Just For Fun - Who Are Your Top 3 Best & Worst Sit Up Presenters?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Wirral70

Registered Shopper
So which 3 presenters do you like the most, and which 3 make you despair?

Best

Andy Hodsgon (easily)
Far Mani (purely for the car crash element)
Adam Heppenstall (he rarely annoys me)

Worst

Mike Mason (easily)
Caroline Lyndsay (has insincerity down to a fine art)
Peter Simon (what can I say)

Best

Mike mason (funny)
Sally jacks (likeable)
Steve McDonald (funny)

Worst

Peter Simon (not funny, annoying)
Lisa brash (too self indulgent)
Andy hodgson (creepy)

Best

Adam Heppenstall
James Russell (never thought I'd see myself say that)
Steve McDonald

Worst

Caroline Lyndsay
Peter Simon
Sally Flapjack (most annoying voice ever)

Mike Mason is a bit in the middle for me - does have his moments though.

Best

1)Steve Macdonald (extremely funny)
2) Andy Hodgson (funny)
3)Peter Simon ( must see viewing for the car crash element)

Worst
1)Chris Birkett (How is this guy presenting on TV?)
2)Far Mani ( Ditto but to a lesser degree)
3)Bod (Not as bad , the hand waving gives him the edge)

Last edited:
top 3
mike mason - is such a devisive figure, but i feel he genuinely tries to be inoffensive, even if he fails at it. though I also find it hard to hate him because his various tv appearances pretty much was my college/uni years of 'not sleeping/watching crap tele'
steve mcdonald - seems quite friendly and witty
lisa brash - once you get past the voice she is quite engaging and seems down to earth.

bottom 3 (though in truth i generally dont watch people i dont like and/or have no comedy value)

the peter simon drinking game. take a shot anytime he tells you to 'just buy it' worry about the cost later as you will be busy taking another shot if he says you have done the company over that day (or any variation that implies this)

justin hazel - just hasn't caught my attention, which in reality means i find him inoffensive or not terrible

(don't know his name) gentleman on price drop who seems to have been on holiday and come back with such an immense tan, that during a channel surf, i doubled back on myself as "since when did bid hire a black guy" but alas it was just the tan. yeah other than that he has been a wallflower to me. edit: upon research, it seems I meant chris birkett. erm sorry chris.

Last edited:
Do I only get three?

Can't stand

Peter Simon/Caroline Lyndsay/Mike Mason/Guy Kean

Do like

Peter Sherlock/Sally Jacks/Andy Hodgson/Lisa Brash

Do I only get three?

Can't stand

Do like

i'm surprised you have mason and brash on each side of the divide, seeing as they are quite similar in style and mannerisms.

Do I only get three?

Can't stand

Do like

Apologies Merry, I now realise that three is a stretch. It certainly was for my worst presenters :grin:

It's probably best that everyone posts as many as they like!

I only know Caroline from the ideal world launch show (a treat in itself really, YouTube it if you haven't seen it), she has certainly been in the TV shopping game for a fair whack, assuming she didn't leave and return. Can she really be that bad?

I only know Caroline from the ideal world launch show (a treat in itself really, YouTube it if you haven't seen it), she has certainly been in the TV shopping game for a fair whack, assuming she didn't leave and return. Can she really be that bad?

Caroline is very compliant but is beyond insincere, she's a real professional though.

I never knew she worked on IW, learn something new every day!

Before anyone has a go at me, I hadn't finished typing what I wanted to before
hitting 'post'! I actually find lisa sometimes fun to watch but her voice grates on me & I
do think that she's copied too many of Mike's mannerisms, saying etc from
many years ago ago. I also think she's too self indulgent ie: 'it's all about me' and the
Innuedos are a but much.
Perhaps if she developed her own style instead of imitating another presenter I
might like her more.

hitting 'post'! I actually find lisa sometimes fun to watch but her voice grates on me & I
many years ago ago. I also think she's too self indulgent ie: 'it's all about me' and the
Innuedos are a but much.
might like her more.

nothing wrong with what you said if you genuinely feel that.

the main thing I noticed that is similar is the sign off/thanking the crew. Personally I think it's a classy move on the part of both/either of them.

Decent: :clapping:
Andy Hodgson
Steve McDonald

Car crash: :puke:
Peter Simon
James Russell
Mike Mason

Dullsville: :sleepy:
Bod
Guy Keane
Chris Birkett

Sadly Missed: :heartbroke:
Charlie McArdle

Innuedos are a but much.
might like her more.

It's all down to personal perception Moet. I can't watch Lisa for long but to be genuinely honest your description of her is exactly what I think about Mike Mason.

He's beyond self indulgent, imo. Did you hear him selling the Buddha the other night? 'I'm on the right path in life', I doubt any of the others would be so immodest. He is 'me, me, me' personified, the facebook page for a Legendary TV Presenter that he supposedly has nothing to do with is a nod to that.

And jeez, his voice grates on me. He sounds like he has swallowed the Jamie Oliver book of mockney :grin:

Last edited:
i'm surprised you have mason and brash on each side of the divide, seeing as they are quite similar in style and mannerisms.

Not in personality though - Yes, she's loud, and I think, funny, and I think there's more to her than her "brash" exterior

Mike Mason - He's just a "Blowhard"- a lot of his jokes are at someone else's expense, and not actually very funny, whereas Lisa usually pokes fun at herself

Not in personality though - Yes, she's loud, and I think, funny, and I think there's more to her than her "brash" exterior

Mike Mason - He's just a "Blowhard"- a lot of his jokes are at someone else's expense, and not actually very funny, whereas Lisa usually pokes fun at herself

That is absolutely spot on Merry, he is very ungenerous. Even Peter Simon dosen't do that, he let's Elisa rip him to shreds. I'm not a big fan but I think Lisa is very self deprecating and generous with the assistants, she lets them have plenty of their own airtime. When she is on with Rezzi it's almost like they are equally co-hosting.

Mike Mason is the personification of a blowhard, and he likes absolutely nothing better than boasting about himself. Lisa might be self centred but to say Mike isn't is a bit of a stretch, and that is putting it mildly!

You only have to see the reaction from his facebook page people to see he dosen't like getting stick back!

Last edited:
Mike Mason - He's just a "Blowhard"

Unwanted images just filled my poor hayfevered head lol ugh :puke:

My top 3 best are:-

Steve Macdonald- Nice guy with a great sense of humour and good at his job in my opinion.
Peter Sherlock- Good presenter and entertaining to watch.
Mike Mason- Also very entertaining to watch, the channels would be a dull place without him.

The worst in my opinion are:-

Guy Kean- Just don't like him, I turn over as soon as I see him on telly.
Caroline Lyndsay:- ZZzzzzz too boring for me.
Lisa Brash:- Too full of herself, tarty and hopeless at selling.

I don't like Sally Jacks either though she does my head in with that voice of hers shouting and bawling.

Latest posts

Back