More well known brands

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Bennyxp

Registered Shopper
It's great to see that bid are starting to bring back in some bigger brand names again inc. Russell Hobbs, Tefal etc. and now an iPhone 5 :) Hopefully these become more and more frequent

It's great to see that bid are starting to bring back in some bigger brand names again inc. Russell Hobbs, Tefal etc. and now an iPhone 5 :) Hopefully these become more and more frequent

I agree Benny, I have been listening to bid whilst doing my blog (www.pubmeet.co.uk) and was plain stunned to see they are going to sell an I-phone. I'm used to them selling brands I've barely/never heard of, as almost second nature.

Hopefully this marks the start of a corner turning for their output.

They all sound great products and please excuse me for digressing for a second but did anyone just hear what Mason said?

'Do you know what? I love it when I get to tell you little lessons that I have been reminded of in life, I love sharing little stories wiv' yer'. Especially when they're true'

Oh Mikey, you're a star! :grin::grin:

Last edited:
might be a few shocked faces on here tonight

The digisender was an excellent price for the technology as well

over 800 sold at 90 all in some going that

Absolutely good on Bid for getting big brands. Their improvement month on month is great.

Great to see the iPhone 5 for sale on bid. Hope there will be more quantities than the usual for good quality brands (as in 4 or 5) but as long as they have more than that, happy days :)

They all sound great products and please excuse me for digressing for a second but did anyone just hear what Mason said?

'Do you know what? I love it when I get to tell you little lessons that I have been reminded of in life, I love sharing little stories wiv' yer'. Especially when they're true'

Oh Mikey, you're a star! :grin::grin:

Mikey loves to have a dig! I'd welcome a day trip to Sit-up. We can all go and sit round their conference table and have a debate over some tea and biscuits! Yeah okay I'm really after some free cake but the offer is there :wait::giggle:

i only caught the last 25 mins of mikes show and i liked what i did see,plus i just checked the apple store they have the model mike was selling at £529 delivered so bid are offering it cheaper at £521.52 with the call cost and no postage :cool:

i only caught the last 25 mins of mikes show and i liked what i did see,plus i just checked the apple store they have the model mike was selling at £529 delivered so bid are offering it cheaper at £521.52 with the call cost and no postage :cool:

Still an obscene amount of money for a phone! It's good to talk :drunk::cash::talking:

Mikey loves to have a dig! I'd welcome a day trip to Sit-up. We can all go and sit round their conference table and have a debate over some tea and biscuits! Yeah okay I'm really after some free cake but the offer is there :wait::giggle:

I don't think he meant it as a dig Paul, (I think) he meant that when you get advice and it's true it's worth sharing and BOY does he like giving advice!

Whatever the reason it was funny though, especially coming from him. I didn't watch all of the following sale but it was a Cross Pen Set, I briefly caught him lecturing about the fact few of us pen letters anymore.

I believe he writes the odd letter but rather than use a Cross Pen he favours Crayola :grin:

not quite sure how they pulled of getting the i phone 5

considering it is a week long sale they must have a relatively large quantity and they appeared from the names along the screen last night to sell about 12 (6 of whom were new buyers)

A family member works in distribution for Apple and i would be astonished if Bid are making anymore than a few pounds on each of these phones. Apple do not do any kind of discount even to bulk buyers like Amazon e.t.c

More of a case of showcasing a big popular brand which is a good idea imo

i would be astonished if Bid are making anymore than a few pounds on each of these phones....More of a case of showcasing a big popular brand which is a good idea imo

Indeed - They have a quantity of 200 to last the whole week and they have sold 20 :)

They won't be making much money on them but customers who used to watch because of the big brands but stopped watching because they started to sell too much crap, if they hear somebody say "bid were selling an iPhone 5 last night", there are chances that they would come back and watch again thinking they have better items again. More of a marketing ploy I think.

Of course

It has already attracted at least 7 new buyers so thats 7 potential new customers there

Yeah about time no more products that we never heard off, stick to mainstream products like apple, Samsung , l'oreal etc.
Not jean paul de pont some made up rubbish the real deal, this would save bidtv...

not quite sure how they pulled of getting the i phone 5

considering it is a week long sale they must have a relatively large quantity and they appeared from the names along the screen last night to sell about 12 (6 of whom were new buyers)

A family member works in distribution for Apple and i would be astonished if Bid are making anymore than a few pounds on each of these phones. Apple do not do any kind of discount even to bulk buyers like Amazon e.t.c

More of a case of showcasing a big popular brand which is a good idea imo

Agree - when I saw they were selling an iphone I knew they wouldn't be able to sell much cheaper then the main stockists - so the fact they went a little bit cheaper is great.

I would assume they're doing it to try and claw back some viewers and try to be a bit more high end - which is totally needed. The lower-end products will always have an audience, but when the channel is focussing just on selling rotating dusters and egg boilers it doesn't look great.

This is a good move.

They should of done it on easy pay (3 payments isn't it?), they would of sold loads more. Quite a lot of places let you buy it on monthly payments for around the same price Bid sold it for so they where always going to find it hard to sell them out right.

Latest posts

Back