Brainwave....let's just pop to the shops..

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Spottybotty

Registered Shopper
:headbang::headbang::thinking:Don't know why we haven't thought of it before.........why don't we just buy stuff in shops? No panic, no flippin' p and p, you can try stuff on, smell the perfume, feel how heavy the jewellery is.............:taphead:

Crikey! What an innovation that would be!! And you get your shopping there and then, without having to wait a week for it! Also, imagine being able to try clothes on to see if they fit!!!! No, all this is just a dream.... and yet.........

That's fine if you can get to the shops, some people are housebound or live out in the sticks

I think we all worked this out a while ago , but least you know what to do now :D

Have turned Debbie off. She is being totally silly. Her whole presentation style is false and hammy!

Great Idea! The only thing is we get drawn into buying stuff that is only available from Le Q. I must admit I am getting increasingly frustrated by Le Q - I ordered 2 items from Doll10 cosmetics on monday and I have just checked this evening on my account to see when they were dispatched and they are still in process, so that means, even if they were to be dispatched tomorrow, day 3, there is no way I will receive my items within 3-5 days! Delivery has been appalling recently - or should I say dispatch has been tardy.
Yes, I think more trips to the high street to try things is a great idea, we should organise a day out, a coach trip for all ST formites to "the high street"!

Great Idea! The only thing is we get drawn into buying stuff that is only available from Le Q. I must admit I am getting increasingly frustrated by Le Q - I ordered 2 items from Doll10 cosmetics on monday and I have just checked this evening on my account to see when they were dispatched and they are still in process, so that means, even if they were to be dispatched tomorrow, day 3, there is no way I will receive my items within 3-5 days! Delivery has been appalling recently - or should I say dispatch has been tardy.
Yes, I think more trips to the high street to try things is a great idea, we should organise a day out, a coach trip for all ST formites to "the high street"!

I ordered a tiny tube of cream on 1st and it was only despatched on 4th andnot here yet - where is the 3-5 days in this. Q wake up and smell the coffee.

One word spottybotty, germs! The High Street is full of them. And if Q haven't used that ruse yet, well, I bet they will after reading this. Oh no! They don't read these pages do they? JR bigged Glen up the other day, I was a bit suspicious.

How dare you Spottybotty!!!!!! Don't you know the high street and shops are the anti christ according to QVC. Only death and despair awaits anyone who even things of doing such a thing.:giggle:

Well I`m good at doing shops and gave up with Q a long time ago for anything but SBC, Mally and JW. At the moment I`m down in South Wales visiting my grandkids and much as the scenery is beautiful, it`s great to have deserted beaches on the doorstep and it`s so quiet and peaceful etc there isn`t a decent shop for miles. The nearest large town is over an hour`s drive away and for anybody without a car it would be nigh on impossible to get there because locally the buses are few and far between. My daughter in law is in her 30`s with 2 young children and really misses having nice shops close to her so she has become more and more reliant on the internet. The difference is most sites offer free or capped p and p and many send you a returns label or email one you can print off and so she`s able to order clothes, shoes, accessories, makeup, kids clothes and household stuff, browse them, try them on and if they aren`t right she just drops them off at the local PO or arranges for courier collection with little if any cost to herself. If Q are going to cite in their sales pitch about housebound customers or customers who live far away from shops etc then they need to make life as easy as they can for those customers by offering the cheapest p and p and the cheapest returns because otherwise, customers such as my daughter in law simply won`t entertain them. It`s all been said before but it always falls on Q`s deaf ears.

One word spottybotty, germs! The High Street is full of them. And if Q haven't used that ruse yet, well, I bet they will after reading this. Oh no! They don't read these pages do they? JR bigged Glen up the other day, I was a bit suspicious.

Was that not to remind us who he was as he doesn`t seem to be on half as much as he used to be, all these young fashion journalist/stylists eem to have taken over the slots he used to do...also he has changed a bit lol

Was that not to remind us who he was as he doesn`t seem to be on half as much as he used to be, all these young fashion journalist/stylists eem to have taken over the slots he used to do...also he has changed a bit lol

Oh forgot to ask does anyone know how he earns a living surely the odd spots on Q in`t enough !!

Just browsing through the new Argos catalogue. It's got loads of the brands with which QVC bores us on a regular basis. Steam mops, NoNoNo, blah de blah.... often cheaper and no p&p. Can see why Q seems to have problems.

Well I`m good at doing shops and gave up with Q a long time ago for anything but SBC, Mally and JW. At the moment I`m down in South Wales visiting my grandkids and much as the scenery is beautiful, it`s great to have deserted beaches on the doorstep and it`s so quiet and peaceful etc there isn`t a decent shop for miles. The nearest large town is over an hour`s drive away and for anybody without a car it would be nigh on impossible to get there because locally the buses are few and far between. My daughter in law is in her 30`s with 2 young children and really misses having nice shops close to her so she has become more and more reliant on the internet. The difference is most sites offer free or capped p and p and many send you a returns label or email one you can print off and so she`s able to order clothes, shoes, accessories, makeup, kids clothes and household stuff, browse them, try them on and if they aren`t right she just drops them off at the local PO or arranges for courier collection with little if any cost to herself. If Q are going to cite in their sales pitch about housebound customers or customers who live far away from shops etc then they need to make life as easy as they can for those customers by offering the cheapest p and p and the cheapest returns because otherwise, customers such as my daughter in law simply won`t entertain them. It`s all been said before but it always falls on Q`s deaf ears.

I think QVC should take a leaf out of Amazon's book on delivery. I pay for the Prime and it is brilliant.

Also, if you get into your car, bus, taxi- whatever-and go to the shops, you don't have to wait in until the delivery company decides to deliver, which is usually when you are at work :headbang:

If you go to the shops you might pay for fuel and parking or bus fare and a cup of coffee but if you buy half a dozen items you don't pay for six lots of parking, six cups of coffee etc..

I'm a person that hates the high street. It's too crowded, the shops I want to go to are too far apart and I have to get the bus in and out. I'm not lazy, but I have a bit of a disability and I just hate the whole hassle so I'm one of Q's dream customers I suppose. I only buy things I want - I'm not much of an impulse shopper unless I've had a few on a Saturday night, and on the whole I am happy. Yes you have to pay P&P but for the convenience of having it delivered to my door (I do have a lovely neighbour that takes everything in while I'm at work) then I'm OK with it. My weekends are my own instead of trawling around Argos and John Lewis. I think QVC fills a niche for folk like me. We know we probably pay more but for me I'm OK with that and I usually only buy one item at a time so I never fall into the £20 odd pounds P&P bracket. Each to their own I suppose.

Latest posts

Back