Fashion

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Adam82

Registered Shopper
All I ever see on bidtv price drop tv is fashion. Can't they sell anything else oh and gardening.Come on bidtv you can do better than this.Most people buy clothing from high street shops not shopping channels, 1 thing with buying clothes in shops you can try it on there and then and not hassle with sending it back, another p&p charge

All I ever see on bidtv price drop tv is fashion. Can't they sell anything else oh and gardening.Come on bidtv you can do better than this.Most people buy clothing from high street shops not shopping channels, 1 thing with buying clothes in shops you can try it on there and then and not hassle with sending it back, another p&p charge

it does seem that for a 'variety channel' the presenters don't seem to have much variety in what they can present.

it might actually give more credibility to certain products if people that are not 'experts' in them can give more real worldly opinions on a product rather than just reading the auto-cue and saying the .... same old ****.

edit: apologies if my language offends but it is quite frankly how I would express that thought.

Last edited:

It's a bit of a risk buying clothing off Bid, the sizing of all the people in the studio seems odd to me. Lovely Annie can be anything from a 10 to a 16 depending on the day of the week and the presenter.

It's a bit of a risk buying clothing off Bid, the sizing of all the people in the studio seems odd to me. Lovely Annie can be anything from a 10 to a 16 depending on the day of the week and the presenter.

I noticed earlier on q, during a trinny n Susannah show, they actually had a graphic at the side of the screen showing the model's name and the size the article of clothing she was modelling was. I had never seen that before and quite frankly was impressed.

I noticed earlier on q, during a trinny n Susannah show, they actually had a graphic at the side of the screen showing the model's name and the size the article of clothing she was modelling was. I had never seen that before and quite frankly was impressed.

Yeah, quality channel that and I have bought clothing off them. They are very helpful sizewise.

Yeah, quality channel that and I have bought clothing off them. They are very helpful sizewise.

yeah in terms of visual presentation, it can't really be improved. it's pretty much as relevant as it can get in terms of being the customer.

I have issues with them, but not on this.

And it dosen't help when presenters (especially Elisa Portelli, who is easily the worst) tells people try the size above or below if one has sold out. I really do wonder why they bother with a selection of sizes during her show, they may as well get a shed load of the one!

But of course she thoughtfully stresses you can send it back if it dosen't fit (at your own expense of course), having already paid £7.99 to get it in the first place :headbang:

Last edited:

You have admitted in an earlier post that you have never bought off the channel, would've thought it wouldn't bother you what they sell :thinking:

And it dosen't help when presenters (especially Elisa Portelli, who is easily the worst) tells people try the size above or below if one has sold out. I really do wonder why they bother with a selection of sizes during her show, they may as well get a shed load of the one!

But of course she thoughtfully stresses you can send it back if it dosen't (at your own expense of course), having already paid £7.99 to get it in the first place :headbang:

she is a foreman now haha, the portelli is gone.

she seems to also be a pro on the informertial circuit haha.

She has worked all over the shop, even for the 'we are nothing to do with Auction-World.tv' i-Buy channel (as Mason did and I think Mark Stewart too).

Elisa is a highly skilled bullshitter but not in an aggressive way like Mason, her technique is far more subtle.

Last edited:
Bid fashion - I've bought quite a lot of it, and it's actually ok, and what's more it washes up ok. My only gripe with it is that it can be rather expensive. I buy a fair bit of it from ocean tree trading on Ebay, my last purchase was a dress I'd had my eye on for a while, but it never went lower than £19.99, add on the £7.99 and that's nearly £28 - No way I'd spend that! Any way, it was £3.48, no bids 30 mins left so I bid £3.49 and got it - the postage was only £2.99 so in all I spent £6.48 - Happy with that! I've done this on quite a few occassions, well worth a look.

I know my town has a Primark, and I find the stuff of pretty good quality, but I dunno call me a snob, but I just don't get that buzz from shopping there - plus the fact half the world will have the same dress!

Not that I would ever have bought any but they seem to have given up on men's 'fashion', you sometimes see a sock set but that's about it.

Maybe Thomas Brookes has signed an exclusive deal with John Lewis?

Latest posts

Back