Inappropriate items.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

louise66

Registered Shopper
Surely, the Q isn't going to be bringing us sheepskin boots in this weather? Usually, when you make out of season prchases, you get them cheaper. Somehow, I don't think the Q will be reducing the Emu stock. I thought the same about the NN tsv; I am not wearing a duvet on my bed right now, as it's too hot, so there is no way I would be in the market for a duvet set. Still with NN; am I the only one who thinks that, if the Q is selling a set of two sheets, it would be a better pack if it contained a flat and a fitted sheet, and not two fitted sheets?

I thought there would have been a summer slanket by now too! and yes I agree re the sheets, I don't want a duvet cover EVERY time...

I'm sure I heard them say once on Q that Emu's are suitable all year round and Australians wear them all the time!.....hmmm

If the prices on the Winter things are reduced enough, then I would buy it now. If its only a few pounds then I would rather wait to see what the TSVs are later in the year.

For Northern Nights I have no experience, although I have just ordered two sets on special offer, plus with free P&P, which for me is less than half price. Previously I bought white Egyptian cotton flat sheets when I lived in the UK (13 years ago) and they are still going strong. I have never bought fitted base sheets previously to my two NN sets, as for me flat sheets are better. They are easier to iron and if you do "nurses corners" when you make the bed they stay smooth.

Both the duvet sets will be washed when they arrive and if they iron well, then I will keep them and use them in the Autumn.

I'm sure I heard them say once on Q that Emu's are suitable all year round and Australians wear them all the time!.....hmmm

Somehow, I doubt this; my cousin lives in Adelaide, and it's scorching hot for most of the year. Whenever an australian show is on tv, why is it we never see them wearing trousers and sheepskin boots?! They always wear shorts.

Yes they have always said that they keep you warm in winter and cool in summer (vavuum flask syndrome?) but I have never believed this any more than dress it up dress it down

Although it is normal to have an end of season sale only Q would have a 'pre season" sale FGS the stuff is at least 12 months out of date, surely people would save their spending for new stock not stuff returned God knows how many times.

I have been at home all day and I have on my ugg mini boots I use them as slippers most of the time

As they do a lot of wait list now I doubt they will have such surplus stock in future years. Clearance has been dire.

Somehow, I doubt this; my cousin lives in Adelaide, and it's scorching hot for most of the year. Whenever an australian show is on tv, why is it we never see them wearing trousers and sheepskin boots?! They always wear shorts.

I know, it's utter nonsense!!!

Absolutely not! I remember visiting my friend in Perth a few years back and asked him why I hadn't seen anyone wearing Uggs or Emus out and about in Perth. His response was 1. They are strictly indoor wear. They are never worn outdoors, unless you want to be ridiculed. 2. Ugg Australia is not an Australian brand, it's American 3. Emu? What's that? Never heard of 'em in Australia.

Asked his mum & sister the same question. Same response c

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

If the prices on the Winter things are reduced enough, then I would buy it now. If its only a few pounds then I would rather wait to see what the TSVs are later in the year.

For Northern Nights I have no experience, although I have just ordered two sets on special offer, plus with free P&P, which for me is less than half price. Previously I bought white Egyptian cotton flat sheets when I lived in the UK (13 years ago) and they are still going strong. I have never bought fitted base sheets previously to my two NN sets, as for me flat sheets are better. They are easier to iron and if you do "nurses corners" when you make the bed they stay smooth.

Both the duvet sets will be washed when they arrive and if they iron well, then I will keep them and use them in the Autumn.

The big advantage of flat sheets is that they are more flexible if you change your bedsize - a double sheet will still just about fit a king size.

Yes they have always said that they keep you warm in winter and cool in summer (vavuum flask syndrome?) but I have never believed this any more than dress it up dress it down

Although it is normal to have an end of season sale only Q would have a 'pre season" sale FGS the stuff is at least 12 months out of date, surely people would save their spending for new stock not stuff returned God knows how many times.

I never did believe the warm in winter and cool in summer bit until I treated myself to a pair of emu slippers earlier this year, for the first summer ever I have had comfortable non sweaty feet, they are the best slippers ever imho.BTW I bought them from... Amazon not quite as expensive as QVC....

Latest posts

Back