Am I going mad?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Goodluckifyageddit

Registered Shopper
I know I'm a latecomer to the forum, but I've done my fair share of Bid-bashing in the past few months...however in light of recent posts on here, I've begun to sense a feeling of bonhomie and goodwill towards the channel and all the presenters spreading through my very loins....the failure to mention p & p, telephone charges, carat weights, the passing off of gold tone as real gold, the stopping of countdown clocks at the last millisecond to encourage people to waste phone calls, the voucher scams, etc, etc, etc....perhaps it was all a bad dream and didn't really happen...does anyone feel the same way in light of all the good news about Bid that has appeared here recently?

I know I'm a latecomer to the forum, but I've done my fair share of Bid-bashing in the past few months...however in light of recent posts on here, I've begun to sense a feeling of bonhomie and goodwill towards the channel and all the presenters spreading through my very loins....the failure to mention p & p, telephone charges, carat weights, the passing off of gold tone as real gold, the stopping of countdown clocks at the last millisecond to encourage people to waste phone calls, the voucher scams, etc, etc, etc....perhaps it was all a bad dream and didn't really happen...does anyone feel the same way in light of all the good news about Bid that has appeared here recently?

Oh it wasn't a bad dream, it all happened.

I just think people acknowledge there has been an improvement but you don't have to look too hard for the old traits to be exhibited. Monday afternoons, Thursday, Friday and Saturday late's and Sunday Evenings are probably the most likely place you'll find them.

Like saying cheapo £8 fragrance is worth £35.

you only have to read one post to see people do!this was a good post on the qvc forum i was just browsing

"Today, 08:27 AM #29 Huggles
VIP Shopper
Post Thanks / Like

Familiarity breeds contempt, if the QVC presenters are so irritating it's time to step away."

Oh it wasn't a bad dream, it all happened.

I just think people acknowledge there has been an improvement but you don't have to look too hard for the old traits to be exhibited. Monday afternoons, Thursday, Friday and Saturday late's and Sunday Evenings are probably the most likely place you'll find them.

Like saying cheapo £8 fragrance is worth £35.

Totally agree with you, I think the improvement has been great... but there's now just one presenter that simply is letting the team down. I feel sorry for some of the other presenters who no doubt will be worried about their jobs if Ofcom hit the company hard. Hopefully the good presenters have been given assurances.

It happened alright but there has been improvement and I think, on this forum, we all give credit where it's due.

It happened alright but there has been improvement and I think, on this forum, we all give credit where it's due.

Indeed Momma, despite what certain people claim on here the many improvements made over the last few months have been widely acknowledged. However, where we see fault it will be challenged.

It's as simple as that.

I know I'm a latecomer to the forum, but I've done my fair share of Bid-bashing in the past few months...however in light of recent posts on here, I've begun to sense a feeling of bonhomie and goodwill towards the channel and all the presenters spreading through my very loins....the failure to mention p & p, telephone charges, carat weights, the passing off of gold tone as real gold, the stopping of countdown clocks at the last millisecond to encourage people to waste phone calls, the voucher scams, etc, etc, etc....perhaps it was all a bad dream and didn't really happen...does anyone feel the same way in light of all the good news about Bid that has appeared here recently?[/QUOTE

Bid have improved unrecognisably and are without a doubt the MOST compliant shopping channel around. their is certainly lots of good will towards them from many. but still the same tiresome and predictable venom from others. alas some people are only happy when they are moaning.

I know I'm a latecomer to the forum, but I've done my fair share of Bid-bashing in the past few months...however in light of recent posts on here, I've begun to sense a feeling of bonhomie and goodwill towards the channel and all the presenters spreading through my very loins....the failure to mention p & p, telephone charges, carat weights, the passing off of gold tone as real gold, the stopping of countdown clocks at the last millisecond to encourage people to waste phone calls, the voucher scams, etc, etc, etc....perhaps it was all a bad dream and didn't really happen...does anyone feel the same way in light of all the good news about Bid that has appeared here recently?[/QUOTE

Bid have improved unrecognisably and are without a doubt the MOST compliant shopping channel around. their is certainly lots of good will towards them from many. but still the same tiresome and predictable venom from others. alas some people are only happy when they are moaning.

Bingo, you are an absolute star. The best thing to happen to this forum in ages!

Tiresome and Predictable Venom ha ha, genius. I think I love you :grin::grin::grin:

Bid have improved unrecognisably and are without a doubt the MOST compliant shopping channel around.

You don't really believe that do you? if they complied with ASA regulations they wouldn't have kept getting more upheld complaints... and ofcom getting involved.

You don't really believe that do you? if they complied with ASA regulations they wouldn't have kept getting more upheld complaints... and ofcom getting involved.

i would love to direct the attention and focus of this forum towards ideal world for a week. just as an experiment. and judge them in the same pedantic way that they judge bid!. i guarantee the asa will be busy. this entire forum scrutinises bid at present. desperately trying to eek out a complaint. not a sausage for ages. why? clean as a whistle!!

i would love to direct the attention and focus of this forum towards ideal world for a week. just as an experiment. and judge them in the same pedantic way that they judge bid!. i guarantee the asa will be busy. this entire forum scrutinises bid at present. desperately trying to eek out a complaint. not a sausage for ages. why? clean as a whistle!!

Bingo you can of course talk about Ideal World all you like, in the Ideal World Forum. Fill your boots kid!

But you seem to be kind of missing the point of a Bid forum. It's been created, for nothing more, than to talk about Bid.

Simple as that.

Ideal World now? It was Gems Tv you were gunning for last week

Bingo you can of course talk about Ideal World all you like, in the Ideal World Forum. Fill your boots kid!

But you seem to be kind of missing the point of a Bid forum. It's been created, for nothing more, than to talk about Bid.

Simple as that.

You dont think its valid to compare the misgivings of a SHOPPING CHANNEL with another SHOPPING CHANNEL?

You dont think its valid to compare the misgivings of a SHOPPING CHANNEL with another SHOPPING CHANNEL?

Not really, no. If you have any misgivings about Ideal World i'd politely suggest you post them in the Ideal World forum as that's where it's customers are likely to be. Someone else might have the same concerns.

I'm pretty certain that's where the moderators would expect you to post them too.

Latest posts

Back