Jewellery Quality

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Springflower

Registered Shopper
Yesterday I took some unwanted clothes to my local charity shop. Whilst I was there I noticed a pair of beautiful Ethiopian opal earrings or perhaps I should say, one was beautiful, the other, wasn't. Thinking it was a trick of the light, I asked to see them. The very helpful lady told me, quite innecessarily, because of the box, that it was a brand new purchase from TJC from whom she purchased simply to donate to the charity. I would very happily have paid the £22 she was asking for the earrings BUT they were SO mismatched that I couldn't have worn them. Whilst one was obviously a colourful opal, the other had as much colour as a moonstone. She then produced box after box of TJC jewellery, all of which she had bought to very generously donate to the charity but there was NOTHING I would have considered buying. For the sake of the charity I can only hope that somebody will.

I have never bought anything from TJC. I have seen a few pieces where I was tempted to dip my toes but the bank balance was a bit depleted, so I decided that as we can't eat the stuff perhaps I should pass! I don't like their bargain stuff as it is all plated and costume quality and I can get plenty of that in the local town. Thank you for your post though, if they are not up to speed on QC that makes me think twice about parting with my cash.

Inge x

I too have bought opal earrings as these were also mismatched - looked like they were from 2 different pairs due to one being translucent with good colour play, the other was also good colour play but was more opaque in nature. Was too lazy to return but couldn't give as gift as initially intended.

It's always worth buing 3 pairs of identical earrings, picking out two that are a good match, and returning the others. I know TJC don't generally do refunds on earrings, but they will if you say they are faulty because the gemstones don't match; I have never had a problem with this.

I have only very recently made a couple of purchases from tjc and they were on the online auction and I have to say for the prices I paid I was very pleased with what I got ,I had a pretty silver cross pendant with little stones in it and it came with a chain this was for a christening present I paid £3 and I bought a 4ct amethyst ring it is gold plated silver but looks really much more expensive than the £18 I paid and the stone is really lovely . I might of just struck lucky and of course with earrings they do both need to be the same quality.My jewellery buying days are mostly over now I have so much stuff including some I have not worn that I bought from another channel in the good old days.

Latest posts

Back