Brands again! Half positive half negative

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

merryone

Registered Shopper
As a prolific buyer from bid, I'm hoping this thread will prove helpful..and a lot of it's positive, so that's good.

Here are a list of brands (not famous) that are good and I've also given a list of stuff to avoid at all costs

GOOD STUFF

Sen

Possibility

NYX cosmetics

Elegance clothing

Cristallina costume jewellery

Inspirations costume jewellery

Most brands of watch...Phillip Mercier a bit iffy though. Diamond Collection, Christin Lars - Very good!

TOUCH AND GO (quality varies wildly)

Tommy and Kate - Had some really good stuff, but some really awful stuff too

Fashion Essentials - Same again

Laurelle - Well actually I bought a set of 4 perfumes from them and they were good, but can't vouch for the other stuff

AVOID AT ALL COSTS

Bid Bedding - The stuff that doesn't fall to bits doesn't wash up well

Anything with the "MAXIM" branding - Terrible quality electronics, and I also noticed that the dreadful identity protection stamps were made by this company

Vivitar cameras - False ecomony - spend a little more and get a decent camera, these are fit only to give to kids as a first camera, and be aware that the Polaroid cameras they sell are also made by Vivitar, and again rubbish quality.

Footwear - In my experience footwear bought from the channels have been uncomfortable to wear, hard edges, uncomfortable insoles, not finished off well inside so cut into feet, Soles of very poor quality and will hole in a matter of weeks!

Hope this helps

Can anyone add their experiences of the good and the bad?

As a prolific buyer from bid, I'm hoping this thread will prove helpful..and a lot of it's positive, so that's good.

Here are a list of brands (not famous) that are good and I've also given a list of stuff to avoid at all costs

GOOD STUFF

Sen

Possibility

NYX cosmetics

Elegance clothing

Cristallina costume jewellery

Inspirations costume jewellery

Most brands of watch...Phillip Mercier a bit iffy though. Diamond Collection, Christin Lars - Very good!

TOUCH AND GO (quality varies wildly)

Tommy and Kate - Had some really good stuff, but some really awful stuff too

Fashion Essentials - Same again

Laurelle - Well actually I bought a set of 4 perfumes from them and they were good, but can't vouch for the other stuff

AVOID AT ALL COSTS

Bid Bedding - The stuff that doesn't fall to bits doesn't wash up well

Anything with the "MAXIM" branding - Terrible quality electronics, and I also noticed that the dreadful identity protection stamps were made by this company

Vivitar cameras - False ecomony - spend a little more and get a decent camera, these are fit only to give to kids as a first camera, and be aware that the Polaroid cameras they sell are also made by Vivitar, and again rubbish quality.

Footwear - In my experience footwear bought from the channels have been uncomfortable to wear, hard edges, uncomfortable insoles, not finished off well inside so cut into feet, Soles of very poor quality and will hole in a matter of weeks!

Hope this helps

Can anyone add their experiences of the good and the bad?

Steve McDonald really annoys me when he absolutely always calls Pulsar Watches 'Seiko Pulsar' (something I have never seen any other retailer do) but he isn't so keen to call Polaroid Cameras 'Vivitar Polaroid'.

Shady git.

Aw, but Merry... it wouldn't be the same without the Vivitar cameras... I love the part where they compare them to their own £50,000+ studio cameras! :grin: (which is a ridiculous statement just because the studio camera's aren't HD)

Latest posts

Back