Praise for Ideal World?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Yesterday my dad ordered the Wagner POTD, online, and at the same time ordered the masking addon, yesterday our internet connecton was slow, and a minute after my dad placed the order, IW, phoned him to ask if he needed any assistance, he said QVC wouldnt have ever done that/

He has gone from a big QVC fan, to now watching about 6 hours a day of IW, he watched every wagner hour yesterday, to pick up tips.

Well done IW, but it now means we have to sit through 6 hours of it a day

Don't worry, once he's had enough of the halogen oven, the TomTom's and everything else on repeat just push over to Create and Craft :sun:

QVC are useless with their CS sometimes. They never reply to emails and people on the phones never know what to do. IW has it's problems but they do manage to get things done - eventually!

I've ordered quite a few bits and pieces (quite often during the midday madness hours with free p&p). I order less and less from QVC. The IW items have all arrived within 4 days which is pretty good going. I ordered an item and requested a collect+ return label in case I wanted to return it, but this was left out of the parcel. I emailed their CS and asked if they'd refund for the label since I was keeping the item and they replied in 48 hours and refunded more than the cost of the label. I know their range is limited but I find QVC nearly as repetitive these days. I'm not diminishing the annoyance other customers have experienced in the past but my experience has been excellent. IW is still the main competition for QVC so I hope they continue to improve.

I've ordered quite a few bits and pieces (quite often during the midday madness hours with free p&p). I order less and less from QVC. The IW items have all arrived within 4 days which is pretty good going. I ordered an item and requested a collect+ return label in case I wanted to return it, but this was left out of the parcel. I emailed their CS and asked if they'd refund for the label since I was keeping the item and they replied in 48 hours and refunded more than the cost of the label. I know their range is limited but I find QVC nearly as repetitive these days. I'm not diminishing the annoyance other customers have experienced in the past but my experience has been excellent. IW is still the main competition for QVC so I hope they continue to improve.

Once they have sent the item, of course from there on, its the couriers to deliver, but i guess it could depend on where you live, where i live, most days, you see most couriers go up and down the road.

What impressed my dad yesterday was, the presenter was saying how busy the lines were, and make sure you finalise your web order, as phone callers come first, and cause they had the thing, to phone him up, like 1 minute after he placed his order, to check if it was allright, impressed him,

Last edited:
I hadn't ordered from IW for a long time but I did pick up some items in their price reductions recently. They arrived within a week and really good value for money as well. I got an email to say my order was received, then despatched, then it would be delivered today and it was. IW do get a lot of criticism but they seem to have got their act together. 10 out of 10 from me on this occasion.

CC

Agree, the last few orders I've had from IW have definitely been dispatched and arrived far faster than when I first started a couple of years ago. Just recently, a courier returned an order due to it being damaged on delivery (the couriers decision so I had no input). IW refunded the order amount but one email asking for the P&P back resulted in a voucher for the same P&P on my next order within a couple of days! Definite improvement I'd say and hope it continues.

I returned an item to IW under the DSR rules last week and this week got an e-mail confirming my refund of the goods plus the P&P. My emails were answered within 3 days and yet they still apologised for the delay and the money was back in my bank within 4 days. Well done IW

From the Sunday Post (Newcastle) | 30.06.2013 :

Christmas watch drama was far from Ideal for Irene

IRENE THOMSON bought a watch in October last year for her husband, Stuart, as a Christmas gift from the Ideal World TV shopping channel.

A few days after Christmas Irene, from Perth, noticed Stuart fiddling with the watch. He said that he didn’t want to say anything that would hurt her feelings but it

hadn’t worked right since he got it.

After contacting Ideal World she was told it would have to be sent away to the manufacturers to be repaired and to allow four to six weeks for its return. Irene sent the

watch away in early January and that was the last she saw or heard of it.

Irene emailed Ideal World in March and April stating she’d prefer a refund given the time it was taking to return the watch.

By May and with still no sign of the watch — or a refund — she emailed Raw Deal. We contacted Ideal World and there was soon much better news for Irene.

She was sent an email by the company which said: “We are sorry you haven’t received your Sougia S automatic men’s stainless steel watch back.

“We can confirm we’ve now requested a full refund of £106.48 for this order.

“We hope this is satisfactory and would like to apologise for any inconvenience caused. Thank you for your time and patience.”

A delighted Irene said: “After five months of getting nowhere, I now have the money back in my account.

“This is the third time Raw Deal has helped me. What would we all do without you?”

We have been happy or very happy with the many products we have bought from IW over the years. However, I must say it's been a few months since we ordered anything as we have increasingly found the range of on air items has become quite repetitive.

But there's plenty on the web so overall i'd say they are doing a decent job but i'm fully aware they have had order fulfilment issues although I haven't personally experienced that.

Latest posts

Back