What presenters would you like back on bid/price drop tv ?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I had a soft spot for Charlie Mac.

It's not so much old ones back as current ones improving. Cut the 'I'm your best pal' false routine, look at Adam, he doesn't need gimmicks like that. Mike Mason used to be fun and a pleasure to watch, just cut the Del Boy overkill and he would be worth watching again. James has improved out of all recognition, but now is slipping back into his old ways. Peter Simon really deserves the nickname Dirty Peter these days, but I can remember when he was worth watching for the comedy alone.

For pure disaster value i'd say bring back Wayne The Chef, he was as hopeless as he was charming!

Funnily enough I watched a bit of Mike Mason last night and actually enjoyed it, he didn't seem quite as in your face as usual. Very good.

I would like to see Lynn Taylor back and Michelle Watt, both were good presenters.

Good shout, I liked Lynn.

I'll add Charlotte Mounter (hopefully she may return after her maternity leave), Claire Stuart and Gemma Hadley.

If the channels are going to be closed down and/or go bankrupt (and that's a big if), I'd suggest bringing back Nicola George so that she can face the consequences of her previous actions. Otherwise it would be someone like Greg Scott for entertainment value, or perhaps (easier still) bring back the old Peter Simon as opposed to the incoherent imposter that happens to have the same name.

Nicola George for her outrageous stories to sell anything!
Paul Becque
Gemma Smallpage (she has more talent than the entire production crew put together and then some!)
Jules Sowa (would've been a good presenter on her own)
Wayne the Chef (he reversed the old phrase, if you can't stand the heat stay out of the kitchen!)
Danielle Fearnon

People I miss from this forum;

Kat Baker - a Bid.tv fan who took things too far (femme fatal faux de pas version of Mike Mason)
Solicitor Jane Way - forget the name so I made something up, but her cases were thrown out of court due to contempt!

Mike Smith. Great fun, didn't lie through his teeth and only over stepped the mark once when it came to assistants.

PJ

Nicola George for her outrageous stories to sell anything!
Paul Becque
Gemma Smallpage (she has more talent than the entire production crew put together and then some!)
Jules Sowa (would've been a good presenter on her own)
Wayne the Chef (he reversed the old phrase, if you can't stand the heat stay out of the kitchen!)
Danielle Fearnon

People I miss from this forum;

Kat Baker - a Bid.tv fan who took things too far (femme fatal faux de pas version of Mike Mason)
Solicitor Jane Way - forget the name so I made something up, but her cases were thrown out of court due to contempt!

I know there are a few Paul Becque fans on here, but personally I found him incredibly creepy, especially when it came to selling ladies' shoes. Paul made it obvious on several occasions that he has quite the shoe/foot fetish. There was one time on Price-Drop (I would love to see the footage again if anyone has it) when he was literally crouched down low on his hands and knees at the feet of a somewhat mortified blonde assistant (can't remember her name - don't think she still works for Sit-Up) and Paul was almost drooling over her feet while professing his love for the shoes. I genuinely thought the man was trying to get himself sacked...if not, it looked like a scene that some people would pay a lot of money to see in Soho ! Paul didn't appear much on Price-Drop after that and then moved to IW.

He also seemed to go through a bit of a bad patch when he looked unshaven and scruffy through his shifts.

Last edited:
I dont want any coming back. Live with the memories and not bring good presenters back for the producers to change and make us have different opinions of. I.e. Mike Mason. The legend. Which we would still be calling him if he never came back. Sad story.

Greg Scott (did he leave or pushed after his short lived return?)
with Claire Stewart as his assistant

Sarah Hendy (without the big 'I did BBC Three dear')

Adam Freeman

I'm surprised John Hammond has never appeared recently, as a presenter as opposed to assistant - god knows he could do with a break judging by his money making schemes.

I know there are a few Paul Becque fans on here, but personally I found him incredibly creepy, especially when it came to selling ladies' shoes. Paul made it obvious on several occasions that he has quite the shoe/foot fetish. There was one time on Price-Drop (I would love to see the footage again if anyone has it) when he was literally crouched down low on his hands and knees at the feet of a somewhat mortified blonde assistant (can't remember her name - don't think she still works for Sit-Up) and Paul was almost drooling over her feet while professing his love for the shoes. I genuinely thought the man was trying to get himself sacked...if not, it looked like a scene that some people would pay a lot of money to see in Soho ! Paul didn't appear much on Price-Drop after that and then moved to IW.

He also seemed to go through a bit of a bad patch when he looked unshaven and scruffy through his shifts.

oh dear I didn't see that with the ladies shoes!! Whenever I did watch him though always found him entertaining if a little over the top at times (OK, most of the time... did kind of get irritating after a while...).

He did appear to be genuine, much like Peter Sherlock when he did presenting (without the BS).

Overall I think Charlie was the best of the regular presenters (maybe I should've added him to my list)... better than Andy Hodgson even.

Gerry McCulloch, Michelle Watt, Lee Baldry, Lynn Taylor & Adam Freeman are the ones I'd love to see come back

Latest posts

Back