Half Price Event?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

newtobid

Registered Shopper
I noted last night I World had the halogen oven as a usual price of £99.99

Can anybody tell me when this "usual price" was taken from? I do not recall the oven being this price in the last year or so i have been watching

thanks

NTB I know we have disagreements on the bid page but this is one I would take to the ASA and one which would be upheld or things would be done about it. It never sells for more than £50. I can only imagine they have it on their website for £100 at some point but it's very misleading.

Ok Benny

That is kind of what i was getting at and was quite amazed when i saw the presentation tbh

Unfourtantley the ASA will not entertain me, maybe ideal world viewers are just not as bothered as other channels?

The presenter right at the end said and i quote

"you could buy two today for the price of one"

That to me is a very serious breach on quite a few levels

change the item number and sit it on the website for 30 days at £100, doubt they are breaking any law but it is very dodgy imo

I think in stores they have to say that it has been on sale at the higher price for 28 days previously [and in any store, so you could be in Cornwall and somewhere in Scotland had it at the higher price].

I have often thought the only way would be to have a screen shot of the website for the previous 28 days but I can't be Ahsed to do it.

At the end of the day, with sales, I look at what I am spending, not what I am saving and I don't feel ripped off.

IW do this all the time, I have watched for years and NEVER seen the halogen over at £100. Incredibly misleading, this channel isn't even worth watching if they were giving things away, there'd be a catch, or it would be a choice of an x-hose, a karcher or a little yello something :( Saw the other day on the QVC forum that Bamix and Vitamix have jumped ship too now, just Karcher to go back to QVC (where it started many many years ago) and goodness knows what IW will sell.

Many of the Karcher pressure washers seemed to double in price on the website around a month ago!

So expect them to be part of this event!

yes it seems nearly all of there stock has doubled in price suddenly

I shudder to think the reaction if this happened on another channel
I have no doubt i world have jigged it so it is legal but it very very wrong

in my opinion

It is very wrong, and as they are promoting it as a half price event on their TV network, it should have to be sold on the channel for the higher price regardless of if it has been cheaper on their website. If IW were an online only business it would be fine, but to know that IW has an older target audience (where many wont use the internet) it is very misleading.

At the end of the day, with sales, I look at what I am spending, not what I am saving and I don't feel ripped off.

I totally agree with this. I have a limit on what I can afford or an willing to spend on something and will look around for the best price.
But IW need to get their act in order they are "ripping off " those who are unable to search the internet or get to the High Street to compare prices and might be drawn in by these so called offers.
They have also used the same tactics for their Million pound giver ways.
Shabby to say the least and yes it shouldn't be happening.

yes it seems nearly all of there stock has doubled in price suddenly

I shudder to think the reaction if this happened on another channel
I have no doubt i world have jigged it so it is legal but it very very wrong

in my opinion

happens all the time in retail, most stores do this, argos,tesco, dfs etc they are all at it

Im sure in previous halogen oven shows the normal price for the white halogen oven was £69.99. Its a pity Iw feel the need to inflate the Usual price because £44.99 is a great price for a halogen oven with the attached lid.

Latest posts

Back