costco is it worth joining?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

iloveshopping

Registered Shopper
At work we are being offered Costco membership - is it worth it? There will be 2 stores within a 40 min car journey for me.

really depends what you want to use it for. I have had a card since the mid nineties and wouldn't give it up. however others at work joined for a year and then let their membership lapse. I buy all my butcher meat and chicken from costco, not only is it cheaper the quality is excellent. I also buy kitchen rolls , toilet rolls, soap powder (usually when on special offer). very good clothes items. if you like carol hochman pj's they usually have them for under £20. I could go on and on. just remember a lot of the items you need to buy in bulk so you need someone to split it with or plenty of storage. I know they used to let you have a wander round to have a look before you joined, you couldn't buy but it gave you an idea about prices etc. it might be worth asking if they still do this ( can't see why they wouldn't).
Hope this helps.

What Kate said.
Been a member for about 6 or 7 yrs now and buy similar items to Kate. Excellent quality, unbeatable money back guarantee if not satisfied. We bought our new bed from them online. We are now 'executive' members and get 2% cashback on our annual spend in the form of vouchers. It's great for buying unusual and useful pressies etc. certain things are really good value - all magazines are 20% off retail price, Huggies nappies are cheap if this is of interest to you. Appliances, washers, dryers etc often at very good prices and no quibble guarantee. (If you ever have cause to return anything, you don't even need your receipt, as they can find it in your purchase
history). I share my membership with my father in law (he has my 'spouse' card, as I always take Mr L with me when I go).
You can still get a guest pass to have a look round and decide if it's worth you joining, but they won't let you buy anything until you join. I believe you can give back your membership at any time and they will refund the unused portion of the membership fee, so nothing to lose really.

Also you can use your uk costco card in the US costco stores - got a bottle of 365 loratadine tabs for about $13, 500 paracetamol tabs for about the same. In the UK Costco is fantastic for Christmas ornaments & toys. They have great prices for basics all year round such as 12 can of napoli chopped tomatoes for £5, also brilliant for catering - trays of sandwiches, wraps etc made to order. Cat/dog food is cheap, as is cat litter - Catsan 20l bag for just over £8 inc vat.
They have an in house opticians, prices are pretty good too.

Latest posts

Back