The top ten of tat!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

merryone

Registered Shopper
Now what lovely things that Bid sell would you class as complete and utter tat! This is my list

1. Gold plated "fine jewellery" - Costume/Junk jewellery's fine

2. Anything with a LED bulb - They are Effing useless, might be okay for a meter cupboard, but anything else forget it

3. Any battery operated versions of something that would normally run off the mains

4. Crystals (As in jewellery - They are not precious, it is glass - end of)

5. Rosa Benini handbags - They might be leather, but they're made from bits rescued from the dustbin and tacked together by 5 year olds (well they look like they have)

6. Italian/swiss sounding watches

7. Cheapo unknown make up brands

8.Thomas brooks suits

9.Battery operated dusters/Potato peelers

10. Polyester bedding

Now what lovely things that Bid sell would you class as complete and utter tat! This is my list

1. Gold plated "fine jewellery" - Costume/Junk jewellery's fine

2. Anything with a LED bulb - They are Effing useless, might be okay for a meter cupboard, but anything else forget it

3. Any battery operated versions of something that would normally run off the mains

4. Crystals (As in jewellery - They are not precious, it is glass - end of)

5. Rosa Benini handbags - They might be leather, but they're made from bits rescued from the dustbin and tacked together by 5 year olds (well they look like they have)

6. Italian/swiss sounding watches

7. Cheapo unknown make up brands

8.Thomas brooks suits

9.Battery operated dusters/Potato peelers

10. Polyester bedding

Merry could I be cheeky and ask you to find space in your list of shame for my Tiffany Style Solar Powered Cockerel?

Tiffanyesque.jpg

Makes you wonder why anyone would spend their entire lives glued to this channel?

I'm fortunate bingo. I have a full social life but not everyone is so lucky. Some posters on here have illnesses which make it difficult for them to get out and about and lets face it, there's not much going on TV these days. It must be nice to tune in to the shopping channels, just to hear another voice and (in the past) have a good laugh. Please don't belittle them for watching and dare I say it? criticizing.

I am one of those who are less able bodied and some days find getting out and about difficult.
I have all ways watched shopping channels as you don't have to concentrate on them which when you are on high dose pain medication is a good thing!!
But I have found that over all the quality of the goods has gone down hill and the price has gone up.
I no longer buy from any of the channels other than Q but watch them all in turn.

I watch it for two reasons...the entertainment value - I actually enjoy hearing them comparing tat to the crown jewels (Just as long as they're not actually being misleading) Eg, this (cue, crappy beaded bracelet worth about 99p looks very regal etc), and believe it or not, to find things I might like to buy 'cause as most of us have said before, there's some good stuff but you have to wade through a lot of crap to find it!

get in merry! bingo is clearly completely insensitive to the many and varied reasons people have for watching these channels

Well i think you are completely insensitive to the people who ACTUALLY BUY from BID TV. you see. not all of us are doddering pensioners who have been duped into buying things like is often suggested. there are a great deal of people who actually like the products on BID. the products you take such pleasure in mocking. the LED lights, the plated jewellery and thomas brooks suits. the products who wouldn't touch with a barge pole!

Your comments about these products paint a pretty clear picture of your opinion of those who buy them.no doubt you think we are scum! i suspect this is why people who like the channel dont bother with this website. the stuck up pompous attitude of some makes them feel embarrassed and humiliated.

this is why i made this comment:

"Makes you wonder why anyone would spend their entire lives glued to this channel?"

Because i just cant understand why people with such a snobbish attitude would spend so much time watching a channel that sells products they wouldn't be seen dead in. it just strikes me as a bit twisted and dark. A mob of rich people looking down on the poor and then meeting up to poke fun at them. its a strange way to get your kicks in life.

oh for goodness sake bingo, knock that chip off your shoulder and get on with your life

Hi guys, for those that didn't know there is an ignore feature in the settings area of your account that blocks out posts from specified USERID's . Since beginning to use it last week my forum experience has been enhanced no end, it's just like the old days again :grin:

Hi guys, for those that didn't know there is an ignore feature in the settings area of your account that blocks out posts from specified USERID's . Since beginning to use it last week my forum experience has been enhanced no end, it's just like the old days again :grin:

this is a telling post.

oh for goodness sake bingo, knock that chip off your shoulder and get on with your life

No chip on my shoulder dear! im not the one watching a channel i hate that sells products i dont want just so a can complain about it to people i dont know. it would take a mighty big chip to get me to do that LOL

I am certainly NOT rich and would almost class my self as "poor" but this means I have to be even more discerning on where and when I spend what little spare money I have.
I want items that are going to last more than one season ,that can be used for several things but most of all I want VALUE FOR MONEY and some times that means spending a little bit more in the beginning. As my Granny used to say "buy cheap buy twice" and I think that is still a good maxim to shop by where every you are buying ,be it shopping T.V or on the high street

I think most of what they sell is tat imo. I watch it because I can't believe the tat they shift and how they shift it. I couldn't afford to shop with Bid, it's £10 before you've even bought anything.

I like value for money and don't mind paying a bit extra for quality which will last me some years.

When I watch QVC or Gems it's very easy to get tempted, not so with Bid for me :wonder:

Latest posts

Back