Bid bedding - again!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

merryone

Registered Shopper
I know, after the polyester bedding fiasco ie, set of bedding that tore in less than a week, I swore I'd never go near bid's bedding again. Me being me did, and I bought a poly/cotton duvet set, and yes, for the price it was fine. Recently saw another one, really good price, a design and colour I like and again a 50/50 polycotton mix. Put it on the bed, looked great, even OH commented on not only how good it looked, how good quality it felt, and asked me where I got it. He even said if they do it in a different colour get another set, and I'll pay for it! They do, so I set about trying to order another one, but they only had it in kingsize, so would have to wait until a double was available. In the meantime, I washed the original set and OMG!!!!! It just didn't wash up, I didn't put it on a too hot wash or anything, just the one I normally use for bedding. Well I've never known something to fade so much in one wash, it looked about 20 years old, but the really weird thing was that only one side of the duvet cover had faded and the material/pattern/colour was the same on both sides....I'm presuming that these sets are constructed from offcuts from all different dyelots......This time I mean it, I am NEVER going to buy bedding from bid again.

What gets me though, is the amount of times the presenters tell us that customers have written in, emailed, phoned or whatever to praise the wonderful bedding...Well I don't know how, 'cause I've never come across such dreadful stuff in all my days!

I know, after the polyester bedding fiasco ie, set of bedding that tore in less than a week, I swore I'd never go near bid's bedding again. Me being me did, and I bought a poly/cotton duvet set, and yes, for the price it was fine. Recently saw another one, really good price, a design and colour I like and again a 50/50 polycotton mix. Put it on the bed, looked great, even OH commented on not only how good it looked, how good quality it felt, and asked me where I got it. He even said if they do it in a different colour get another set, and I'll pay for it! They do, so I set about trying to order another one, but they only had it in kingsize, so would have to wait until a double was available. In the meantime, I washed the original set and OMG!!!!! It just didn't wash up, I didn't put it on a too hot wash or anything, just the one I normally use for bedding. Well I've never known something to fade so much in one wash, it looked about 20 years old, but the really weird thing was that only one side of the duvet cover had faded and the material/pattern/colour was the same on both sides....I'm presuming that these sets are constructed from offcuts from all different dyelots......This time I mean it, I am NEVER going to buy bedding from bid again.

What gets me though, is the amount of times the presenters tell us that customers have written in, emailed, phoned or whatever to praise the wonderful bedding...Well I don't know how, 'cause I've never come across such dreadful stuff in all my days!

Simon Davies always says bedding is what Bid do best.

Well I think that while the thing Bid do best also begins with a B, it isn't bedding :giggle:

Simon Davies always says bedding is what Bid do best.

Well I think that while the thing Bid do best also begins with a B, it isn't bedding :giggle:

I really don't know how they can say that! Unless I'm the only customer who's been unlucky! I have bought bedding that hasn't faded and fallen apart from them on one occassion, but the quality was visibly fairly poor!...You could actually see how low its threadcount was. Even my cheapo Primark bedding doesn't look like that!

Last edited:
I really don't know how they can say that! Unless I'm the only customer who's been unlucky! I have bought bedding that hasn't faded and fallen apart from them one one occassion, but the quality was visibly fairly poor!

I guess it was maybe worth a punt but at least you now definitely know it's poor quality.

We have all done it merry, I bought yet another fan on Friday but the only place that had any decent priced ones in stock was T J Hughes, who have a terrible reputation for their electrical items. It packed in yesterday morning, honestly!

I must be really lucky because I bought some polycotton bedding from Bid and Pricedrop, when I first moved here, because I left all my other bedding with the ex. Admittedly it was over 3 years ago but they're all still going strong. I also bought some of their soft touch sheets and they're fine too and haven't faded (yet.) I did get rid of one of the duvet sets though .............. because I decided I didn't like it as it didn't go with the decor. It was still in good condition so I put it in one of the charity bags that seem to arrive every week.

The only time I had a problem with the SitUp channels was when my very first order didn't arrive, but they reimbursed me with no hassle. The only time I returned anything, they refunded the cost of the goods and the P&P. And a set of 10 solar lights that I got from them are still working after 3 years.

I'm not trying to defend the channels, because I've read all the 'issues' about them .............. I'm just speaking as I've found.

I must be really lucky because I bought some polycotton bedding from Bid and Pricedrop, when I first moved here, because I left all my other bedding with the ex. Admittedly it was over 3 years ago but they're all still going strong. I also bought some of their soft touch sheets and they're fine too and haven't faded (yet.) I did get rid of one of the duvet sets though .............. because I decided I didn't like it as it didn't go with the decor. It was still in good condition so I put it in one of the charity bags that seem to arrive every week.

The only time I had a problem with the SitUp channels was when my very first order didn't arrive, but they reimbursed me with no hassle. The only time I returned anything, they refunded the cost of the goods and the P&P. And a set of 10 solar lights that I got from them are still working after 3 years.

I'm not trying to defend the channels, because I've read all the 'issues' about them .............. I'm just speaking as I've found.

Indeed Toril, some items will be good and some bad. It's the same with most retailers although it is probably fair to say that much of Sit Up's merchandise does usually appear to be lower end although that dosen't always translate to low quality.

I bought a pair of dark blue jeans from Primark a good few years ago and they wash far better than ones I have bought that have been over 5 times the price!

Indeed Toril, some items will be good and some bad. It's the same with most retailers although it is probably fair to say that much of Sit Up's merchandise does usually appear to be lower end although that dosen't always translate to low quality.

I bought a pair of dark blue jeans from Primark a good few years ago and they wash far better than ones I have bought that have been over 5 times the price!

It's hard to say with their stuff. In my experience, their watches are good, yes, even Christin Lars, I adore Sen skincare, likewise Possibility bath products. However, it really is touch and go. I've had shoes from them I've been really happy with them until you realise that it's the soles that they skimp on, they wear down and hole within a matter of weeks, I've got a couple of summer dresses this year and I love them, but I'm dreading washing them as they'll probably fade and possibly come apart. Their costume jewellery's really good stuff. I shouldn't really shop with them, I know,but the main reasons I do is that I actually HATE traipsing around shops...funnily enough,I don't mind accompanying a friend on shopping spree, but when I'm looking for something for myself I can never find anything I like, also I like getting stuff through the post, still find it exciting, you know when you buy something from them, it is more exclusive, and some of the stuff's a little bit different.

So what I can say for now...snap up their fabulous junk jewellery, and beauty products..but avoid their bedding at all costs! It may have been better quality a few years back, but it certainly ain't now!

It's hard to say with their stuff. In my experience, their watches are good, yes, even Christin Lars, I adore Sen skincare, likewise Possibility bath products. However, it really is touch and go. I've had shoes from them I've been really happy with them until you realise that it's the soles that they skimp on, they wear down and hole within a matter of weeks, I've got a couple of summer dresses this year and I love them, but I'm dreading washing them as they'll probably fade and possibly come apart. Their costume jewellery's really good stuff. I shouldn't really shop with them, I know,but the main reasons I do is that I actually HATE traipsing around shops...funnily enough,I don't mind accompanying a friend on shopping spree, but when I'm looking for something for myself I can never find anything I like, also I like getting stuff through the post, still find it exciting, you know when you buy something from them, it is more exclusive, and some of the stuff's a little bit different.

So what I can say for now...snap up their fabulous junk jewellery, and beauty products*..but avoid their bedding at all costs! It may have been better quality a few years back, but it certainly ain't now!

* But be very, very wary of Skin Pharmacy, particularly when a certain someone who likes to portray a 'i'm your best friend' image tells you they sell it direct for nearly 6 times Bid's price :angry:

Now Getting predictable bid and price drop tv.Come on new products not just jewellery avalanche or quick fire gems #boring.

:giggle:

I heard a rumour that Skin Pharmacy are to start selling Snake Serum in a 1 pint tube for £6,450.

Bid's price? Just £34.99 :wink:

Funnily enough I've a friend who works in a real pharmacy and she told me that in the UK at least, it is illegal to call yourself any pharmacy if you are not registered with the governing body of pharmacists and actually dispensing medicines. Makes you wonder, doesn't it?

Aww Merry I do feel for you, they always go on about how good their bedding is. What a load of rubbish :confused:

Latest posts

Back