Don't like it when ...

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

PJ.

In an Ideal World ...
... They sell an item on a different number as an item they keep mentioning from time to time but like today he said you must hurry they are running out but they don't have a quantity left box so either they have lots of stock left and they are pressure selling yet again OR they don't have much and you could call and they sold out so you waste your call. Least in a normal auction you can roughly tell whether it is worth calling.

PJ

... They sell an item on a different number as an item they keep mentioning from time to time but like today he said you must hurry they are running out but they don't have a quantity left box so either they have lots of stock left and they are pressure selling yet again OR they don't have much and you could call and they sold out so you waste your call. Least in a normal auction you can roughly tell whether it is worth calling.

PJ

this is actually something mason is fairly exempt from, he clearly tries to get across the clock is not a pressure sell (we all know it is but atleast he isnt treating it as that. the one time id say a fib is better for potentially vunerable people)

jaxx for example is just a nightmare for that. Also welldone to the forum member who pointed out she is a magician for making sold out stock reappear.

this is actually something mason is fairly exempt from, he clearly tries to get across the clock is not a pressure sell (we all know it is but atleast he isnt treating it as that. the one time id say a fib is better for potentially vunerable people)

jaxx for example is just a nightmare for that. Also welldone to the forum member who pointed out she is a magician for making sold out stock reappear.

Mike is very honourable like that, he regularly reminds people how much time is on the clock at the same time reminding us that he isn't pressurising.

Dirty Peter is also honourable like that, reminding us a T&K handbag isn't a Chloe.

Peter Sherlock is also honourable like that, kindly reminding us if his quantity is the last in the business for 2 or 3 weeks.

I for one find it so reassuring to know that they are always on our side, and i'm sure you lovely people feel the same way too. :wink:

Last edited:
Mike is very honourable like that, he regularly reminds people how much time is on the clock at the same time reminding us that he isn't pressurising.

Dirty Peter is also honourable like that, reminding us a T&K handbag isn't a Chloe.

Peter Sherlock is also honourable like that, kindly reminding us if his quantity is the last in the business for 2 or 3 weeks.

I for one find it so reassuring to know that they are always on our side, and i'm sure you lovely people feel the same way too. :wink:

i still think its a better overall approach than screaming that there is 10seconds left and to pick up the phone or the bid warehouse will explode and the product will never return (yeah right)

i still think its a better overall approach than screaming that there is 10seconds left and to pick up the phone or the bid warehouse will explode and the product will never return (yeah right)

They all have different techniques, some scream, some play the best friend routine.

I think Mason saying the clock is there purely for him and not to put pressure on us is as sly as it gets, we know why it's there. As much as I cannot stand her I prefer Caroline's (and Sally's) method of just shouting how long is left (even saying 'go, go, go'). At least it's (kind of) a bit more honest.

They all have different techniques, some scream, some play the best friend routine.

I think Mason saying the clock is there purely for him and not to put pressure on us is as sly as it gets, we know why it's there. As much as I cannot stand her I prefer Caroline's (and Sally's) method of just shouting how long is left (even saying 'go, go, go'). At least it's (kind of) a bit more honest.

I do see what you are saying I just feel that while it is perceived as more honest to do caroline's way, mason's way is sly but less pressurising so realistically he cannot win either way as he would be crucified for either tactic.

also who is 'bod' I've heard the name bounded around but I have no idea who the guy is? haha

I do see what you are saying I just feel that while it is perceived as more honest to do caroline's way, mason's way is sly but less pressurising so realistically he cannot win either way as he would be crucified for either tactic.

also who is 'bod' I've heard the name bounded around but I have no idea who the guy is? haha

Bod is Justin Hazell

I like to catch him to see what he's wearing

:grin:

You just never know what his latest outfit is going to be, do you? :wink: Mind you, he seems to have a challenger in the static fashion stakes with Mason.

Mr James has a very smart and varied wardrobe though.

Latest posts

Back