Oh Peter

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

joe69

Registered Shopper
I have read these forums for some while but Peter Simon tonight is something else.

Annick Goutal is a really prestiguous perfume house and to give this to Peter Simon to sell was ridiculous. He got the name wrong so many times - myrhh ardente became suddenly Marie Antoinette. Issey Miyake became a female several times. Why don't people correct him from the gallery?

Also his ridiculous assertion that 'we have taken a real hiding on this' is insulting to everyone's intelligence.

His monologues are embarassing and so unfunny. He really is car crash TV personified.

Plus he NEEDS to mention p and p and stop saying not only several times....

rant over.

I have read these forums for some while but Peter Simon tonight is something else.

Annick Goutal is a really prestiguous perfume house and to give this to Peter Simon to sell was ridiculous. He got the name wrong so many times - myrhh ardente became suddenly Marie Antoinette. Issey Miyake became a female several times. Why don't people correct him from the gallery?

Also his ridiculous assertion that 'we have taken a real hiding on this' is insulting to everyone's intelligence.

His monologues are embarassing and so unfunny. He really is car crash TV personified.

Plus he NEEDS to mention p and p and stop saying not only several times....

rant over.

I think it's fair to say he did stumble a bit with the perfumes, mind you at least they were high quality fragrances though. I have always suspected that many of his 'stumbles' are quite deliberate to hone his image as a bit of a bumbling fool.

But credit where it's due, I watched his jewellery sales (Diopside) and he was almost very good. In fact (as far as I could see) his descriptions were accurate although he did say they must be losing a fortune on one of the rings :yawn:

I think i'll pass on his suggestion of making pancakes in a microwave though, they don't sound very appealing to me :giggle:

Last edited:
i consider myself quite fair in my opinions towards individuals but "we have taken a real hiding" and "just buy it... just buy it" needs to stop... it's not a gameshow, stop treating it as such. Also i feel it's cheeky to imply that anyone is giving you a hiding when it costs them a minimum of a tenner usually, regardless of what is purchased.

also when you are reading the names from the scrolling... atleast match up the right name with the location. you already have these people believing they are your friends (probably) atleast show the courtesy of getting it right.

other than that i enjoy the opening monologue because it is awful, not as crude as gets made out at times.

Last edited:
i consider myself quite fair in my opinions towards individuals but "we have taken a real hiding" and "just buy it... just buy it" needs to stop... it's not a gameshow, stop treating it as such. Also i feel it's cheeky to imply that anyone is giving you a hiding when it costs them a minimum of a tenner usually, regardless of what is purchased.

also when you are reading the names from the scrolling... atleast match up the right name with the location. you already have these people believing they are your friends (probably) atleast show the courtesy of getting it right.

other than that i enjoy the opening monologue because it is awful, not as crude as gets made out at times.

Totally agree. Just buy it is crazy. Just because it is cheap doesn't mean that if it isn't for you it isn't a bad buy. I think the presenters forget that we don't all have the disposable income they do.

PJ.

Totally agree. Just buy it is crazy. Just because it is cheap doesn't mean that if it isn't for you it isn't a bad buy. I think the presenters forget that we don't all have the disposable income they do.

PJ.

i've also noticed that helen bates is like a different person when she is in mr simon's presence.

other than what i've mentioned, i can see why he is a prime time player on the channel, i just don't like the notion that the viewers dictate the price for reasons other than how early they phone in.

i've also noticed that helen bates is like a different person when she is in mr simon's presence.

other than what i've mentioned, i can see why he is a prime time player on the channel, i just don't like the notion that the viewers dictate the price for reasons other than how early they phone in.

Their claim that the customer dictates the price is a nonsense, as with (most) products that a retailer sells Sit-Up dictates the price and nobody else. They pre-decide the starting price, the quantity and the minimum price they will sell an item for. They even dictate at what rate the so called 'non stop drop' falls at.

I would like OFCOM to look into that, in fact i'd be very surprised if they didn't :wink:

Last edited:
Their claim that the customer dictates the price is a nonsense, just like every retailer Sit-Up dictate the price and nobody else. They pre-decide the starting price, the quantity and the minimum price they will sell an item for. They even dictate at what rate the so called 'non stop drops' falls at.

I would like OFCOM to look into that, in fact i'd be very surprised if they didn't :wink:

whilst i agree with that, i think in greater detail the customer merely dictates how expensively it can be purchased for.

for example. if they have 70 of an item and are prepared to sell as low for £10, but mason shifts 47 of them at £25, i highly doubt they are going to lower it to a tenner.

so in that respect i feel we do dictate the price but only to our detriment. hense why "just buy it" and "get in early" trully exist.

whilst i agree with that, i think in greater detail the customer merely dictates how expensively it can be purchased for.

for example. if they have 70 of an item and are prepared to sell as low for £10, but mason shifts 47 of them at £25, i highly doubt they are going to lower it to a tenner.

so in that respect i feel we do dictate the price but only to our detriment. hense why "just buy it" and "get in early" trully exist.

You are quite right that a customer (kind of) dictates a higher final price if they all come in early and it sells out. That's why they use 'quantities' in each and every sale, it's a key part of their business model and there's nothing really wrong with that.

But nobody other than Sit Up dictates the minimum price, which is why I object to them saying a customer dictates the price in a non stop drop. It is simply incredulous, and the proof is the 'falling price' can at times virtually grind to a halt, unless of course it's a product that would sell for £1 anyway.

I'm hopeful OFCOM will be looking at that.

Last edited:
You are quite right that a customer (kind of) dictates a higher final price if they all come in early and it sells out. That's why they use 'quantities' in each and every sale, it's a key part of their business model and there's nothing really wrong with that.

But nobody other than Sit Up dictates the minimum price, which is why I object to them saying a customer dictates the price in a non stop drop. It is simply untrue, and the proof is the 'falling price' can at times virtually grind to a halt.

I'm certain OFCOM will be looking at that.

exactly, there is nothing wrong with the business model, it's just supply and demand via telephone. my issue is when they (more specifically peter simon) acts like the customer is getting away with daylight robbery.

what is so wrong with just saying you/the customer got a good deal as they timed their phone calls right.

exactly, there is nothing wrong with the business model, it's just supply and demand via telephone. my issue is when they (more specifically peter simon) acts like the customer is getting away with daylight robbery.

what is so wrong with just saying you/the customer got a good deal as they timed their phone calls right.

I agree. Although his actual description of the stones/metal were accurate Peter said just last night that they were losing a fortune on a Diopside ring.

Maybe they were, maybe they weren't. Maybe we should ask?

Last edited:
i have this school of thought through personal experience, as a bookie, when I do a special offer for the punters, I do not act like my job is at any point in danger because of it. it's just insulting to the regulars that spend their money.

i disagree when people say he is vulgar as quite frankly andy hodgeson's content is far more suggestive than peter simon's. Though i find it more funny than peter's too so it's all down to perception really.

edit: sorry mr wirral, i thought i had quoted you there.

watching St.Peter Simon this afternoon introducing something that he described as follows....
'let me first of all show you SIX, this is coming up very shortly, this is a breathe of oxygen, and this is a bran (?) new product,
it is a key element to life and guarantees vitality of each and every gel. it is a development by SIX they are a quite extraordinary
company, er its not only a amazing breath of fresh air on your skin, its a bio-stimulation of peptides and it is not only to tempt the
skin , to revitalise, it gives it a cell function, its quite an extraordinary product coming up in a moments time'........

well if its a 'KEY ELEMENT OF LIFE' i suppose we should all hurry up and buy it for the final price of £17.99 + £7.99 + £1.53 = £27.51

sod that i think maybe i should get it for £7.99 on the web at fragrance direct..... pity the 300 odd buyers on bid didnt check that....
http://www.fragrancedirect.co.uk/six/six-respirer-oxygenating-day-gel-3-50ml/invt/0049987

watching St.Peter Simon this afternoon introducing something that he described as follows....
'let me first of all show you SIX, this is coming up very shortly, this is a breathe of oxygen, and this is a bran (?) new product,
it is a key element to life and guarantees vitality of each and every gel. it is a development by SIX they are a quite extraordinary
company, er its not only a amazing breath of fresh air on your skin, its a bio-stimulation of peptides and it is not only to tempt the
skin , to revitalise, it gives it a cell function, its quite an extraordinary product coming up in a moments time'........

well if its a 'KEY ELEMENT OF LIFE' i suppose we should all hurry up and buy it for the final price of £17.99 + £7.99 + £1.53 = £27.51

sod that i think maybe i should get it for £7.99 on the web at fragrance direct..... pity the 300 odd buyers on bid didnt check that....
http://www.fragrancedirect.co.uk/six/six-respirer-oxygenating-day-gel-3-50ml/invt/0049987

When he started massaging it into Peter Sherlocks face I just had to turn it off lol.

Did anyone see him when he was preparing to sell the christmas ribbons? He was expecting a description graphic to appear which failed to show. He was VERY annoyed, the face said it all and he made a schnidey comment that they only rehearsed it an hour earlier and that a YTS trainee could manage to get it right!

Did anyone see him when he was preparing to sell the christmas ribbons? He was expecting a description graphic to appear which failed to show. He was VERY annoyed, the face said it all and he made a schnidey comment that they only rehearsed it an hour earlier and that a YTS trainee could manage to get it right!

I saw it, such a nice man isn't he?

Wirral70.... surely you mean 'RIBBENS' and not ribbons as peter simon says ha ha...
and did you know that 9ct gold plate 'IS THE WARMER OF THE GOLDS'

When selling the 'ribbens' he was on about him making Christmas cards for close family and friends and something about a bigwig at the BBC used to do it too. He just gets some card and glitter and ribben and presumably sticks a bow over the whole lot.

He thought the Storm bag was from another designer when he first saw it 'I'm sure you know the one'........but it wasn't. It NEVER is!

Last edited:
Wirral70.... surely you mean 'RIBBENS' and not ribbons as peter simon says ha ha...
and did you know that 9ct gold plate 'IS THE WARMER OF THE GOLDS'

Don't get me onto Dirty Peter and 'gold' :headbang:

I have noticed that since he has been back to a 5 day week all his very worst traits are coming back. If he and Sit-Up think a repeat performance of his carrying on during the lead up to last christmas will be tolerated again they are very, very sadly mistaken.

No chance!

When selling the 'ribbens' he was on about him making Christmas cards for close family and friends and something about a bigwig at the BBC used to do it too. He just gets some card and glitter and ribben and presumably sticks a bow over the whole lot.

The other day he reminisced about his days 'on Blue Peter'.

When?

Latest posts

Back