Calling bid from a mobile.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

PJ.

In an Ideal World ...
Kiri just said get on a 2nd line a buy another item for a friend. Got me thinking. Why is it that when ITV run a £1.53 phone in competition every time the comp is mentioned that mobile calls would cost considerably more and bid don't?

Don't give me oh people should know because most people don't know the difference between 0871 and 0877. Hate to think how much it would be to call bid from a mobile. Maybe we should ask the presenters who <s>pretended to</s> did it live. Yes I know their names came up but we a) don't have proof a cheap number wasn't called and b) their names Werner just added by the gallery.

PJ

Kiri just said get on a 2nd line a buy another item for a friend. Got me thinking. Why is it that when ITV run a £1.53 phone in competition every time the comp is mentioned that mobile calls would cost considerably more and bid don't?

Don't give me oh people should know because most people don't know the difference between 0871 and 0877. Hate to think how much it would be to call bid from a mobile. Maybe we should ask the presenters who <s>pretended to</s> did it live. Yes I know their names came up but we a) don't have proof a cheap number wasn't called and b) their names Werner just added by the gallery.

PJ

In fairness Ideal World don't mention it either and even though they don't use a flat rate call charge they still use premium rate phone numbers, at times you can end up paying more to order a product from IW by phone than Bid (I think I have been myself). But, unlike Bid, Ideal World allow you to order every single item via the website for free, even those on flexipay and multi-sized items.

I know ITV companies Granada and Carlton had the book thrown at them by OFCOM a few years ago following a massive scandal involving their phone in competitions, maybe they were ordered to be clearer?

Last edited:
It costs £1.53 from a mobile

How do i no? I had to ring once as internet was down and it charged me £1.53....

I have absolutely no idea why you still dont believe the fact myself and others have seen presenters DIAL THE NUMBER (elisa even put her phone on speaker for the whole process and you could hear exactly what any tom dick or harry hear) put her pin in put phone down name on bottom of screen

You are going on a very sticky wicket if you are suggesting that this and other occasions when i an others have seen this happen was staged in any way or even worse

I have absolutely no idea why you still dont believe the fact myself and others have seen presenters DIAL THE NUMBER (elisa even put her phone on speaker for the whole process and you could hear exactly what any tom dick or harry hear) put her pin in put phone down name on bottom of screen

You are going on a very sticky wicket if you are suggesting that this and other occasions when i an others have seen this happen was staged in any way or even worse

But you have NO way of knowing that it WASN'T staged just because you saw and heard her making the call who do you think told her to make the call ??
Surly it MUST have been the gallery, she was meant to be working not doing her weekly shop!!
I also thought that T.V studios HAD to BE "Faraday Cages" so mobile phone signal couldn't get IN or OUT .
Or does this not apply to Bid ??

But you have NO way of knowing that it WASN'T staged just because you saw and heard her making the call who do you think told her to make the call ??
Surly it MUST have been the gallery, she was meant to be working not doing her weekly shop!!
I also thought that T.V studios HAD to BE "Faraday Cages" so mobile phone signal couldn't get IN or OUT .

Section G of the Terms & Conditions states 'Calls to bid for items cost £1.53 per call from BT lines. Calls from some networks, including mobile may cost more'. It also says on screen that calls cost £1.53, but from a BT Landline.

I have never ordered by Mobile so I genuinely have no idea what it costs.

http://www.bid.tv/PromotionsPage.aspx?Page=HELP-termsconditions

Last edited:
Ok believe that then if you want to Madmax

If you cant believe a phone call were she showed the number dialled the process was the same as for anyone and then you even heard the confirmation (And then name) then it must be very hard to believe anybody in day to day life

The fact the top she bought she then wore on the show about ten days later (approx) kind of confirms yes she did buy an item from bid shock horror

Ok believe that then if you want to Madmax

If you cant believe a phone call were she showed the number dialled the process was the same as for anyone and then you even heard the confirmation (And then name) then it must be very hard to believe anybody in day to day life

The fact the top she bought she then wore on the show about ten days later (approx) kind of confirms yes she did buy an item from bid shock horror

Yes because there is no other way that item could have been given to her to wear for that shift .....

Why do I have a hard time believing things? Because when someone or people lie to me in the past I find it hard to trust them. They only have themselves to blame.

Mobile phone signals must work in the studio as some
presenters do a 'text in' thing on their shift where
they read out text messages live on air.

Correct Moet a point missed

PJ

You appear on a one man band with this particular point

a, nobody else sees it as an issue

b, it has been shown to be ordered live

The only way you would believe anything is if you saw the bank statement, the delivery driver and the invoice

Correct Moet a point missed

PJ

You appear on a one man band with this particular point

a, nobody else sees it as an issue

b, it has been shown to be ordered live

The only way you would believe anything is if you saw the bank statement, the delivery driver and the invoice

I have a CD out with my greatest hits and it is yours for only 1p yes that's right 1p. Now Harrod has it for £60 but you can have it for one penny*

* Delivery charges are £10 and you will need to call a premium call of £1 a minute. CD cover only is 1p, if you would like to hear the music you will be given the oppertunity of buing them on a track by track basis of £10 a track. Harrod is a friend of mine and in no way should be believed to be the store of the same name

ok Pj

you seem as stressed with this place as i was getting

good luck in this quest you will never prove it either way 100% so it is futile but good luck

It costs £1.53 from a mobile

How do i no? I had to ring once as internet was down and it charged me £1.53....

How do you know the mobile (or even just a pay as you go sim) wasn't given to her by production & a dummy account was set up? it would be a good sales ploy & cost maybe a £5ver all in.

Ah yes, the Bid-tv faraday cage.

In sterling silver with a gold tone finish. 0.1mm thick. :sweat:

Is it even a reel studio? maybe its some sort of front for terrorists? maybe they're not even actual reel presenters? maybe they are members of the illuminate? or Russian spies? or robots? or worse? maybe they are using the TV to spy on ME? maybe the products are laced with poison? or have spy cameras in them? or worse? maybe this FORUM is a front too? maybe they are using my internet signal to spy on ME? maybe they are outside now? ... aaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh!!!

I have called from my mobile before and I got a recorded message from my provider (Orange) saying this call will cost more than £1.50.

I have seen Mark Ryes order from his mobile live on air. It was for a 3 pack of canvas prints. He even showed his phone to the camera with the bid number on it and he put it on loudspeaker.

ok Pj

you seem as stressed with this place as i was getting

good luck in this quest you will never prove it either way 100% so it is futile but good luck

I am sorry to hear you are stressed with this place and if I have caused any of that stress a heartfelt apologies. Don't worry about me though, I love a debating and 100% not stressed about it :)

Take care

PJ

Is it even a reel studio? maybe its some sort of front for terrorists? maybe they're not even actual reel presenters? maybe they are members of the illuminate? or Russian spies? or robots? or worse? maybe they are using the TV to spy on ME? maybe the products are laced with poison? or have spy cameras in them? or worse? maybe this FORUM is a front too? maybe they are using my internet signal to spy on ME? maybe they are outside now? ... aaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh!!!

Is a reel studio another name for a cinema? :p *just teasin'*

PJ

I have no complaint with this - no other shopping channels differentiate that calls may cost more from mobiles (even QVC which is a free number will cost more from a mobile).

Also, any additional charge wouldn't be coming from or going to Bid - it would be going to the phone company.

Latest posts

Back