Mike we are not mugs

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

PJ.

In an Ideal World ...
Claimed just then that because he doesn't care for women's fashion he will sell it for silly money. Yeah right Mike you told your producers because it is something you are not interested in you will do it cheaper. Riiiiight.

Claimed just then that because he doesn't care for women's fashion he will sell it for silly money. Yeah right Mike you told your producers because it is something you are not interested in you will do it cheaper. Riiiiight.

The presenters just tell you the prices, they don't make them up themselves, as much as they'd like us to believe they do!

I closed my eyes to the poster when I read the title of the post, but if I was a betting person
would have earned thousands if I'd have placed a bet. PJ you are FAR too predictable.

I closed my eyes to the poster when I read the title of the post, but if I was a betting person
would have earned thousands if I'd have placed a bet. PJ you are FAR too predictable.

And I could have predicated that rather than comment on how your friend lied you try and turn it around to me. I am not the one on TV making false claims.

PJ.

Dear Moet
A wise man once said "if you don't want the bees to sting you then don't poke the hive" I like Mike too, but I doubt you are doing anything more than placing more attention On him with your posts.

Dear Moet
A wise man once said "if you don't want the bees to sting you then don't poke the hive" I like Mike too, but I doubt you are doing anything more than placing more attention On him with your posts.

PJ, Mike could go on air and say nothing more than 'good evening' and you would be on here saying, 'well it's
not evening in Australia'. You would do ANYTHING to discredit this man.
For what reason, I do not know. It makes no sense. You 'think' he's a liar but
you have no proof. Speak to the ASA and ask them if he's a liar. I don't think you'd get
very far. It infuriates me that you think you Are some sort of a 'mike' expert whilst insulting
him & his family in the past. Funny cooments & constructive criticism is acceptable but
I think you have an odd fascination with him which had been pointed out by others.

PJ, Mike could go on air and say nothing more than 'good evening' and you would be on here saying, 'well it's
not evening in Australia'. You would do ANYTHING to discredit this man.
For what reason, I do not know. It makes no sense. You 'think' he's a liar but
you have no proof. Speak to the ASA and ask them if he's a liar. I don't think you'd get
very far. It infuriates me that you think you Are some sort of a 'mike' expert whilst insulting
him & his family in the past. Funny cooments & constructive criticism is acceptable but
I think you have an odd fascination with him which had been pointed out by others.

So you believe he was being 100% honest when he said the prices will reflect the fact he hates women's fashion so will be lower?

I am not and never claimed to be a Mike expert. I just say what I don't like when he says it.

If you wanna talk about creepy, how about you hiding in the cyber bushes to leap to his defence but instead of defending him you so everything to discredit the poster instead.

Once again Mike was making out that the prices would be lower even though you know and know they will be the same bid prices as usual. What do you call that? I call it not the truth.

PJ

So you believe he was being 100% honest when he said the prices will reflect the fact he hates women's fashion so will be lower?

I am not and never claimed to be a Mike expert. I just say what I don't like when he says it.

If you wanna talk about creepy, how about you hiding in the cyber bushes to leap to his defence but instead of defending him you so everything to discredit the poster instead.

Once again Mike was making out that the prices would be lower even though you know and know they will be the same bid prices as usual. What do you call that? I call it not the truth.

PJ

IMO, there is a big difference between telling lies and saying things because you are a sales person. I do think this post is a bit petty as it is hardly something seriously bad. Yes Mike has been in the wrong in the past, but there are other presenters who say worse things which don't get pointed out.

IMO, there is a big difference between telling lies and saying things because you are a sales person. I do think this post is a bit petty as it is hardly something seriously bad. Yes Mike has been in the wrong in the past, but there are other presenters who say worse things which don't get pointed out.

If i was watching for the first time I would believe the prices that night were going to be better than usual so would have been ripped off. If he said it with a glint in his eye it would have been different but he didn't.

PJ

If i was watching for the first time I would believe the prices that night were going to be better than usual so would have been ripped off. If he said it with a glint in his eye it would have been different but he didn't.

PJ

I saw the first 20 minutes of his show and his comments, as you said, were similar to "..going to sell for silly money.." at no point did he say "..lower than normal..". Who's to judge what price is "Silly money"?

I saw the first 20 minutes of his show and his comments, as you said, were similar to "..going to sell for silly money.." at no point did he say "..lower than normal..". Who's to judge what price is "Silly money"?

dont let the facts get in the way of a pj post Benny

Mike has said "its going to sell for silly money" for nearly a year and in very old youtube clips from years ago

Breaking news

It was after then. He said because I don't like women's fashion it will go for silly money.

dont let the facts get in the way of a pj post Benny

Mike has said "its going to sell for silly money" for nearly a year and in very old youtube clips from years ago

Breaking news

It wasn't that he said it went for silly money that was my issue. The fact he linked it. As above.

It was after then. He said because I don't like women's fashion it will go for silly money.

He said it at the start of the show as he was saying what was coming up. As I said, who is to judge what "silly money" is? If he said "This will go lower than normal" it may have been an issue.

He said it at the start of the show as he was saying what was coming up. As I said, who is to judge what "silly money" is? If he said "This will go lower than normal" it may have been an issue.

I am not judging the term silly money. I am saying he shouldn't have alluded that it would be cheaper because he didn't like a product.

I am not judging the term silly money. I am saying he shouldn't have alluded that it would be cheaper because he didn't like a product.

He works in sales. Nothing what he said was wrong. Soon you will be saying "Mike smiled, that's misleading the vulnerable".

It is not my opinion that Mike has changed his style it is fact

Dig out any old Youtube clip even from 6 months ago and you will see a massive change and for the better

He is one of the best now at mentioning the extra charges (Without fail) and also explains returns policies clearly (always states you get back the sale price)

I still am not a massive fan of his but that is not a reason to constantly snipe at him

Last edited:
And yesterday he said "Is it 3-5 or 10? Okay it's 3-5 working days for this item" I don't know many presenters who try and be accurate with the delivery time like this.

good point Benny

He actually now goes above and beyond regulation and often checks if the item is "direct dispatch" or not

Latest posts

Back