JoyTab pod tablet

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

louise66

Registered Shopper
Whilst I don't watch this channel with the intention of making a purchase, when a pod in which I may be interested in is on, I go on the website to check it out. Joytab, made by a company called Gemini Devices, is offered on IW at £174.99, a saving of £115. The same package is available on Amazon for £158.99, a saving of 21%. They give the original price at £202.33. Big difference to IW post pod price.:confused:

It was amusing watching them flog the iPad last night, after spending months hinting that the other over-priced and under-powered tablets they sold were just as good.

"Almost everyone here has one" Andy said, referring to the iPad.

By the end of the hour long show, only 10% of the stock had gone. I wonder if that means they really do have a huge stock, or not many were sold.

It was amusing watching them flog the iPad last night, after spending months hinting that the other over-priced and under-powered tablets they sold were just as good.

"Almost everyone here has one" Andy said, referring to the iPad.

By the end of the hour long show, only 10% of the stock had gone. I wonder if that means they really do have a huge stock, or not many were sold.
Probably everyone who wants one and can afford it has one.

They were not a good price either and re-conditioned and older models...not much going for them really!

They're only one generation behind. But, yes, not particularly good value.

Ideal World: £359.99 + £1 P&P for a refurbished iPad 3 with 16GBytes of memory.

Currys/PCWorld are flogging them for £315 with free P&P.

The only advantage Ideal World seems to have is that their offering comes with a 14 day money back guarantee.

Interestingly, IW's iPads are running iOS6, whereas the Currys/PCWorld ones are running iOS5. Presumably 5 to 6 is a free upgrade.

Fixing iThings is notoriously difficult and expensive. So, presumably, the devices with the least damage are chosen for resale; having their memory wiped and reset beforehand. Not much refurbishment happens.

Were they Apple refurbished or someone else?
I have bought Apple certified refurbished and they look like new and come with 12 months Apple warranty.
Not sure i would buy from another company that refurbished the,
The iphone they sold was refurbished by another company.

They're only one generation behind. But, yes, not particularly good value.

Interestingly, IW's iPads are running iOS6, whereas the Currys/PCWorld ones are running iOS5. Presumably 5 to 6 is a free upgrade.

That's my point - they are older models and not cheap, so no incentive to get one over the new iPad.

All iOS updates are free.

I have bought Apple certified refurbished and they look like new and come with 12 months Apple warranty.

Most likely from another company.

No reason to think they would be bad though - most items classed as refurbs are just returns that have been cleaned and boxed up again. So they wold be fine to buy just expensive.

I think someone else.

If they were Apple refurbs they would probably have specifically said that. They also mentioned that iPads may have some cosmetic marks on them. Are 'official' refurbs available from anyone other than Apple anyway?

Andy said IW's buyers had been through every single iPad to check that it was up to, erm, scratch. This also suggests they weren't Apple refurbs and, perhaps, that they didn't have many of them.

The iPads IW sold did come with twelve months warranty.

I'm not a fan of iThings. My phone and tablet are Android Nexus devices.

Genuine rip off price from a rip off company. You can get a genuine Apple refurbed model direct from Apple for £40 less!!! I know who I would rather buy from!

I don't know what planet IW are from...pay £40 more and get the latest model and brand spanking new! Idiots!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I seem to have to touch things 3 or 4 times before it takes any notice, especially on FB eg see more, read previous posts etc. And when I turn it on, I have to touch the slider about 5 times before it moves.

I seem to have to touch things 3 or 4 times before it takes any notice, especially on FB eg see more, read previous posts etc. And when I turn it on, I have to touch the slider about 5 times before it moves.

If there is one near you I'd recommend getting an appointment at an Apple shop and seeing if they can help you with it as it does sound unusual.

Also, most of my yahoo emails are unreadable with the words huge and jumbled up on top of each other

My friend had the same problem touching it but it but did get used to it so stick with it.

With regards to email are you using the mail app or using Safari to access your email?

PJ

ETA there's an official Yahoo Mail for iPad app which maybe of help. There maybe a fault with touch screen worth checking with Apple.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back