Oh Helen, talk about over the top

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Modelling a silver plate crystal pendant she said 'this is the kind of thing you see behind glass without a price tag'

It was £7.98 :giggle: and hardly sold

Ha Ha, Helen does come out with some whoppers!

Mr James was selling a rather lame looking 'Car Alarm' earlier that you fit to your steering wheel. There were no details either on screen or on the website as to the dB levels of the siren but he usefully explained 'it dosen't arf' make a racket'.

I think he sold 6 :giggle:

Ha Ha, Helen does come out with some whoppers!

Mr James was selling a rather lame looking 'Car Alarm' earlier that you fit to your steering wheel. There were no details either on screen or on the website as to the dB levels of the siren but he usefully explained 'it dosen't arf' make a racket'.

I think he sold 6 :giggle:

I'm sure.........the sort that people walk by and wonder where it's coming from and it's right there in front of them :giggle:

I'm sure.........the sort that people walk by and wonder where it's coming from and it's right there in front of them :giggle:

Momma, my Alarm Clock looked like it would make a bigger racket!

But at least he didn't suggest (like a certain modest presenter did when selling that crappy wireless house alarm) that you MIGHT get a discount on your insurance with it :giggle:

I'd politely suggest that you MIGHT NOT!

Modelling a silver plate crystal pendant she said 'this is the kind of thing you see behind glass without a price tag'

It was £7.98 :giggle: and hardly sold

This is an example of the sort of thing I love about watching shopping channels! We can see the stuff's complete trash, yet you'd think they were selling the crown flamin' jewels! As entertaining as they are, I do wish they would just say "look this is cheap n cheerful" and unlike the high street you won't find every fifth person you meet wearing the same thing, and that could apply to clothing and accessories too!
Look, this dress is great, even if it only lasts you one summer, it's not cost the earth...but no...This dress is all over the catwalks at the moment...it's very "Insert name of currently popular attractive celebrity here", so on trend...blah de blah..people will think you've spent a fortune ...agggh!

This is an example of the sort of thing I love about watching shopping channels! We can see the stuff's complete trash, yet you'd think they were selling the crown flamin' jewels! As entertaining as they are, I do wish they would just say "look this is cheap n cheerful" and unlike the high street you won't find every fifth person you meet wearing the same thing, and that could apply to clothing and accessories too!
Look, this dress is great, even if it only lasts you one summer, it's not cost the earth...but no...This dress is all over the catwalks at the moment...it's very "Insert name of currently popular attractive celebrity here", so on trend...blah de blah..people will think you've spent a fortune ...agggh!

I couldn't agree more Merry. I love it when they sell super tatt!

i want to join "team bates" as she calls it, but i can't bring myself to leave "team base reflex sound test sheet"

she sounds vunerable when presenting, i imagine brash to have been similar at first.

This is an example of the sort of thing I love about watching shopping channels

I don't. I'd like to see Bid selling some decent honest products rather than the tatty **** they peddle with their extortionate p&p and premium rate phone call charges. When you consider that they prey on vulnerable people who can't tell what is good quality and what isn't on a television screen then I don't see the selling tactics of television shopping channels like this (especially in the light of the 30+ complaints to the ASA) as a laughing matter at all.

i want to join "team bates" as she calls it, but i can't bring myself to leave "team base reflex sound test sheet"

she sounds vunerable when presenting, i imagine brash to have been similar at first.

When you join Team Bates you get a rank right from the lowly to the highest which of course is Master :p

PJ

Latest posts

Back