Thomas Kinkade Collection - Tonight on Price Drop 6,30pm

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Wirral70

Registered Shopper
Guys, just a heads up that Price-Drop are proud to offer, for one night only, a very special Thomas Kinkade Collection from 6.30pm.

Unfortunately Lisa Brash won't be on hand to offer her insight and passionate views but who better than our other resident Art expert, Steve MacDonald, to guide us through what is sure to be a memorable night.

This is an exciting opportunity to broaden your personal and cultural awareness.

Guys, just a heads up that Price-Drop are proud to offer, for one night only, a very special Thomas Kinkade Collection from 6.30pm.

Unfortunately Lisa Brash won't be on hand to offer her insight and passionate views but who better than our other resident Art expert, Steve MacDonald, to guide us through what is sure to be a memorable night.

This is an exciting opportunity to broaden your personal and cultural awareness.

I just caught him saying he used to be an Art Director :happy:

Just said he's doing them from 9 till 10

Last edited:
I just caught him saying he used to be an Art Director :happy:

He was Momma however, while i'm sure his experience is greatly valued by the viewers he probably dosen't have the artistic scope and sheer breadth of knowledge held by Lisa Brash.

Imagine the two of them being on together?? It would be fantastic.........wouldn't it? :wonder:

I think Lisa would likely challenge Steve's more conformist views to Art, in particular in reference to Expressionist Artists such as Ludwig Kirchner and Wassily Kandinsky. I know she has said previously she feels strongly Expressionist Artists should be more concerned with having their paintings express a feeling than in making the painting look exactly like what they were painting.

It would make for an interesting debate, two heavyweight artistic minds challenging each others preconceptions.

I think Lisa would likely challenge Steve's more conformist views to Art, in particular in reference to Expressionist Artists such as Ludwig Kirchner and Wassily Kandinsky. I know she has said previously she feels strongly Expressionist Artists should be more concerned with having their paintings express a feeling than in making the painting look exactly like what they were painting.

It would make for an interesting debate, two heavyweight artistic minds challenging each others preconceptions.

I know I for one would readily tune in, in fact, I'd make a good night of it with invites and a buffet :happy:

I know I for one would readily tune in, in fact, I'd make a good night of it with invites and a buffet :happy:

Just another heads up that Lisa Brash soon features in the popular Sky Arts 1 HD programme 'In Conversation'. In it she discusses Post Impressionism, and in particular the works of Vincent Van Gogh and Henri de Toulouse-Lautrec who were both huge influences during her formative years.

I have it on good authority that Lisa Brash and Steve MacDonald are ex-Art directors of Crayola Inc. :grin:

brash vs macdonald in a harry hill still "FIGHT" to decide who is the ultimate art expert.

my question is...

what would be the physical form that would be used to represent them in the "FIGHT"

He was Momma however, while i'm sure his experience is greatly valued by the viewers he probably dosen't have the artistic scope and sheer breadth of knowledge held by Lisa Brash.

Lol! All I can visualise Lisa having great knowledge of is kebabs & men. Not art!

The only thing I disliked about last nights show was the "Your getting a genuine Kinkade" comments that were getting thrown about, I doubt anybody in a shop that sells prints would refer to prints as a genuine "Michelangelo" or genuine "Picasso's". In fairness he did mention the word print now & again but seldom in the same sentence. I don't know why he didn't just call them "genuine officially commissioned prints" as it would of been more open & transparent.
I know they had the word "print" on screen but obviously many viewers (especially elderly) will have vision problems & just go on the instructions the presenter gives.

Not worthy of a complaint but just an annoyance.

The only thing I disliked about last nights show was the "Your getting a genuine Kinkade" comments that were getting thrown about, I doubt anybody in a shop that sells prints would refer to prints as a genuine "Michelangelo" or genuine "Picasso's". In fairness he did mention the word print now & again but seldom in the same sentence. I don't know why he didn't just call them "genuine officially commissioned prints" as it would of been more open & transparent.
I know they had the word "print" on screen but obviously many viewers (especially elderly) will have vision problems & just go on the instructions the presenter gives.

Not worthy of a complaint but just an annoyance.

I think you are right, in the art world a print is a whole world away from an original. If I heard genuine and didn't see the on screen graphics I would think it was an original. I think the ASA would agree they should mention it in air more too after all they have the p&p and call costs displayed but still made them mention them often.

As ever the purchaser does have some responsibility when buying an item. I personally think that, on a whole, Bid are more than clear enough that they are indeed prints although i'm not for one moment questioning what was said in an individual sale that I genuinely didn't watch.

My issue with some of the Kinkade sales is that one or two presenters appear to be implying they can be purchased with a view to using them as an investment vehicle and that is absolutely fine, just so long as they can substantiate such claims by providing specific examples.

I'm sure they'll get the opportunity to argue their case, in due course.

As ever the purchaser does have some responsibility when buying an item. I personally think that, on a whole, Bid are more than clear enough that they are indeed prints although i'm not for one moment questioning what was said in an individual sale that I genuinely didn't watch.

My issue with some of the Kinkade sales is that one or two presenters appear to be implying they can be purchased with a view to using them as an investment vehicle and that is absolutely fine, just so long as they can substantiate such claims by providing specific examples.

I'm sure they'll get the opportunity to argue their case, in due course.

i think that's a fair post, i don't think the products are presented like they are an original piece in terms of graphics etc... however i see nothing to indicate these paintings could increase in value.

i'd appreciate p-si to stop talking like kinkade is god too.

edit: i admit i no knowledge of art in anyway so have no problem in being entirely wrong on this.

Last edited:
i think that's a fair post, i don't think the products are presented like they are an original piece in terms of graphics etc... however i see nothing to indicate these paintings could increase in value.

i'd appreciate p-si to stop talking like kinkade is god too.

edit: i admit i no knowledge of art in anyway so have no problem in being entirely wrong on this.

The trouble with some of the presenters in question is that, unlike us, they claim they most certainly do have a lot of Art knowledge, having worked in that field. That's what makes some of their claims more serious, in my opinion.

The trouble with some of the presenters in question is that, unlike us, they claim they most certainly do have a lot of Art knowledge, having worked in that field. That's what makes some of their claims more serious, in my opinion.

I have a vision....

Lisa Brash - valuation expert (Art - Kinkade a speciality)~ Antiques Roadshow, BBC.

Latest posts

Back