Loccitane soaps

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Snowstorm

Registered Shopper
I do really like a bar of soap and haven't honestly come across another range on Q that lives up, lasts and does the job. Do any others compare favourably in terms of quality and price?

Not that I know of. I tend to buy l'Occitane soaps once a year before I go on holiday. I know of a good market in Nice that sells good soaps, and also another one in Vilnius.

I am always interested in finding a rival for L'Occitane soaps but am yet to find one. I use yhe shea milk soaps and the bonne mere, and also have a couple of Rose 4 Reinnes soaps which is my favourite L'Occitane scent. I tend to collect them in the gift sets in the sale or the TSV's and they all get used. I am also a liquid soap fanatic and use that at home for the whole family.

Oh :( I don't know about South London but I know that the 99p shop in Edgware has a range of "Yardley" soaps at 99p each.. They look very posh, but I didn't try them as I notices on the ingredients list was "tallow." I don't know what tallow is but recall hearing it is not good. Here is a link to the range of Yardley soaps. I would suggest looking in TK Max as they often have savon de marseille there.

http://www.yardleylondon.co.uk/english-rose-luxury-soap.html

Ahhhh was thinking a bit more closer to home Julius south London :)

No good to you guys, but in Belfast at Christmas we have a market in the city hall grounds. A guy comes over from France(he is from Belfast originally), he has a stall selling Bonne Mare soaps, bath size 3 for £6. They have far more fragrances than L'Occitane all Shea butter based, my favourite is Asses Milk(yes make with the milk from real asses). I stock up each year, in fact have some from two years ago unused.

Oh :( I don't know about South London but I know that the 99p shop in Edgware has a range of "Yardley" soaps at 99p each.. They look very posh, but I didn't try them as I notices on the ingredients list was "tallow." I don't know what tallow is but recall hearing it is not good. Here is a link to the range of Yardley soaps. I would suggest looking in TK Max as they often have savon de marseille there.

http://www.yardleylondon.co.uk/english-rose-luxury-soap.html

Tallow is the fat from dead cows usually. Its a cheap ingredient used by soap makes for years. Do you fancy washing yourself in dead animal fat?

Thanks all. I have bought some soaps from TK and they smell nice but go soggy. As did M&S. Locci soaps do retain their shape and fragrance. Hence my quest for something that compares! Lucky you Donna :)

I only use l'occitane have done for years. I buy some from qvc if they are doing a good deal but more often than not I get them from Bicester,e-bay and from l'occitanne in the sales. the big 250g bars last me several weeks so not a bad price. I even use the face shea soap on my face and that lasts me several months. I have to have several boxes as I can run out. don't really love shower gels as the bars of soap make me feel a lot cleaner faster

Thanks all. Looks like locci soaps are the best. There is a nice locci store in islington and Battersea so will keep an eye on their sales and compare with Q and eBay.

I always have Imperial Leather soaps for the bath and shower, and L'Occitane for the sink - I like the verbena soap bar and hubby likes the Verbena liquid. I have lots of shower gels but use them after Imperial leather. My favourite shower gel is the Decleor blue/green one or Molton Browns Blissful Templetree.

There's lots of small independent type shops where I live that sell 'locally' made soaps and I've seen the when I've been in different towns all over the UK. Some are hits, others not so. I recently bought a lot of L'Occitane abroad and last year bought a lot of local soaps in Bruges that were fantastic. I generally have L'Occitane liquid soap in most rooms. I'm partial to a few Lush products too :)

I used to love L'Occitane soaps before they went more Floral. My faves were Sweet Lemon, Fig, Chestnut and I think Cinnamon and Orange. I have had mine for donkeys years and they still make my drawers smell lovely. :happy:

I like m&s Cowley manor and white scents, though prefer liquid soaps. Natroma.co.UK do lovely soaps, and beautiful sets, with offers on MisShapes now to sample - they're cruelty free too.

When I was a kid we lived in the next street to a soap factory. The air smelled wonderful and there was the smell of soap everywhere. The factory is still running to this day and still handmaking soap. There are You tubes of the factory and many articles about them.
http://www.droyt.com/about-us.php

A word of warning about LUSH soaps. They are very soft and can cause built up in your down pipe(not sure of real name), from the sink. I had to stop using them as this thick deposit was stuck there. I had to use drain cleaner to get rid of it, stopped using LUSH soaps(which I did love), and didn't happen again.

What about dear old Pears soap???

Latest posts

Back