I reckon Price drop will be the next to go!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

merryone

Registered Shopper
Up until fairly recently, the bid and price drop websites carried different stock, whilst there were quite a few duplicated products, you'd often find quantities and sizes were different, so if you couldn't find what you were looking for, you'd probably find it available on the other channel and vice versa. They were also different in that with Bid's website you could buy anything and accumulate a basket and pay for it all together and pay just one postage charge, and if you spent £50 or more you'd get p&p free - That option's now completely disappeared. I've also noticed that with any kind of deal they're doing they make sure that it's only available via the telephone.

Anyway Bid and price drop's website carry exactly the same stock, and whilst the tv scheduling is different - It's the same shop. I wonder if it's really worth them carrying on like this. I realise that having two different shows on at the same time means they'll sell more in one day and they'll be getting the revenue from phonecalls, I guess it must cover the cost of the extra channel space and second studio - But I can still see it being merged into one single operation to cut costs. They daren't raise the price of the postage!

Up until fairly recently, the bid and price drop websites carried different stock, whilst there were quite a few duplicated products, you'd often find quantities and sizes were different, so if you couldn't find what you were looking for, you'd probably find it available on the other channel and vice versa. They were also different in that with Bid's website you could buy anything and accumulate a basket and pay for it all together and pay just one postage charge, and if you spent £50 or more you'd get p&p free - That option's now completely disappeared. I've also noticed that with any kind of deal they're doing they make sure that it's only available via the telephone.

Anyway Bid and price drop's website carry exactly the same stock, and whilst the tv scheduling is different - It's the same shop. I wonder if it's really worth them carrying on like this. I realise that having two different shows on at the same time means they'll sell more in one day and they'll be getting the revenue from phonecalls, I guess it must cover the cost of the extra channel space and second studio - But I can still see it being merged into one single operation to cut costs. They daren't raise the price of the postage!

I guess the final nail in the coffin will be if Ofcom award Sit-up with a huge fine... won't have much choice to become a single entity. They do appear to be struggling...

Makes economic sense and could have bidtv on 24 hours a day.the newbie presenters overnight perhaps.

Unless they are making a loss as a channel (which I doubt they are at the minute) I see no real reason of why they would go. Speed auction never really sold more than 30 of an item at a push, and price drop sells quite a bit more than this. I think if price drop were to go, the first step would be for them to remove the freeview platform.

Every time I watch Price Drop the products seem to have gotten worse, the quantities and the numbers they sell are tiny, and the studio seems to look increasingly worse. They really do get lumped with the absolute tat - the stuff even Bid wouldn't sell!

I've wondered whether they're nearing the end - the do seem to be limping along selling small quantities of £1 products - however as Benny says, I presume they're still making money or they'd just kill it (Like Speed Auctions!).

Latest posts

Back