OFFCOM wherefore art thou?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Are they awaiting for ofcom to take away there broadcasting licence.Haha dont worry bidtv fans they get away with it.

Last I heard Ofcom have had to contact Psychologist Dr. Linda Papadopoulos as they are trying to figure out what Peter Simon is on about. :grin::sun:

Last I heard Ofcom have had to contact Psychologist Dr. Linda Papadopoulos as they are trying to figure out what Peter Simon is on about. :grin::sun:

:grin: Poor woman, she has her hands full.

Even Sigmund Freud would have struggled.

I would be astonished and saddened if Sit-Up got their licences revoked. As badly as they have behaved at times I doubt they deserve that, and I don't think it will happen.

It's very important to get things into perspective. They have clearly experienced very serious compliance issues but they are not as bad as Auction World, not remotely. What I would like to see happen is for OFCOM to finally establish how that came around, and order Sit-Up to deal with it. Something drastically changed at that company, personally I suspect it can be traced back to the change in ownership although that is just my personal opinion.

Things are much better now but I cringe when I look back at older (not much older mind) threads. Someone reminded me yesterday of Mike Mason and his 'multibuy sales' when he used to say buy them for £1-£5 and flog them on at a profit, conveniently failing to mention the £8 delivery on every single item.

Disgraceful.

Last edited:
I would be astonished and saddened if Sit-Up got their licences revoked. As badly as they have behaved at times I doubt they deserve that, and I don't think it will happen.

It's very important to get things into perspective. They have clearly experienced very serious compliance issues but they are not as bad as Auction World, not remotely. What I would like to see happen is for OFCOM to finally establish how that came around, and order Sit-Up to deal with it. Something drastically changed at that company, personally I suspect it can be traced back to the change in ownership although that is just my personal opinion.

I agree. If they are willing to change then please carry on. They may not be as bad but some of their issues if not change warrant closure IMHO but like you that's not what I want.

PJ

I agree. If they are willing to change then please carry on. They may not be as bad but some of their issues if not change warrant closure IMHO but like you that's not what I want.

PJ

I totally agree PJ. It's worth remembering what Auction World got upto though, even the most fervent Bid basher will agree they were in a different league:-

Failing to deliver goods and owing over 27,000 customers money
Selling jewellery for £14,000 that the buyer subsequently got independently valued at just £500
Selling loose diamonds for £19.360 that OFCOM themselves had valued at just £3,580

Mind you, and I don't think this is being unfair, some of Peter Simon's sales of gold plated Tanzanite jewellery before christmas were appalling too. His sales pitch and the prices they went for were breathtaking. I believe that several customers vented their anger on the facebook page when they subsequently had the pieces valued but Sit-Up deleted the posts.

But (slightly) in their defence I bet they would have refunded the purchase price if asked.

Last edited:

Things are much better now but I cringe when I look back at older (not much older mind) threads. Someone reminded me yesterday of Mike Mason and his 'multibuy sales' when he used to say buy them for £1-£5 and flog them on at a profit, conveniently failing to mention the £8 delivery on every single item.

Disgraceful.

I can't see them losing their licence but if they get a huge fine they may struggle (they've been losing £4m year on year since 2008). They have improved though over the past couple of months. For me it'll be fine & sanctions (i.e. carefully monitored for 6 - 12 months).

I can't see them losing their licence but if they get a huge fine they may struggle (they've been losing £4m year on year since 2008). They have improved though over the past couple of months. For me it'll be fine & sanctions (i.e. carefully monitored for 6 - 12 months).

Imagine if OFCOM get to see Mike's Bass Reflex Test Sheet sale?

That'll take some explaining :giggle:

:grin: I was just thinking, Stephen Gayford could do a painting of Mike's Bass Test sheet - limited edition of 50!

It would probably take him longer to do than one of his lions :wink:

I'm surprised Bid haven't marketed the Bass Reflex Test Sheet as an audio accessory.

Imagine if OFCOM get to see Mike's Bass Reflex Test Sheet sale?

That'll take some explaining :giggle:

Believe it or not, that could swing it Bid's way as OFCOM slowly back away from Bid Towers to disappear into the night, never to be seen again!

Latest posts

Back