Mile Mason, not so bad

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Hillary

Registered Shopper
He used to make my skin crawl and was on the list to switch off as soon as he came on but I'd like to be fair. I saw him yesterday and he wasn't half as bad as usual. I know I don't watch as much or as long as most of you, and I know its open season on Mason, but credit where its due...
... I'll get me coat

in keeping with the theme of your post, he was very classy in his show opening, talking about a viewer that was ill but also saying that a video of jenny topp would be used and that she wasn't actually there (iv never personally seen anyone say that on bid)

i know i'm not "anti mason" but it's nice for positivity as it is rare haha.

I watched him selling some 'perfume' and he said that when his partner puts a certain perfume on, he knows he'll being having a good night *cough*

He did say that he hoped he hadn't offended anybody and that it was well after 9pm anyway.

I would check the bin when you get home Mikeyboy, a certain perfume might be in there :giggle:

He used to make my skin crawl and was on the list to switch off as soon as he came on but I'd like to be fair. I saw him yesterday and he wasn't half as bad as usual. I know I don't watch as much or as long as most of you, and I know its open season on Mason, but credit where its due...
... I'll get me coat

You stay where you are and take your coat off. Everyone is entitled to think how they want when they used well reasoned points :)

PJ

is it fair to say he gets more stick than most because he is potentially one of their best presenters and better is expected of him as such?

is it fair to say he gets more stick than most because he is potentially one of their best presenters and better is expected of him as such?

I find it sad that he went from being one of the best to IMHO one of the worse. I still think though I judge him purely on the lies and bad selling practices not because I used to love him.

PJ

I find it sad that he went from being one of the best to IMHO one of the worse. I still think though I judge him purely on the lies and bad selling practices not because I used to love him.

PJ

I agree, for some reason he let his standards drop & other presenters bad habits crept into his own sales pitches. I will say he has improved greatly & has been very good to watch just lately. Keep it up Mike.

to be fair his "technology of the week" pitch was not nearly as patronising as i thought it might be.

though it probably helped that there was an expert guest who wasn't a verbal punching bag for him.

to be fair his "technology of the week" pitch was not nearly as patronising as i thought it might be.

though it probably helped that there was an expert guest who wasn't a verbal punching bag for him.

He was good with the phones, clear & concise and asked the correct questions. Just like how he used to be, I think the problem with Mike is that he is just a bit of a jack the lad and it comes across when working with certain assistants as he gets carried away. He's definitely improved though and I wouldn't want him to leave.
It would be interesting to see him working with a male assistant.

I think this is a nice thread and it shows that we give credit where it's due.
I agree that Mikey boy is more watchable lately; I think it's because he's dropped a bit of the arrogance and appears less of a shyster. Keep up the good work Mike, you're a much better presenter for it.
I'd like to make a couple of observations though; the products I've seen Mike sell lately have been fairly safe with nothing too controversial, we'll see whether the improvements are genuine if he can sell a fire blanket or ice melt without scaremongering! The other thing is; we never see the likes of M&M etc on a thread like this. Where are they to acknowledge the credit as well as the criticism?

Exactly. It was the same when I did a positive thread the Mike Mason fan club were absent. Unlike the complaint threads when they onto me like Peter S on Angela. Ewww.

I used to love watching Mike on Gala even though I can't stand bingo. That's how much I liked him. Cheeky but not creepy.

Exactly. It was the same when I did a positive thread the Mike Mason fan club were absent. Unlike the complaint threads when they onto me like Peter S on Angela. Ewww.

I used to love watching Mike on Gala even though I can't stand bingo. That's how much I liked him. Cheeky but not creepy.

yep, that's what I'm talking about PJ
we get slated by them for our observations if they don't like what we say but they don't comment when we're giving credit

yep, that's what I'm talking about PJ
we get slated by them for our observations if they don't like what we say but they don't comment when we're giving credit

There are some people who live very boring, grey lives and have few friends other than virtual ones. They love causing a ruckus on forums, its the only social interaction they get, and receiving replies showing that they have irritated someone is like oxygen to them. I usually ignore their posts and carry on posting underneath as if they are not there. That gets rid of them for good

Latest posts

Back