He's back!!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

deedee

Mike Monroe/Marilyn Mason
Well, Peter Simon is back, I watched him for about an hour last night and I made the following observations:

First of all the opening 'monologue' was nothing like they were before, it was short, contained very little rambling and minimal filth.
Next I noticed he said he 'had' to take a break - whether that was a personal need or a corporate need I'm not sure!
My biggest observation was that he seemed to be concise and to the point, he gave factual information about the products (mostly jewellery)
He also worked very hard to get his words right and mention P&P and phone call etc.
I couldn't get over the difference in what I saw last night to what I saw a few weeks ago. I'll hold my hands up and say that I've been one of the biggest Peter Simon bashers on this forum but I'm big enough to give credit where it's due.
I don't know what the rest of his shift was like but what I watched I enjoyed and smiled at some of the humour whereas I normally cringe and recoil and find him repulsively revolting (yeah, I know that's tautology!!)
Maybe he had some retraining while he was off but whatever it is it's an improvement and I really hope he continues to improve because, for me, the difference once again shows that change can happen.
Come on Pete, keep it up.

.....Ooh let's hope so. I couldn't have taken much more of his filthy and unfunny innuendo, and his dribbling food everywhere! Onwards and upwards Peter!

Well, Peter Simon is back, I watched him for about an hour last night and I made the following observations:

First of all the opening 'monologue' was nothing like they were before, it was short, contained very little rambling and minimal filth.
Next I noticed he said he 'had' to take a break - whether that was a personal need or a corporate need I'm not sure!
My biggest observation was that he seemed to be concise and to the point, he gave factual information about the products (mostly jewellery)
He also worked very hard to get his words right and mention P&P and phone call etc.
I couldn't get over the difference in what I saw last night to what I saw a few weeks ago. I'll hold my hands up and say that I've been one of the biggest Peter Simon bashers on this forum but I'm big enough to give credit where it's due.
I don't know what the rest of his shift was like but what I watched I enjoyed and smiled at some of the humour whereas I normally cringe and recoil and find him repulsively revolting (yeah, I know that's tautology!!)
Maybe he had some retraining while he was off but whatever it is it's an improvement and I really hope he continues to improve because, for me, the difference once again shows that change can happen.
Come on Pete, keep it up.

That is great to hear :)

PJ.

His opening monologue speech tonight was just about as smutty as you can get. Good to see he hasn't changed :D "Pop it in Pete" the postman was the character of today's story.

well i thought his 1st night was pretty much the same really, giving us the wonderful insight into....
'RUSSIAN diopside which is mostly found in...... RUSSIA'
you dont say Peter....

O and he also said that the Incas lived in North America.. Thanks for the geography lesson Peter ha ha

I hear you all talking about Peter Simon's "smut", and I usually ignore it. But I have to say that double entendre and mild innuendo (some of which doesn't make sense) is hardly smut. The closest thing you get to smut is him kissing the cheeks of the assistant *looks to side camera*.

I hear you all talking about Peter Simon's "smut", and I usually ignore it. But I have to say that double entendre and mild innuendo (some of which doesn't make sense) is hardly smut. The closest thing you get to smut is him kissing the cheeks of the assistant *looks to side camera*.

Ok then... "Smutty innuendo". I don't think he is usually as bad as tonight.... its almost as if he saw this thread & decided to have a laugh.
Personally I don't mind it, I don't find it funny nor entertaining so I usually just tune in at 10:05 to see the deal of the day after he's finished. I don't think that smutty innuendo to that extent belongs on a shopping channel but if others do then fair play to him, each to their own as everybody has different tastes.

Last edited:
Well if Peter Simon is your definition of 'smutty' the big wide world must be a terrifying place for you. Other than Mary Whitehouse 50 years ago I can't imagine any human being being offended by this style of 'end if the pier 1960's hunour' !there are cartoons more 'Smutty' than Peter simon. Pop it in Pete? Oh good lord! Cover my ears and rush me to church!
Innuendo? What at just 10pm?? On a shopping channel?? Somebody catch me!!

Pete is accused of having a dated act that is ripped from 1970's. ironically The reaction to it by this forum is ripped from the 1950's lol.

Well if Peter Simon is your definition of 'smutty' the big wide world must be a terrifying place for you. Other than Mary Whitehouse 50 years ago I can't imagine any human being being offended by this style of 'end if the pier 1960's hunour' !there are cartoons more 'Smutty' than Peter simon. Pop it in Pete? Oh good lord! Cover my ears and rush me to church!

Pete is accused of having a dated act that is ripped from 1970's. ironically The reaction to it by this forum is ripped from the 1950's lol.

watched the opening tonight

i just knew somebody on here would call it smutty

it was nothing of the sort, harmless and not particularly funny

infact steve mcdonald often made similar "jokes" in the same time slot when covering peter and there was not one post

It was smutty innuendo you can't deny that from his 3 or 4 minute ramblings, to what extent is open to interpretation of each viewer. Like I say I don't mind it & usually just don't tune in until its finished as I find it boring and not something I want to watch on a "Shopping channel".
Perhaps he's just not my cup of tea, I've been to see some extreme comedians such as Frankie Boyle and Lisa Lampanelli.... even Chubby brown (once was enough) so I know what Smut really is. My problem isn't the level of smut.. but does it really belong on a shopping channel?

watched the opening tonight

i just knew somebody on here would call it smutty

Of course it was "smutty" innuendo.... that was the whole point of his boring tale. It was hardly factual was it?

Ok then... "Smutty innuendo". I don't think he is usually as bad as tonight.... its almost as if he saw this thread & decided to have a laugh.
Personally I don't mind it, I don't find it funny nor entertaining so I usually just tune in at 10:05 to see the deal of the day after he's finished. I don't think that smutty innuendo to that extent belongs on a shopping channel but if others do then fair play to him, each to their own as everybody has different tastes.

When you say "smut", I would think that you meant it was vulgar - which it certainly isn't. It's just an exaggeration of what's really going on.

I think he can be revolting, even creepy, for a shopping channel but this is Sit Up, they don't tend to conform to the norm. Even Andy Hodgson has commented before now on a Sunday afternoon when he handed over to DP to do a preview. I remember once Andy just stared at the camera in silence and then said something like 'that's what you have to look forward to'.

If anyone didn't find his sale of the massager with Helen Bates incredibly smutty, and early on a Sunday evening, then heaven knows what get's discussed at the dinner tables of Britain. It takes all sorts I suppose. I haven't heard him tell the tale about the fireman's gushing hose for a while :yawn: I guess the easy answer is don't watch him, I rarely do anymore.

I think the problem is he seems to forget he isn't on 'Proper TV' anymore, like say a comedy show. If he was he could say what he likes for me. But he isn't alone, remember what Mike Mason said to Kiri before 7pm about her breasts? She even had to remind him it wasn't 9pm, it was beyond inappropriate but when you hire cheap I suppose you have to expect those kind of things.

Mind you, this is the guy who also thinks it's highly amusing to joke about knocking out women with over the counter medications :eek: Heaven knows what Andy must really think of them.

Last edited:
I think he can be revolting, even creepy, for a shopping channel but this is Sit Up, they don't tend to conform to the norm. Even Andy Hodgson has commented before now on a Sunday afternoon when he handed over to DP to do a preview. I remember once Andy just stared at the camera in silence and then said something like 'that's what you have to look forward to'.

If anyone didn't find his sale of the massager with Helen Bates incredibly smutty, and early on a Sunday evening, then heaven knows what get's discussed at the dinner tables of Britain. It takes all sorts I suppose. I haven't heard him tell the tale about the fireman's gushing hose for a while :yawn: I guess the easy answer is don't watch him, I rarely do anymore.

I think the problem is he seems to forget he isn't on 'Proper TV' anymore, like say a comedy show. If he was he could say what he likes for me. But he isn't alone, remember what Mike Mason said to Kiri before 7pm about her breasts? She even had to remind him it wasn't 9pm, it was beyond inappropriate but when you hire cheap I suppose you have to expect those kind of things.

Mind you, this is the guy who also thinks it's highly amusing to joke about knocking out women with over the counter medications :eek: Heaven knows what Andy must really think of them.

I find all this really confusing. why would somebody who is so easily offended (if you are offended by peter Simon you ARE easily offended) go out of their way to watch a show that they KNOW is going to offend them, just so they can rush and complain about on an internet forum?

Its such a strange and slightly masochistic decision! you have a wealth of channels to choose from that you know WONT offend you. yet YOU CHOOSE to watch the one that you KNOW will offend you? i can only draw one conclusion and that is that you must LIKE being offended. or at least some part of it! maybe its peer pressure? everyone else is watching to be offended so you go and watch in order to be offended too? maybe its mob rule and you feel compelled? or maybe its that very British thing that we just love having something to moan about?

What ever the reason you clearly LIKE being offended other wise you wouldn't watch. But im curious as to how far you will stretch your own tolerance levels in order to have a topic of discussion or a complaint to get your teeth into.

did you go online and watch the video of Sadam Hussian being executed? did you go out of you way to listen to the Jonathan Ross and Russell Brand show after you heard in the media it was offensive?

where do you draw the line?

I find all this really confusing. why would somebody who is so easily offended (if you are offended by peter Simon you ARE easily offended) go out of their way to watch a show that they KNOW is going to offend them, just so they can rush and complain about on an internet forum?

Its such a strange and slightly masochistic decision! you have a wealth of channels to choose from that you know WONT offend you. yet YOU CHOOSE to watch the one that you KNOW will offend you? i can only draw one conclusion and that is that you must LIKE being offended. or at least some part of it! maybe its peer pressure? everyone else is watching to be offended so you go and watch in order to be offended too? maybe its mob rule and you feel compelled? or maybe its that very British thing that we just love having something to moan about?

What ever the reason you clearly LIKE being offended other wise you wouldn't watch. But im curious as to how far you will stretch your own tolerance levels in order to have a topic of discussion or a complaint to get your teeth into.

did you go online and watch the video of Sadam Hussian being executed? did you go out of you way to listen to the Jonathan Ross and Russell Brand show after you heard in the media it was offensive?

where do you draw the line?

I would politely draw your attention to where I say, quote 'I guess the easy answer is don't watch him, I rarely do anymore'.

I hope that answers your query, and I thank you for your comments.

And for the record I haven't ever watched a video of Sadam Hussian being executed. I doubt anyone has.

Last edited:
Sorry Wirral I didn't mean to use your quote with my post as it wasn't directed at you it was a general observation. As for the Sadam video. Incredibly it has been watched by millions of people who have created thousands of pages of posts about how offended they are?

I didn't see his return show but what he says is smutty. If it was innuendo that's one thing, but what he says isn't just rude, it is bizzare. Just because it is after the watrshed doesn't make it right. It is a shopping channel not a commedy show. It is not appropriate for this channel any time of day. Don't forget even when PS does the early shift he can be just as smutty then. Watch Julian Clairy pre watershed. He says stuff which has a double meaning but innocent minds wouldn't think anything of it. You may not agree but I and others think his 'humour' has no place on shopping telly.

PJ

Bingowings sounds like Mark Stewart. I caught you out mark stewart.One of peters mates is on.

Bingowings sounds like Mark Stewart. I caught you out mark stewart.One of peters mates is on.

keep taking the medication Adam

Andy who i am a big fan of has just made a joke about stroking charlie charlestons cock

if that isnt smutty and at 3pm i dont no what is

no posts about that though

Latest posts

Back