As requested: Happy shoppers post here.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Hillary

Registered Shopper
I have had: great duvet, sheets, T shirts, shoes and DVD's. Admittedly in the past, but I have high hopes that things, as they are now, will improve and we will get back to the good old days.

I have mentioned it previously but Panjaban is a top quality product, and excellent value too!

But other than that it's been quite some time since I have been enticed enough to order anything else from the channels, which is a shame. I was sort of tempted to try the £99 stand mixer, until Chris Birkett did a disastrous demonstration and broke it.

I purchased some solar lights (12 pack) recently & was very happy with them, I intend to buy the Yonnanas & maybe another tablet next.

Ok, only the good stuff I've bought.....big colour changing xmas baubles, yarvik tablet, set of coloured steak knives, dresses, Liz Taylor diamonds and Emeralds, Possibility bath stuff, Sen skincare, miners make up, Christin Lars watch for hubby, diamond collection watch, set of kitchen containers with interchangeable lids, costume jewellery, blue magic, jumpers, hoodies, walterglas vase, crystal tealight holders. There's probably more, in fact I'm sure there's more!

Only thing bought recently SEN skincare - in the past lots, including many years ago best shopping telly product ever , a champagne cork remover and champagne saver.

I got a Yohanas from Bid. It was the one and only time it was on free p&p therefore I really consider it was a bargain compared to the prices on other online retailers.

I forgot in my original post. I've had some lovely dress rings from them in the past and they are still going strong now.

Actually I quite fancy Yonanas too, I forgot about that!

We should have taken the plunge and now its too late they have been out of stock for a while :sad: my sister purchased one from Argos a few weeks ago (for £59.99) and she loves it, I hope Bid get it back on. I can't find a UK retailer that sells it for around the same price Bid did, only refurbished ones. Ahh well there's a few new ones on ebay for auction... back to the last second bidding again I come :devil:

p.s I purchased that exercise (abbs) piece of equipment last night for £4.99, obviously not received it yet but I must say the price was fab.

Last edited:
We should have taken the plunge and now its too late they have been out of stock for a while :sad: my sister purchased one from Argos a few weeks ago (for £59.99) and she loves it, I hope Bid get it back on. I can't find a UK retailer that sells it for around the same price Bid did, only refurbished ones. Ahh well there's a few new ones on ebay for auction... back to the last second bidding again I come :devil:

Mr M you're a star! I didn't know Argos stocked them, I have had £80 of vouchers sitting around for a while now.

Yonanas here I come!

Actually I quite fancy Yonanas too, I forgot about that!

i wish they would make a 'cheap Chinese version' of this product. like they used to with the MP3 players and other stuff. i like the idea of it but the price is far too high.

I have purchased almost too much to remember. lots of bags. perfume and gift sets over the years. i bought the Yarvik 7 inch tablet which is suburb. the 9 in 1 cooker is absolutely fab and i would recommend it to anyone for the price. the gener8 steam gun/mop is very good although the gun takes a while to build up steam and is never as powerful as an actual steam gun. The lift and move is a great product. i have looked on their website for the gutter hedgehog i got last year but they dont stock it any more, that is a fab buy. The blue magic is just amazing and lasts forever! The Panjaban sauces are suburb although i ordered from their own website. The waterless wax is well worth the money and according my other half better than the expensive ones hes paid a fortune for.

LOVE the Avatar! well done for having a sense of humour

Thanks, I think we all have on here. And let's face it, we have needed one this last year or so to keep watching this suite of shopping channels!

I see you bought a Yarvik Tablet, did it have a full suite of Microsoft Office on it like James Russell claimed, twice? :wink: (complaint Upheld for Misleading Advertising, Substantiation and Exaggeration).

I don't think I was being petty raising that little 'mistake' :grin:

Last edited:
Thanks, I think we all have on here. And let's face it, we have needed one this last year or so to keep watching this suite of shopping channels!

I see you bought a Yarvik Tablet, did it have a full suite of Microsoft Office on it like James Russell claimed, twice? :wink: (complaint Upheld for Misleading Advertising, Substantiation and Exaggeration).

I don't think I was being petty raising that little 'mistake' :grin:

Nope lol. he must have big feet as hes always putting them 'in it' lol. its a great little gadget though the Yarvik. quick. easy to use. packed with features and made really well. it feels solid and quality. for the price i think i got a bargain!

Nope lol. he must have big feet as hes always putting them 'in it' lol. its a great little gadget though the Yarvik. quick. easy to use. packed with features and made really well. it feels solid and quality. for the price i think i got a bargain!

I got a tablet from Ideal World (Go Tab) of similar spec to the Yarvik and for what it is it's very good.

What annoyed me most about Sit Up was their defence of the 'Microsoft Office' complaint I made against them. I accept anyone can make a mistake but genuinely, their defence was completely and utterly spurious and that is being generous. Thankfully the ASA were having none of it whatsoever but it's that type of behaviour that could explain the sometimes hostile attitude towards them on here.

It's of their own making, it really is. I hope you can understand that as everyone on here just wants an honest and candid sale, nothing more. Too often, in fact way too often, has that simply not happened. I do concede that there has been some big improvements though but there's still some way to go.

Last edited:
I got a tablet from Ideal World (Go Tab) of similar spec to the Yarvik and for what it is it's very good.

What annoyed me most about Sit Up was their defence of the 'Microsoft Office' complaint I made against them. I accept anyone can make a mistake but genuinely, their defence was completely and utterly spurious and that is being generous. Thankfully the ASA were having none of it whatsoever but it's that type of behaviour that could explain the sometimes hostile attitude towards them on here.

It's of their own making, it really is. I hope you can understand that as everyone on here just wants an honest and candid sale, nothing more. Too often, in fact way too often, has that simply not happened. I do concede that there has been some big improvements though but there's still some way to go.

I think shopping television by its very nature is going to exaggerate the brilliance of products. its sewn into their genes. they are going to get outrageously excited about something quite average because at the end of the day how else are they going to sell it? if all they are going to do is give you the features and benefits they might as well stick it on a shelf in a shop somewhere.
Shopping TV as long as i can remember has been over the top excitement, exaggerated reactions. passionate responses and fake grins from ear to ear. unfortunately that collection of ingredients can become toxic if not properly supervised. and i suspect that was the case here. But i genuinely feel they are one of the better channels now. they are bordering on the ridiculous at times with their 'compliance' and are doing things beyond what other channels are doing. yes i think you can 'nit - pick' with certain things but on the whole you have to admit there is nothing misleading about these channels now. we can point to the past but surely its better to point to the future?

I think shopping television by its very nature is going to exaggerate the brilliance of products. its sewn into their genes. they are going to get outrageously excited about something quite average because at the end of the day how else are they going to sell it? if all they are going to do is give you the features and benefits they might as well stick it on a shelf in a shop somewhere.
Shopping TV as long as i can remember has been over the top excitement, exaggerated reactions. passionate responses and fake grins from ear to ear. unfortunately that collection of ingredients can become toxic if not properly supervised. and i suspect that was the case here. But i genuinely feel they are one of the better channels now. they are bordering on the ridiculous at times with their 'compliance' and are doing things beyond what other channels are doing. yes i think you can 'nit - pick' with certain things but on the whole you have to admit there is nothing misleading about these channels now. we can point to the past but surely its better to point to the future?

I agree with much of what you say but answer me this, if you don't mind. Do you think the improvements seen over the last six months would have happened if people hadn't taken a stand, even if some of the complaints don't seem that serious to some?

I don't. In my opinion they would still be telling blatant lies about Jean Paul DuPont, repeatedly calling gold plated jewellery 'gold' and urging people to buy nine, £1 items 'for just £9' and saying 'where else could you buy nine items and still get change from a tenner' when in fact it would cost you well over £80 for the privilege.

There have been some truly scandalous sales on these channels during this past year. Thankfully, because people have been if you like, petty, the situation is now much, much better.

I agree with much of what you say but answer me this, if you don't mind. Do you think the improvements seen over the last six months would have happened if people hadn't taken a stand, even if some of the complaints don't seem that serious to some?

I don't. In my opinion they would still be telling blatant lies about Jean Paul DuPont, repeatedly calling gold plated jewellery 'gold' and urging people to buy nine, £1 items 'for just £9' and saying 'where else could you buy nine items and still get change from a tenner' when in fact it would cost you well over £80 for the privilege.

There have been some truly scandalous sales on these channels during this past year. Thankfully, because people have been if you like, petty, the situation is now much, much better.

Any form of change require a catalyst. so well done.but you have to ask yourself what you want to achieve? significant change? well that seems to be in the bag. or do you want something more? to beat them into oblivion so they disappear from our screens? I think there comes a point where you have to rub your hands together and say 'job done'. unless of course the thrill of the battle has become addictive and more satisfying than the victory itself?

Latest posts

Back