Travel mug...please help

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

merryone

Registered Shopper
Oh is always moaning about the price of coffee on the go, especially when using the railway, so I did the decent thing and bought him a thermal travel mug, not a cheap one, but a good quality branded one complete with a handle, however I soon noticed that he wasn't bothering to use it. When I asked him, he sheepishly admitted that he doesn't like drinking out of metal or plastic, and I ended up having the travel mug for myself. Then much to my delight, I noticed the shops literally flooded with ceramic travel mugs and they were reasonably priced too. I bought him one, he used it, but then said he found that the stretchy silicone lid allowed the contents to cool down too quickly probably 'cause they had a hole to drink through, and he preferred having a handle...fussy sod! Anyway I found a shop in town selling mostly travel mugs and to me delight again I found ceramic travel mugs not only with handles, but a proper snap on insulated lid with a proper closure not just a little hole in which heat can escape through, and liquid can easily spill from...Picked one up, but on the way to the till I could see it wasn't actually insulated...it was just a regular mug with a lid on...How pointless is that...all the beaker style ones were double walled!

I looked on line and have found travel mugs with ceramic interiors, but the bit you put up to you lips is still either metal or plastic, so no good.

Is there such a thing as a ceramic double walled travel mug with a handle, and lid that can be closed so that liquid and heat won't escape? Seems nuts to me!

Thanks, the last one's the best, still don't think it would satisfy his lordship cause the lid looks too flimsy, but thanks for looking out for me. Think he's just gonna put up with paying for coffee on the go! And whilst on the subject of coffee why, is it only just now that manufactures of kettles are producing products that don't just boil the water..you can have different temperatures depending on what drink you're making?

Thanks, the last one's the best, still don't think it would satisfy his lordship cause the lid looks too flimsy, but thanks for looking out for me. Think he's just gonna put up with paying for coffee on the go! And whilst on the subject of coffee why, is it only just now that manufactures of kettles are producing products that don't just boil the water..you can have different temperatures depending on what drink you're making?

I hope your pernickety partner finds a mug that suits. I have had a multi-temperature kettle for some years now, it saved my personal hygiene recently when my central heating boiler decided to stop working! It is really useful and I just hope when this one breaks down I will definitely buy another one that does the same!

Sounds to me like your OH just wants to have a wingeup. He will probably complain about the weight of the ceramic one.

Actually I'm a very fussy as well - but for a totally different reason TEA, I only drink tea - trying to get a nice mug with a lid is nigh on impossible..... metal, plastic and silicone make tea taste awful - so it would have to be ceramic, you are quite right you cannot buy one with a ceramic lid.... unless you lovely people can show me otherwise - not fussed about handles tho lol!!

wow, just noticed the date on this thread - 6 months ago. I remember reading this at the time and looking for ceramic, insulated, handled mugs with lids and it only seemed like a few weeks ago.

Doesn't time fly?

Latest posts

Back