best presenter imo as he is both totally honest & fun to watch. Andy is usually at his best when DIY Charlie is on, its comedy gold watching them two have a laugh.

It's got to be Andy H. What the hell he is doing amongst this bunch is a complete mystery to me

I think he's like James & uses it as a backup whilst engaging in other projects that could lead to better things. He probably has a future in comedy eventually but his problem is always going to be that he will always be seen as an Alan Partridge tribute.

Have a look what he's been upto lately, it surprised me :wonder: :

https://twitter.com/andyhodgsontv/status/343030856455176192/photo/1

I would say either Steve Macdonald or Andy Hodgson are the most fun to watch, Steve tends to bend the truth a fair bit though so Andy would get the vote for best presenter imo as he is both totally honest & fun to watch. Andy is usually at his best when DIY Charlie is on, its comedy gold watching them two have a laugh.

i apologise, i meant taking into account qvc, ideal world etc. i say that as hodgson wins hands down on bid in terms of presenter but mason ellicits such a reaction he has to be noted for special mention.

i apologise, i meant taking into account qvc, ideal world etc. i say that as hodgson wins hands down on bid in terms of presenter but mason ellicits such a reaction he has to be noted for special mention.

It probably would still be Andy as I like his banter on twitter when he's not on Bid, I do have a soft spot for Ali Defoy off Gems.tv as she seems a really nice person who takes the time to explain each product in great detail and also she does a fair bit for charity. Her website can be found here: www.officialalidefoy.com/
I also think very highly of Julian Ballantyne off QVC as he's always very clued up on every product he's selling, he seems a very approachable person who takes the time to listen to guests and always asks the right questions.

I would love to see more of that Italian lady that was on Bid last night, she seemed like she had done presenting before and had such a beautiful & charming way with her words. Such a warm personality too.

I agree with you about Mike, I kinda like him as he is funny sometimes & seems very on the ball. He seems to require a certain type of assistant that he can bounce jokes/innuendos off. He was always very good with Marina Berry.

Last edited:
What you see is what you get with Lisa Brash. She has grown on me.

It probably would still be Andy as I like his banter on twitter when he's not on Bid, I do have a soft spot for Ali Defoy off Gems.tv as she seems a really nice person who takes the time to explain each product in great detail and also she does a fair bit for charity. Her website can be found here: www.officialalidefoy.com/
I also think very highly of Julian Ballantyne off QVC as he's always very clued up on every product he's selling, he seems a very approachable person who takes the time to listen to guests and always asks the right questions.

I would love to see more of that Italian lady that was on Bid last night, she seemed like she had done presenting before and had such a beautiful & charming way with her words. Such a warm personality too.

I agree with you about Mike, I kinda like him as he is funny sometimes & seems very on the ball. He seems to require a certain type of assistant that he can bounce jokes/innuendos off. He was always very good with Marina Berry.

yeah, i personally like mason but i can fully understand why people have issues with him and wouldn't begrudge them that

julian is clearly a hall of famer, as you say, what can you say negatively about him.

i think objectively the best presenter is jackie kabler from qvc, 'no nonsense' concise presentation. doesn't seem nasty, nor falsely anyones best friend either.

yeah, i personally like mason but i can fully understand why people have issues with him and wouldn't begrudge them that

julian is clearly a hall of famer, as you say, what can you say negatively about him.

i think objectively the best presenter is jackie kabler from qvc, 'no nonsense' concise presentation. doesn't seem nasty, nor falsely anyones best friend either.

Nail firmly on head MrT. I find it patronising, and downright dangerous (vulnerable people fall for the patter and spend money they can't afford on crap they don't want just because their 'friend' recommended it) And the way they 'explain' products as if we don't have two brain cells to make a synapse. I just switch those really grossly bad ones off now. Have you noticed, they all have the same cheesy, insincere, practiced in front of the mirror, smile?

Nail firmly on head MrT. I find it patronising, and downright dangerous (vulnerable people fall for the patter and spend money they can't afford on crap they don't want just because their 'friend' recommended it) And the way they 'explain' products as if we don't have two brain cells to make a synapse. I just switch those really grossly bad ones off now. Have you noticed, they all have the same cheesy, insincere, practiced in front of the mirror, smile?

that's pretty much why i understand those that are not fans of mason, i personally find him amusing but recognise that there are going to be people drawn in by his "schtick" as such.

my favourites are clearly chosen based on comedy or controvertial characters but i doubt i'd actually buy anything from them. i'd rather it be from someone who is pretty much impartial in their presentation (as in miss kabler)

Although I think Lisa Brash has a great personality and would be a great pal to go out on the town with and spend hours chatting about blokes, I don't think her presenter skills are up to much, she seems to blag her way through presenting for 3 hours by chatting about her family, kids and love life etc and not chatting much about the products. She has a habit as well of trying to copy Mike Mason.

I can't watch her I'm afraid.

100% agree

she is imo one of the worse for pressure selling

just because she is a nice lady (sure she is) and is on facebook and twitter all the time with her viewers does not excuse her techniques

One of the other members on here had posted her nickname was Dockyard Doris lol although she's loud I prefer watching Lisa to Sally Jacks whose voice complete does my head in, I can't listen to Sally for any more than 5 minutes.

Latest posts

Back