Help and advice please

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Susie Wusie

Registered Shopper
Hi, I ordered a steam generator iron on May 5th, yesterday it broke, it no longer creates any steam. I rung CS today and asked for it to be collected and a refund given. I have been told that as l have had it for more than a month l cannot have a refund. As this is not of merchantable quality l am appalled, does sanyone know the legal position of this please, l do not want it repaired or replaced as l have no faith in this product now.
:angry:

you will probably get differing answers to this. But just by looking online and doing some research you are entitled to a refund or replacement as the item is faulty, but im not sure if the retailer is obliged to give a refund rather than a replacement. the citizens advice consumer line should be able to clarify

This is where QVC Customer Service excels - in my experience, problems with electrical items during first 12 months of purchase from QVC - a choice of a new replacement if in stock or a full refund is usually offered.

I would contact Citizen's Advice, as already suggested, to confirm your rights with the faulty item from Ideal World. Good luck.

I would say that was rubbish!

Did you ring the UK number?

My halogen oven broke after 10 months or so.

I rang the UK number (found via SayNo) and they said a courier would collect the next day...........

"Oh yeah"??????

And blow me down, they did!

Refund given shortly after.

And after a 2nd call from me, the original P&P was refunded too!

I would usually say IW CS were rubbish, but in this particular case, they were very good.

Like the others have said ring the Uk number , Also post on there Fb page as this will get there attention. You should have a years guarantee so for it to only last just over a month is pathetic.

Latest posts

Back