Mike the electrician makes error

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

PJ.

In an Ideal World ...
Says the TV standby power is called phantom power. Wrong. Called phantom load. Phantom power is 48 volts sent to a microphone that would need a battery without it. Or a DI box for guitars etc. pretty basic really.

PJ

Says the TV standby power is called phantom power. Wrong. Called phantom load. Phantom power is 48 volts sent to a microphone that would need a battery without it. Or a DI box for guitars etc. pretty basic really.

PJ

I have let the police no (not interested) , the asa (not interested im not wirral) and the shopping tv rulers (not interested minor mistake)

I have let the police no (not interested) , the asa (not interested im not wirral) and the shopping tv rulers (not interested minor mistake)

Don't you think that it is interesting that someone who goes on and on nearly every shift how he is an expert electrician to get something so basic wrong Newt O Bid?

PJ

Don't you think that it is interesting that someone who goes on and on nearly every shift how he is an expert electrician to get something so basic wrong Newt O Bid?

PJ

The fact that his LandLady/Goddess' gaff seems festooned with solar lighting might be a clue to his suppossed electrical prowess :giggle:

The fact that his LandLady/Goddess' gaff seems festooned with solar lighting might be a clue to his suppossed electrical prowess :giggle:

Exactly :p not just that but he has only been around TV for ages so should know the difference between phantom load (TV standby) phantom power (microphones) phantom menace (Peter Simon)

PJ

Exactly :p not just that but he has only been around TV for ages so should know the difference between phantom load (TV standby) phantom power (microphones) phantom menace (Peter Simon)

PJ

I can say with total honesty that I have no idea what the difference is between phantom load and phantom power, nor would I ever pretend to.

Then again I don't usually brief myself in 2 minutes via google to find out such things. I heard a rumour some geezer thought a piece of A4 paper could pass as an authentic audio testing device, maybe he also read that on google? :grin:

I can say with total honesty that I have no idea what the difference is between phantom load and phantom power, nor would I ever pretend to.

Then again I don't usually brief myself in 2 minutes via google to find out such things. I heard a rumour some geezer thought a piece of A4 paper could pass as an authentic audio testing device, maybe he also read that on google? :grin:

I love that Mike gets so much grief for the Bass Reflex Sheet... It wasn't
even his idea!

even his idea!

I see. Then he must be even more dense than I thought!

I suppose it wasn't his idea for him to say he had a Vodafone 354 either, then forget about it. And say that Debenhams would be stocking JPD.

Poor Mike, he must be easily led. It's just as well we aren't eh?

Last edited:
You are right Mike's not smart enough to come up with something to trick the public with like that.

Whose idea was it then?

PJ

Strange he could be so easily hoodwinked, what with being a self confessed sound expert and all that.

Maybe he was also told to say that too!

Where did I say this was a police matter or the ASA? Why did you feel the need to be rude to Wirral once again? The reason I posted this is because Mike makes a big fuss about how we should trust him, he is an honest family man blah blah blah and he was an amazing electrician. By not understanding basic phantom terminology shows him out to be not what he claims to be.

PJ

even his idea!

name and shame!!!

I thought Mike knew 'Great sound' though... surely he should have educated whoever gave him that A4 piece of paper?
It was daft in the extreme and the bass from that tower system was truly dreadful!!! (you could hear the speaker mechanically struggling! :grin: )

Where did I say this was a police matter or the ASA? Why did you feel the need to be rude to Wirral once again? The reason I posted this is because Mike makes a big fuss about how we should trust him, he is an honest family man blah blah blah and he was an amazing electrician. By not understanding basic phantom terminology shows him out to be not what he claims to be.

PJ

PJ I'm afraid, to me, it seems like ntb sits and waits to pounce on anything we say and ntb construes or misconstrues what could be tongue in cheek humour or just a passing comment (as yours was) as us whinging or trivial.
For me, ntb seems to follow a certain pattern when posting; a couple of quiet days then a few polite-ish posts followed by reverting to type by being rude, insulting and making personal comments.
I don't really think there has been any valid or constructive argument from ntb, just attack of other forum members, thoroughly unpleasant IMO

PJ I'm afraid, to me, it seems like ntb sits and waits to pounce on anything we say and ntb construes or misconstrues what could be tongue in cheek humour or just a passing comment (as yours was) as us whinging or trivial.
For me, ntb seems to follow a certain pattern when posting; a couple of quiet days then a few polite-ish posts followed by reverting to type by being rude, insulting and making personal comments.
I don't really think there has been any valid or constructive argument from ntb, just attack of other forum members, thoroughly unpleasant IMO

Totally agree dee. I find it hard to take criticism however valid it may or may not be from someone who more than likely is anything but new to bid.

PJ

Last edited:
Totally agree dee. I find it hard to take criticism however valid it may or may not be from someone who more than likely is anything but new to bid.

PJ

hmmm, I agree that their user name is possibly a misnomer
I'm all for healthy discussion/argument/debate providing it's given and taken in the right spirit and not nasty personal attacks
I also recall you saying you'd welcome having your mind changed by valid, constructive comments

hmmm, I agree that their user name is possibly a misnomer
I'm all for healthy discussion/argument/debate providing it's given and taken in the right spirit and not nasty personal attacks
I also recall you saying you'd welcome having your mind changed by valid, constructive comments

Not only did I welcome it, on more than one occasion Peter Sherlock has changed my mind. I am like you dee, I come on here to have a debate and to keep my mind open. Also to meet great people such as your great self :)

just brilliant

i have been here for a long time now when i joined i had just watched bid for the first time ever after being off work long term

am i still newtobid? not really no can i change my username ? no

If you want to change my username be my guest it means absolutely zilch to me

As for my pattern of posting deedee i was advised by pj and wirral (ruler of forum) to not take it so seriously and to leave the forum for a while

Hence now i do and just check it when i can

I am very very sorry if this does not fit in with the correct etiquette or criteria for posting, but it was not good enough when i posted a lot more and now it is not good enough when i post a lost less often.

Infact the only time it was good enough was when i was making MOSTLY negative posts on bid tv, i was very popular then.

Latest posts

Back