Bijan VIP Perfume

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Was this the one in the odd-shaped bottle about which Peter Sherlock said "they (the manufacturers I presume) really didn't want this one going anywhere near the shopping channels"?

Roughly translated "they didn't want the brand name tarnished when people discover they've paid three times over the odds for it?"

Me thinks the two Peter's might have been exaggerating, tutt tutt.

The ASA have a particular dislike of that :wink:

Didn't there used to be a 'cut-price' supermarket chain called Bejams? Maybe they diversified into cheap scents

Didn't there used to be a 'cut-price' supermarket chain called Bejams? Maybe they diversified into cheap scents

I remember Bejam!

From what I can see Bijan has some decent reviews but where on earth they got the 'it should have gone for £34.99' line from is beyond me.

I guess it just goes to show that old habits are still hard to break, for some. But we can help them with that problem, I hope they don't think we have all gone away for the summer :happy:

we were watching this remarkable bargain yesterday and had to laugh at St.Peter Simon going mad and pulling manic faces
and making very strange mock surprise noises..... Peter Sherlock actually said something like, we are actually waiting for the
phone call from Bijan to tell us to take it off the air as it is going so cheap!
so, after hearing this we too had a look on Google and also discovered it for under £8 with free p & p.
yet another rip off

we were watching this remarkable bargain yesterday and had to laugh at St.Peter Simon going mad and pulling manic faces
and making very strange mock surprise noises..... Peter Sherlock actually said something like, we are actually waiting for the
phone call from Bijan to tell us to take it off the air as it is going so cheap!
so, after hearing this we too had a look on Google and also discovered it for under £8 with free p & p.
yet another rip off

I didn't see the sale so can only go by what I have read (which I have no reason to doubt) but it sounds like Bid at it's worst.

It's almost as if they cannot help themselves.

Classic bid selling it this afternoon....

If they knew we were selling it.... Im living in fear!

Its 39.99... an amazing price

.....21.99 its such an amazing deal for you

Its so exclusive, its such an exclusive fragrance it will transform you into another realm

This is the chance to grab it when you normally wouldn't be able too.

It ended up at £14.99 + £7.99p&p.

He also said something about Harrods & Selfridges but couldn't quite catch it all.

Last edited:
Classic bid selling it this afternoon....

If they knew we were selling it.... Im living in fear!

Its 39.99... an amazing price

.....21.99 its such an amazing deal for you

Its so exclusive, its such an exclusive fragrance it will transform you into another realm

This is the chance to grab it when you normally wouldn't be able too.

It ended up at £14.99 + £7.99p&p.

He also said something about Harrods & Selfridges but couldn't quite catch it all.

I wonder what he meant? I had a quick look but neither Harrods or Selfridges seem to sell it, which surprises me. Do Debenhams stock it?

Ryes and Sherlock selling perfume together reminds me of Hinge & Bracket.

hinge.jpg

Last edited:
Bijan vip fragrance

Bijan fragrance shocked face Sherlock flogging for 19.99 plus the usuals. One click on Amazon 8.60 including postage. Not a lot you can say.

Bijan fragrance shocked face Sherlock flogging for 19.99 plus the usuals. One click on Amazon 8.60 including postage. Not a lot you can say.

Obviously they can charge what the punter is prepared to pay, even if we know it seems steep. The problem I have is they seem to be suggesting this product is perhaps rather 'higher end' than it actually is because, as you kindly pointed out, it is sold in all manner of discount outlets and at very low prices.

But to be honest if anyone thinks that is a luxury product they must be crazy. Just look at the bottle, not to mention the box which looks like it was printed with a 1995 Epson Inkjet!

Right!!!

I REALLY FEEL THE NEED TO EXPLAIN!

I worked in London stores in the 90s when the Bijan fragrances were some of the hottest ones around. I didn't know until this thread that you could buy them elsewhere _ it's Beauty Week and we've been mad busy. There is an argument that we explain the fragrances and the GENUINELY GLAMOROUS history of the brand....... it was real excitement and actually I shall continue to be excited about these fragrances

Right!!!

I REALLY FEEL THE NEED TO EXPLAIN!

I worked in London stores in the 90s when the Bijan fragrances were some of the hottest ones around. I didn't know until this thread that you could buy them elsewhere _ it's Beauty Week and we've been mad busy. There is an argument that we explain the fragrances and the GENUINELY GLAMOROUS history of the brand....... it was real excitement and actually I shall continue to be excited about these fragrances

The genuinely glamorous 'Bijan' can be bought elsewhere Peter, it just seems it can't be bought in genuinely glamorous stores but the good news is you can forget spending £34.99 as Dirty Peter suggested, you should get enough change from a tenner to also buy a couple of bottles of 'Expose' False Tan from Poundland :wink:

Nokia phones used to be some of the hottest around in the 90's. They're not now :giggle:

1990s.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back