Vivitar Vivicam 5119 - MacDonald's "Power" Hour

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Goodluckifyageddit

Registered Shopper
Gave it the big sell but conveniently forgot to mention throughout the entire pitch that it's a measly 5.1 Megapixel camera (not mentioned in the on-screen description either), with a tiny 1.8 inch screen. Went for around £26.50 all in. Looked like something out of the Ark. Surely only suitable for the stragglers who haven't entered the digital age yet. My 76-year-old Mum bought a Canon 15 Mp camera with massive screen and bags more features for £40 from Argos a few months back, and loves it - it's a lot more elegant than this clunky thing !

And hey look - you can get the Vivitar on Amazon for £19.99 post-free - pity the reviewer says the instructions are unintelligble, the batteries and SD card are hard to load, and they consider it worth less than a fiver...:sad:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0088ZCEJY/?tag=shoppingcom03-21

Note to Bid/Price Drop - stop selling this ancient Vivitar sh*te and invest in some up-to-date technology !

Last edited:
Looks like another brand that went bankrupt and the name was sold to a cheap company. Not the first brand to have such a history on bid eh.

Looks like another brand that went bankrupt and the name was sold to a cheap company. Not the first brand to have such a history on bid eh.

I was wondering if that was the case as I some really amazing quality camera lenses that I still use these days on my dslr (mf).

Canon or Nikon are the best cameras these Vivitar cameras are kids cameras.

Canon or Nikon are the best cameras these Vivitar cameras are kids cameras.

Mines a canon but I like the old Vivitar lenses I got given (they are like £300 each on ebay) I use an adapter and have to use manual focus but get amazing results. As PJ says they have been sold so explains the poorer quality these days, such a shame really.

Does anyone know how much the E-ON Power Down Plug went for in the Power Hour? I only ask as E-ON regularly give them away in blocks of 50,000 for free (We got one last year but have never got around to using it). Currently they are available direct from E-ON for £5 with free P+P.

Edit:- I just found the closed auction. It went for £11.97 plus delivery, ouch!

https://www.eonshop.co.uk/ProductDetails.aspx?ProductCode=1100024&Category=PowerSavingAppliances

http://www.price-drop.tv/PreviousAuctionProductPage.aspx?Cat=6&SubCat=14&Offer=5399726

Last edited:
something goes for more on shopping tv shock

steve made no price claims so it was just supply and demand they flew out

something goes for more on shopping tv shock

steve made no price claims so it was just supply and demand they flew out

But shopping telly constantly tell us they care cheaper than bricks and mortar shops and other outlets. They only have themselves to blame for our expectations.

PJ.

But shopping telly constantly tell us they care cheaper than bricks and mortar shops and other outlets. They only have themselves to blame for our expectations.

PJ.

Seemed very steep to me, especially as it's often given away for free. I was surprised to even see it on sale really, I didn't think it was a generally retailed product as such.

But I guess you pays your money.................

did not on this product

maybe it would have gone lower infact it probably would they all sold out quicker than anything i have seen for a long while

Does anyone know how much the E-ON Power Down Plug went for in the Power Hour? I only ask as E-ON regularly give them away in blocks of 50,000 for free (We got one last year but have never got around to using it). Currently they are available direct from E-ON for £5 with free P+P.

Edit:- I just found the closed auction. It went for £11.97 plus delivery, ouch!

https://www.eonshop.co.uk/ProductDetails.aspx?ProductCode=1100024&Category=PowerSavingAppliances

http://www.price-drop.tv/PreviousAuctionProductPage.aspx?Cat=6&SubCat=14&Offer=5399726

Paul Evers just sold it for £4.99 so that's a bit better.

Back to the Vivitar camera - two words "false economy". They may be cheap, but that's ok if you want grainy photographs with wishy washy colours, or video playback that's blurry and full of distorted sound. Spend the extra and buy a decent camera, that's what I say!

Back to the Vivitar camera - two words "false economy". They may be cheap, but that's ok if you want grainy photographs with wishy washy colours, or video playback that's blurry and full of distorted sound. Spend the extra and buy a decent camera, that's what I say!

That reminds me of a little Camcorder I purchased for my niece (shes only 6 so only needed a cheapy) It was a AAWAVE one which cost about £25. We had a play about with it in the garden filming butterflies & flowers etc then when we played it back on the Tv all the colours of the flowers were different.. blue was red, yellow was white etc & the butterflies just looked like flying blobs lol. It was horrendous, funny thing is though... the images looked perfect on the mini screen whilst filming.

Steve said yesterday whilst selling the camera "...If you have an expensive camera but don't want to take it on holiday, this is for you..." So he made it out that it wasn't an amazing camera, but I was also thinking that surely holidays is one of the main reasons why most people would buy a camera anyway?

Latest posts

Back